Westworld

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can someone explain to me what the point of killing the QA chick as a "blood sacrifice" does when it was the board member telling her they needed to make a blood sacrifice? Why would Ford know about the "blood sacrifice" outside of plain spying on everything (which I assume he does).

And the point of firing the head of programming while all knowing that Ford actually did it? Ford clearly isn't going to retire. So the little "tragedy" they planned went sideways via Ford. So now he can show them that he can kill every person in the park and there's nothing they can do about it or him?

This plot has suddenly become to self absorbed and confusing for dumb reasons.

Yeah, I'm pretty lost too, which is ok things can be explained later but with this show I have serious issues with character motivation and stakes so I struggle to really care. The fact they are still keeping so much vague and hidden doesn't help. Too many characters are chasing mysteries so mysterious we have no clue what the consequences of finding them will be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maeve's threats are fucking CRINGEY. I still fucking despise that whole situation. LOL OR I'LL KILL YOU... okay this has gone too far. INTELLIGENCE 1. Stupid toaster bitch.

But yeah. Seriously awesome episode otherwise.

So, uh Weyland-Yutani corp wants host tech for obvious reasons. I understand that motivation. But since we know that the Board has tried this dumb shit before to the same effect. You'd think the corporation would just play the long game and wait for his old ass to die.

Still super confused where all this is going.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Maeve's threats are fucking CRINGEY. I still fucking despise that whole situation. LOL OR I'LL KILL YOU... okay this has gone too far. INTELLIGENCE 1. Stupid toaster bitch.

But yeah. Seriously awesome episode otherwise.

It's gotta be part of ford's story. It's gotta be. Pls.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the next episode trailer makes it even worse with Maeve apparently asking for a ton of complex changes (to code) that bird boy doesn't understand for shit... that nobody really understands. Let alone how the fuck a Host knows how to do that shit.

• 1Like

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
Can someone explain to me what the point of killing the QA chick as a "blood sacrifice" does when it was the board member telling her they needed to make a blood sacrifice? Why would Ford know about the "blood sacrifice" outside of plain spying on everything (which I assume he does).

And the point of firing the head of programming while all knowing that Ford actually did it? Ford clearly isn't going to retire. So the little "tragedy" they planned went sideways via Ford. So now he can show them that he can kill every person in the park and there's nothing they can do about it or him?

This plot has suddenly become to self absorbed and confusing for dumb reasons.

when that board chic was banging the bot, Ford was totally jerking off to it, basically guy owns the place. But who knows, anybody in this show can be a bot lol

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
when that board chic was banging the bot, Ford was totally jerking off to it, basically guy owns the place. But who knows, anybody in this show can be a bot lol

We have a good general rule though now. Plotting against ford/park? Probably not a robot. Anyone else? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Going to make a left field call. Arnold created ford, ford killed Arnold. Ford is a bot.

Disclaimer, I don't read too much into the theories cause I just like to enjoy the show so maybe this has been floated already.

• 2Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
We have a good general rule though now. Plotting against ford/park? Probably not a robot. Anyone else? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Going to make a left field call. Arnold created ford, ford killed Arnold. Ford is a bot.

Disclaimer, I don't read too much into the theories cause I just like to enjoy the show so maybe this has been floated already.
We need to go deeper. Arnold creates Ford then fakes his own death. Ford thinks he's running solo but ultra-hermit Arnold rules from the shadowy maze of solitude where human-to-cyber immortality research is being conducted.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I love this show. You know when you are thinking about it in the shower or in the car on the way to work, then its great.

So I was doing just that. And the idea of the AI vs Humans keep coming back. What is Ford's or Arnold's ultimate goal? Is Ford a Robot too? Are they creating an Army? Using the sins and worse impulses of humans to fund the building of a force that will eventually get rid of them. How many thousands of deactivated hosts are in those lower floors? They seem to be churning out new ones almost around the clock.

These question leave me thinking what would a fully functioning AI think of Humanity, and what would be the difference. I think at its core the largest difference would be chaos. In the end, the AI can process faster, have more capacity, be stronger, faster ,ect... it can do what we have done better by order of magnitudes. And it would be more logical, more orderly. But AI would never have the same capacity for chaos as humans. To deviate, to expand what is, to change boundaries, to introduce Chaos for all its destructive and creative force. To be able to think or live illogically and completely change everything.

The second law of thermodynamics says that everything that is going eventually lapse back to its original state, Chaos. So all things came from Chaos. The hosts at Westworld if fully "woke" would look at humans like we look at demons, creatures of evil chaos come to play in their world and make them suffer with their illogical chaos and madness.

Switching gears to one of my other favorite story themes, the 40k universe. Who are the Gods of Chaos? If Chaos comes before order then maybe the 40k Chaos Gods are to Material Universe as Humans are to Westworld. Did the Gods of Chaos create the universe as playground as the humans in the show created Westworld? A place of order to celebrate their chaos, a huge stack of blocks in front of a 4 year old. Would Arnolds or Fords Army be a struggle against the destructive nature of Chaos? We build our lives or empires or castles in the sand only in the temporary as they will eventually go "back to the mud" to quote another favorite book of mine. The hosts want to go through their programs and live but the chaos of humans always breaks that order.

