Welcome to retrolled

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Welcome back James?

I mean if Jeff can be Evelys and Jon can be Millie surely El Gringo could be James. BUT his location says Las Vegas and I think James is from Texas so clearly the trail ones cold. No one s crafty enough to lie about heir location on gaming forum, gender YES, Location NO.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
About 5-10 minutes into the conversation, someone lets Evelys' real name leak, and I just about die of laughter. I know the guy. We were friends on IRC back in the day (late 90s.) I've even met him in person, as we had an IRC channel get together in like 1999 or something. I've talked to him on a couple social networking sites since then, sporadically (once every three to five years, or so, normally.)

How did he get the pictures? From my myspace account, where I had him friended..
Kirsie does this mean that you have a picture of the guy (from his myspace or whatever) ?

ps I can't believe both Erronius and Eomer got Duppin'ed by the same guy. /ClayDavis

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
What the deuce, his picture is in the first post.

hAfxN.jpg

hAfxN.jpg

hAfxN.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
this whole story only confirm my assertion that there are no girls on the internet....
There are, but it's fucking laughable that any of you nerds think that their interests would even remotely correlate with your own. They're too busy reading fan-faction, blogs, instagramming, facebooking, and knitting to give a shit about video games, sports, etc.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
And the fact that Req said "fuck everyone" and denied that T&T never got special treatment (lol). Fuck em.
Req's posts and excuses were the most ridiculous and pathetic things. Obviously he doesn't owe us shit. But to sit there and say that the *community* failed because we didn't somehow magically ban Trexxy was completely fucking retarded. I mean epically retarded. She was given mod powers and her own forum, and she was fucking the only admin or whatever Tyen was. And when he wrote his little thing about how he got "enjoyment" out of watching the community implode, that was so fucking obnoxious. I've met Req. I slept on his floor at his & Tyen's apartment. Req was a nice guy, and I don't want to attack his physical appearance, but imagine what someone is like when they spend all day long sitting in a recliner with a series of computer monitors and keyboards strung up around him in an almost Sam Deathwallker like fashion as he programs 20 hours a day. Add to that a blunted affect, and you have basically a blob pretending speaking condescendingly to an entire community of very successful people. Fuck that.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i just want to take a sec to formally thank tuco, draegan and everyone else who put this all together so quickly. being a just a lurker for close to 10 years, it's not like i had any real stake in what happened... but like others have said, seeing req's posts this afternoon was just... seriously... i don't know. words fail me. the part that cinched it for me was when he said "this site is worthless." of course he was talking about gaining revenue, but still... really nailed it for me that i was done having any kind of respect for his leadership. tyenley (don't remember who coined that but i'm using it) are who they are and for all their trolling they're just 2 people on a gaming forum. req is the admin. he's the leader, he's the one that's supposed to keep things together and in his own words, he thinks it's worthless. so bleh. frustrated, but glad there's people who care about the community and willing to put some blood, sweat and tears into giving us all a home. so, from just one of the nameless lurkers, thank you

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Thanks for your honesty.. I don't think I'm all that hideous, but I've seen the light today.

I am the person in the pictures. I did not run MoreNetz. The person who ran MoreNetz used my pictures. Ergo, in your eyes, I'm ugly.

For all those shouting "conspiracy!" I can put that (somewhat) to rest:

This is no conspiracy. I woke up to a text last night from Halan, asking me if I'd started a new EQ board. (I've played on and off since 2000, on the Seventh Hammer server.. never on the same server as Evelys.) I told Halan I had not started a new forum, and asked him "why?" He replied with "because there's some shit going down with FoH and someone spun off and made a board and is using your pictures, claiming that they're you. You might want to kill your boyfriend if it's him." So I go take a look at the thread, realize it's not my boyfriend, and I don't have to kill him... BUT.. I also do NOT know who it IS, at the time. I tried to sign up to make a post on the boards, and couldn't.. and I wasn't about to pay $25 to explain things.

Fast forward to mid-morning. Halan texts me again asking if I'd heard anything. I reply that I hadn't, but I'd deal with it after work. Fast forward again to after work. Still no ability to post to the boards, so I did some sleuthing. I found the IRC server. Being VERY familiar with IRC, I figured I could find a channel and do some 'splainin. I picked the biggest channel, and introduced myself.

