Welcome to Wrexham

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Welcome to Wrexham

Genre: Documentary

First aired: 2022-08-24

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Rob McElhenney

Overview: A documentary series on the tiny Welsh soccer club that was recently acquired by Hollywood stars Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ryan Reynolds can do no wrong. Seriously, I subscribe to his youtube channel just to watch all the ads he makes.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
LOL at having to include subtitles for people speaking accented English. It wasn't even a thick Welsh accent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
this is ok, nothing special. Typical sports underdog journey. Similar to the Netflix series on another shitty football team "Sunderland till I die"

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, overproduced for sure.

It would be interesting enough to see the actual purchase and transition of this team, no need for slo-mo cameras and music etc.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The entire season has finished airing so I finally decided to give it a shot. I like it for what it is. A "real" tale of local boy made good, so to speak. Before watching this, I thought it was a Ryan Reynolds / Hugh Jackman thing, just dicking around with each other. Turns out Hugh isn't in it. It's the dude from Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Mythic Quest. And this whole thing of owning a team was his idea, but he knew he didn't have the finances to keep it afloat if they climbed the rankings into higher tiered organizations, so he needed Ryan's cash to make it work. They became instagram friends or something and that's how they started talking, having never met each other in real life. It's a documentary style series. I like it so far.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The entire season has finished airing so I finally decided to give it a shot. I like it for what it is. A "real" tale of local boy made good, so to speak. Before watching this, I thought it was a Ryan Reynolds / Hugh Jackman thing, just dicking around with each other. Turns out Hugh isn't in it. It's the dude from Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Mythic Quest. And this whole thing of owning a team was his idea, but he knew he didn't have the finances to keep it afloat if they climbed the rankings into higher tiered organizations, so he needed Ryan's cash to make it work. They became instagram friends or something and that's how they started talking, having never met each other in real life. It's a documentary style series. I like it so far.

Can you tell me how a pair of Hollywood actors are local to a shitty town in Wales

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They aren't local to them. But the team and all of its players and leadership are locals. But with Always Sunny guy, they pulled out his Philly background. Born and raised out there, and he made good of himself, so they're trying to tell the story that if this guy can make good, the team should also be able to make good.
However, life comes at you fast, and 2nd episode was rough. That said, I'm still enjoying the show.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I watched the whole thing, I enjoyed it minus all the woke nonsense. If you like this show at all just skip episode 17, it's so stupid it almost ruins the series.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Started watching this an am 5 episodes in. Its way better than I thought. Really well made. Kinda like a real life Ted Lasso knockoff.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Started watching this an am 5 episodes in. Its way better than I thought. Really well made. Kinda like a real life Ted Lasso knockoff.
yeah i liked it a lot more than i thought i would. i started watching because of ryan, but he and rob aren't in it very much. it's much more about the people of wrexham trying to rise above their current station. if i knew ryan and rob were only in it as much as they are i probably wouldn't have watched it, since i don't really care about soccer, but i'm glad i watched it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database