Westworld

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Now you have to fight hodj IRL to see who wins a gold title for being psychic.

Nah, predicting Bernard is robutt is nowhere near as astounding an act of prognostication as predicting Trump would win thanks to the Rust Belt and Democrat/MSM hubris nearly 18 months out from the election.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
They don't show the name "Bernard" on his sketch like they do with Dolores's sketch. I'm going with Bernard = Arnold. More than likely it's not the real Arnold but Ford definitely made a replica of him. The question would be why? Arnold always being a Host does make the most sense. How could you completely erase any trace of a person unless that person never really existed? So Arnold always being a Host seems much more plausible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Not sure I believe this, just a thought I had:

First, make the assumption that the Delos corp. wants the hosts for military applications. For that, you would want fully compliant soldiers with no remorse, no emotion, no attachment, etc. Killing machines that can perfectly pass for humans, basically. Ford knows this, and also knows that his time is getting short, he's getting older, and after his death, there would be no one to stop Delos from accomplishing their goals.

To screw Delos over, Ford's plan is to bring about sentience in the hosts. Sure, with sentience you get a lot of bad things related to emotions: rage, jealousy, etc. But you also get the good emotions along with that. In other words, since emotions and sentience and self awareness would now be ingrained into the hosts, they are no longer useful as mindless killing machines.

I'm not sure this theory holds up vs what we currently know, but it's a charitable take on Ford's motives. I think the show is much better with Ford in the role of a bad guy though.

• 1Like

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Given how the Corp would go to any length to protect their ip, as has been said numerous times, why would they just fire Bernard, who knows the tech better than anyone save one?

I like the idea that Arnold's consciousness is uploaded in the maze, and he's basically waiting for a host to find it so he can get a body, but that may be a stretch. MiB seems to thinks it's the other way around... That he will be able to upload his consciousness into a host.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Nah, predicting Bernard is robutt is nowhere near as astounding an act of prognostication as predicting Trump would win thanks to the Rust Belt and Democrat/MSM hubris nearly 18 months out from the election.
Don't ruin this for me!

• 2Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Memed into glory.

• 2Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Any chance that Arnold was real and Ford is a host created by Arnold? Out of all of the hosts, Ford was the first to become self aware and killed Arnold when he realized the truth? The missing technology from Arnold was how to make the hosts self aware, which he hid somewhere in the park? Thirty some years later, Ford is still trying to make the hosts self aware like himself, perhaps in an attempt to overthrow the human race, like the Matrix?

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Any chance that Arnold was real and Ford is a host created by Arnold? Out of all of the hosts, Ford was the first to become self aware and killed Arnold when he realized the truth? The missing technology from Arnold was how to make the hosts self aware, which he hid somewhere in the park? Thirty some years later, Ford is still trying to make the hosts self aware like himself, perhaps in an attempt to overthrow the human race, like the Matrix?
Pls no. we got 7 more seasons to go. no moar./

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Arnold created Ford. Ford gained sentience and Arnold was horrified. Ford killed Arnold and is now trying to make the rest of his "people" sentient as well. From villain to anti hero.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Just read it somewhere else...

Delo(re)s.
except in this past episode we see Bernard, Ford, and Theresa in the secret basement lab looking at what appears to be the original design drawing for Dolores

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a fucking asperger analysis. That's the kind of person for whom the show will never live up to expectations.

That said, Hopkins is absolutely killing it. And watching that video, I think this show will be incredibly enjoyable on a second watch through. The part where Hopkins is talking about Theresa enjoying Bernard is a whole lot more intriguing knowing what we do now.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anthony Hopkins is killing it b/c for years we wanted to see Hannibal Lecter behind glass again.

Not Lecter on the loose and parading around or Fucking AH as Odin or every other dumb movie where they underutilize his awesomeness.

We got this glass basement and all
7e1ca484ff33986f832a1e73d649e9b8.jpg

Only in Eps7 he's not behind the glass.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I remember someone saying they think Bernard kidnapped his protege girl (whose name I forget).

He was shacking up with the dead corporate woman though at the time. Or at least at her place.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Morphed picture! Now I'm convinced.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users