Westworld

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I think he's a competitor corporation.

He seemed to not want to shoot Teddy for whatever reason. Plus he said he has been coming there for 30 years and Teddy comes there every day for who knows how long. My hail mary of a guess is that he is, somehow, Teddy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There's a bit more on the Man in Black in episode 2 if you watch the leak. Nothing too much but it halfway answers your question.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
just watched episode 2, fucking loved it. This is the sci fi show on HBO I've been dreaming about for years

• 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Second episode was much better, I'm a big fan of McPoyle from "It's always sunny" so that could be a factor.

I was expecting him to get killed off the entire time

• 1Like

Homsar

what arent you getting? There is the mystery behind Hopkins, Harris, and if someone is secretly rewriting the code of the surrogates/AI. Everything else is laid out

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Some of the androids are starting to act suspiciously and Ed Harris's character is up to some shenanigans.

It's not exactly Mr. Robot.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I tried to go back and find a scene of Hopkins telling the kid how to wake up from a dream by counting backwards, as later on that's how Thandie Newton woke up. But couldn't find it, did I mis-remember that scene?

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
what arent you getting? There is the mystery behind Hopkins, Harris, and if someone is secretly rewriting the code of the surrogates/AI. Everything else is laid out
i don't know the path of the story. can't guess shit.

• 1Like

Homsar

I'm assuming Harris and Hopkins are the founders or possibly brothers. Not sure how long Harris has been a lunatic that needs to be put down

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Anthony Hopkins' speech at the end of episode 2 is exactly why this show is amazing. Exactly. I felt like he was speaking to me.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I liked. Only gripe is the writers need to stop being edgelords and write some real lines. Why is every scientist young and cool and says nothing but fuck and shit?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I tried to go back and find a scene of Hopkins telling the kid how to wake up from a dream by counting backwards, as later on that's how Thandie Newton woke up. But couldn't find it, did I mis-remember that scene?

I don't think he said anything like that to the kid. there are a few parallel mysteries going on but its only episode 2. I view the story through the lens of the simple AI scifi trope: human beings created artificial life, the artificial life is evolving, we treat them extremely shitty (rape/murder/etc). at what point does a toaster become a sentient being with rights?

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider

I think it was the two whores who actually had that conversation? Not sure either.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Ok so obviously someone programmed in a backdoor which is activated by the verbal command "These violent delight's have violent ends" which enables them to remember "past lives" and also allows them to violate the 3 laws of robotics (hurt/kill)

it seems like it was part of the reverie update by hopkins but that's probably a red herring, I think it's the black guy, director or whatever. He's got his secret meetings with delores, like he's trying to map out the ramifications, how long it takes and what interactions are required before the hosts become violent, develop moral codes, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
It seemed to me that the voice in Delores' head telling her to remember, was a sure sign that someone is actively altering them/doing something to make them sentient. and not just a malfunction or natural AI evolution deal.

• 1Like