Westworld

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We've also only experienced the "first day" of the event a few times. Let's say it runs for a week or a month. That would give the company adequate time to rebuild each destroyed cyborg (as they're destroyed) in order to facilitate the next time a "first day" event begins. The biggest thing is the 1st day has to always have the same active participants.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Speaking of the cyborgs... Do they breath? Can they be choked, or is shooting/damaging them the only way to kill them?

• 1Like

Caliane

I bet the Man in Black is the equivalent of a computer glitch or virus, something made by the 'critical error' event 30 years prior. Someone who was literally lost to the narrative loop and got stuck inside it, a consciousness without a body (or a body the company was forced to keep locked away/plugged in somewhere.)
if he is, he thinks he is human/a guest. Which does not seem to fly exactly with what we have been told. (unless the human memories injected into robots thing.)
what is child park fee.
The family that came up on Dolores painting, made specific mention of the fact they "may have left the children zone", and were worried about coming across non child friendly things.
Westworld clearly has a childfriendly town, without the whores and bandits.
I considered mentioning this, when "where are the 1400 guests" was asked.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah that has to be the plot.

Hannibal Lecter put that "revelry" subroutine in the code that allows them to relive their prior lives so Dolores will realize her life is a lie and she isn't human but blah blah blah "What is human" Blah Blah Blah "Free will" season finally will end with her killing a human in self defense guaranteed.

Actually i think the new "update", reverly didn't affect her, b/c if it did she'd be recalled, but it was enough that it affected her dad, whom then affected her, only cuz Ed Harris(man in black) planted something in her(not rapey).

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of the cyborgs... Do they breath? Can they be choked, or is shooting/damaging them the only way to kill them?

They breathe, but it's just to appear human, I doubt they need to.

I would think they don't "die" they just shutdown/go into "death mode" when something happens to their body that would kill a human. So, just simdeath.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They breathe, but it's just to appear human, I doubt they need to.

I would think they don't "die" they just shutdown/go into "death mode" when something happens to their body that would kill a human. So, just simdeath.
yea, that's why psycho milk guy was really fucked up, cuz he was drinkin milk and it was coming out of him in holes, he shoulda just shut down but they had to do it manually.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yep. And how Harris knew exactly how much "blood" he could drain without killing the host he was interrogating.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Oh, man. This thread is going to be really bad during this show, isn't it? I can't wait!
YOU'RE A GROWING BOY!
The hosts are made of what appears to be milk.
05-westworld-opening-credits.w529.h352.jpg

Later Walter kills his partner Rebus and several other hosts while pouring milk on their bodies.

In the weeks ahead promo we see a man with a milk white hat.

The man with the milk white hat is also attacked by his comrade.

The man with the milk white hat pours milk on his wound.
kqXvtoP.png

• 2Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
After watching that promo..
it does make it look like the whore turns sentient after she is killed by the man in black. Also makes me think that the man in black has some kind of relationship with Ford.

Awesome first episode. I want to expect all kinds of crazy plot twists, but JJ already fooled me once.

• 1Like

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Wow really enjoyed that , was hoping for more of the Western town and more interactions of people with the town and its stories before it goes all bonkers. But good watch nonetheless.

• 1Like

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm really not buying the theory that Ed Harris is a host/computer virus/some other cliche twist.

He's wearing a Black Hat and is playing the game on a deeper level. They're implying that he's trying to "hack" the game somehow (at least figuratively speaking). Not sure to what ends though.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's because of the era of movies/tv we live in, we all expect twists in everything we watch, so we don't trust the narrative. It's gotten quite annoying. You don't need an omg twist to tell a good story.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's because of the era of movies/tv we live in, we all expect twists in everything we watch, so we don't trust the narrative. It's gotten quite annoying. You don't need an omg twist to tell a good story.

1899.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just noticed something else:
In the voiceover at the beginning it's clearly Bernard questioning Dolores. But at the end of the episode, it's Ashley asking the questions (head of security).

I'm attributing that one to either artistic license at the editing table, quantum entanglement, unreliable narration, or just too much coffee.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Caliane

Just noticed something else:
In the voiceover at the beginning it's clearly Bernard questioning Dolores. But at the end of the episode, it's Ashley asking the questions (head of security).

I'm attributing that one to either artistic license at the editing table, quantum entanglement, unreliable narration, or just too much coffee.
Interesting. the questions are probably the same set they ask either EVERY reset, or just after special situations. And, the intro voiceover may have been then a situation in the past with her.

Man in black. yeah, it could definitely be face value. But at the same time, what sets HIM off then? That too seems odd, if he has been coming there for years, then suddenly, goes rogue himself, and trys to undermine the company, and tech for some unknown purpose.

• 1Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Like others have said, I really hope they don't go the "Man in Black is really an android seeking revenge against his makers" route. Older models weren't as sophisticated and didn't have the capacity to develop self-awareness, so we probably don't have to worry about that coming true.

• 2Like