Irony, ever at its finest, seems to follow me around. About 5-10 minutes into the conversation, someone lets Evelys' real name leak, and I just about die of laughter. I know the guy. We were friends on IRC back in the day (late 90s.) I've even met him in person, as we had an IRC channel get together in like 1999 or something. I've talked to him on a couple social networking sites since then, sporadically (once every three to five years, or so, normally.)

How did he get the pictures? From my myspace account, where I had him friended. Why did he take them without my consent, and use them as his own? Beats the fuck out of me. I haven't talked to him in about two years. Imagine my surprise when Halan said "hey someone's using your pics" and it turned out to be this guy I knew from IRC yeaaarrrrrrrs ago.

And.. here's a very silly picture of me, my dog, a shoe on my head, and the sign again.. for those who are still skeptical. (Folks who were in the IRC will understand this.)

rrr_img_152.jpg

PS - I know I'm not a 10.. or an 8, or even a 7.. could you just be a little more kind, please? Thanks.
Fantastic story, thank you!

You're not hideous! I'd be most of the rage at your pics is because of the situation. I played on 7th hammer too. What a fucking useless server
smile.png

rrr_img_152.jpg

smile.png

rrr_img_152.jpg

smile.png

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Thanks for your honesty.. I don't think I'm all that hideous, but I've seen the light today.

I am the person in the pictures. I did not run MoreNetz. The person who ran MoreNetz used my pictures. Ergo, in your eyes, I'm ugly.

This is no conspiracy. I woke up to a text last night from Halan, asking me if I'd started a new EQ board. (I've played on and off since 2000, on the Seventh Hammer server.. never on the same server as Evelys.) I told Halan I had not started a new forum, and asked him "why?" He replied with "because there's some shit going down with FoH and someone spun off and made a board and is using your pictures, claiming that they're you. You might want to kill your boyfriend if it's him." So I go take a look at the thread, realize it's not my boyfriend, and I don't have to kill him... BUT.. I also do NOT know who it IS, at the time. I tried to sign up to make a post on the boards, and couldn't.. and I wasn't about to pay $25 to explain things.

Fast forward to mid-morning. Halan texts me again asking if I'd heard anything. I reply that I hadn't, but I'd deal with it after work. Fast forward again to after work. Still no ability to post to the boards, so I did some sleuthing. I found the IRC server. Being VERY familiar with IRC, I figured I could find a channel and do some 'splainin. I picked the biggest channel, and introduced myself.

Irony, ever at its finest, seems to follow me around. About 5-10 minutes into the conversation, someone lets Evelys' real name leak, and I just about die of laughter. I know the guy. We were friends on IRC back in the day (late 90s.) I've even met him in person, as we had an IRC channel get together in like 1999 or something. I've talked to him on a couple social networking sites since then, sporadically (once every three to five years, or so, normally.)

How did he get the pictures? From my myspace account, where I had him friended. Why did he take them without my consent, and use them as his own? Beats the fuck out of me. I haven't talked to him in about two years. Imagine my surprise when Halan said "hey someone's using your pics" and it turned out to be this guy I knew from IRC yeaaarrrrrrrs ago.

And.. here's a very silly picture of me, my dog, a shoe on my head, and the sign again.. for those who are still skeptical. (Folks who were in the IRC will understand this.)

rrr_img_152.jpg

PS - I know I'm not a 10.. or an 8, or even a 7.. could you just be a little more kind, please? Thanks.

Sorry but you're a dude, and your only intent is to ruin the forum.

Short of me impregnating you, or getting 5 unbiased scientists to check for your second x chromosome, you're a dude.

And no, I'm not interested in impregnating you.

rrr_img_152.jpg

rrr_img_152.jpg

Forbin_sl

shitlord
Sorry but you're a dude, and your only intent is to ruin the forum.

Short of me impregnating you, or getting 5 unbiased scientists to check for your second x chromosome, you're a dude.

And no, I'm not interested in impregnating you.
wat.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

This is a man, playing a girl, disguised as a girl.

Fezziwig

Joviality incarnate
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Malware warnings are up again this morning at the old folk's home.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok now I'm confused, I thought Kirsie was the real girl Jeff was posting pics of claiming to be her.
I'm so numb to it anymore. Any female poster on our boards is really a male. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and Etoille to get out as a mangina.

fucker_sl

shitlord
guys you fucking need to stop. i'm here sitting at work, while eating my cold lunch, and ppl think i'm going crazy cause im laughing like an idiot

please.....