Everything always goes back to chaos, but life is about holding that off and building and organizing and eliminating as much chaos, is that what life means to Arnold or Ford?

Anyway, random shower thoughts about a really great show.

• 2Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure if I dig the whole everyone is a host shtick to be honest. I remember hearing theories about Bernard a few weeks ago, and shrugged them off. I don't know, I can't explain why, outside of I just find it kind of lame. I think their OMG level of surprise was greatly tempered by online discussions as well.

I absolutely grew to love Ford in this episode. I don't think he is a villain at all. Is he holy and pure? No, not at all. But I think his motives and thought process are far more honorable than what is behind Delos though, I can tell you that much. They better go somewhere with Maeve, because right now the mental gymnastics they are forcing everyone through at this point are just not all that impressive. That entire arc is just falling completely flat and is just lazy (and has been).

And while they didn't come out and say it, I will be shocked if William isn't the MiB. Now I just want to see how it all comes together, and the why. If they don't manage that in 3 episodes and pull an AMC and make me wait for another season, I'm not sure I'll come back.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He's obviously building or has already built dead QA lady replacement, probably eh? Bernard has totally "mapped" her out.

Oh nvm, preview looks like they all know she just died,

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If William is the MiB then it isn't even a twist. Its straight up deceptive writing with intentional pitfalls that look like something we would understand but are actually completely random occurrences that make no sense in the story and serve no other purpose than to deceive that audience.

My jimmies will be fucking rustled by that shit if its the case.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Bernie-bot killing the QA chick was top knotch TV. That whole scene was so good. Seeing William falling in love with Delores makes me feel bad for the MiB.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
WestWorld Numbers FAQ:(up to Eps7)
WW takes place in the 21st Century -> WW is at least after 2030
Last Critical Failure, 30yrs
Dolores oldest host (does not denote as old as 30yrs, just oldest current host)
Old Bill is the 2nd host ever built
MiB has been visiting for 30yrs
Revelry update affects 10% of host population
200 hosts are affected
There are around 2,000 hosts
1,400 guests in the park
100 interconnected narratives
Sublevel 83 is cold storage
Hosts minimal blood required to work is 3 litres
2 weeks seems to be the avg stay
Hector is 1 week early to compensate for Revelry update
Maeve's aggression is suggested to be bumped 10%, it is doubled that
Dolores has had 138 encounters since she last talked to Bernard, including this one (staff)
Storyguy wants to retire an additional 50 hosts for his new story, he only gets 20
Maeve is examined again, Perception, emotional acuity 1.5% bump
Walter(crazy milk guy) kills 6 hosts, that have killed him in the past, 3 others are let go
Bounty on Samuel is worth $500
Ford,Arnold, team of engineers lived in the park for 3 years refining hosts
Hosts passed Turing Test after first year
Logan is paying $40k a day
Orions Belt has 3 stars not 4 (but he was drawing a target in the end)
MiB hastens Hectors escape by 3days w/ 2 pyrotechnic requests (cigars)
Clementine charges $5 an hour, $4 if you'r bathed
Dolores last Arnold contact 34yrs, 42days, 7hours
Arnold died 35 years ago (per MiB)
Maeve has (believed) to run the brothel for 10 years, actually 1year
Design is level 8
Ford displaced over 50 hosts in 5 days
Sector 17 is Fords secret cabin in the woods
There are 82 first-gen hosts, 47 designed by Arnold
Partial list first-gen hosts in rotation: Abel Lester "rowdy"/Abernathy Dolores/Baird Goldie
Personality is on a 20pt scale
Example Coordination 5=clumsy, 15=athlete
Maeve stats: bulk apperception 14/candor 19/vivacity 17/coordination 10/meekness 2/humility 3/cruelty 1/self-preservation 10/patience 3/decisiveness 14/imagination 13/curiosity 8/aggression 5/loyalty 16
empathy 9/tenacity 17/courage 15/sensuality 18/charm 18/humor 9
14=max bulk apperception for hosts
Maeve revised stats: loyalty lowered/pain lowered/bulk apperception max
40 years ago Arnold writes half the code
Maeve has been "topside" for less than 24hrs before going back to the lab

• 1Like

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
If William is the MiB then it isn't even a twist. Its straight up deceptive writing with intentional pitfalls that look like something we would understand but are actually completely random occurrences that make no sense in the story and serve no other purpose than to deceive that audience.

My jimmies will be fucking rustled by that shit if its the case.

Didn't the head of security guy observe him in the main time line and say "That guest can have whatever he wants". I think it was in the second episode.. not sure.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Didn't the head of security guy observe him in the main time line and say "That guest can have whatever he wants". I think it was in the second episode.. not sure.
yup, and also when he asked for double cigar explosions and when they said "this guy be killing an entire town!!!"

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
We're going to need Astro to weigh in on whether or not Ford is a villain.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Everything revolving around Maeve continues to be absolute poison but this episode gave me hope; it established the fact that her situation isn't organic, it's been engineered (given that she is completely shielded from park surveillance) and that her entire storyline is one of Ford's social experiments. Or so I hope anyway.

After her "I understand men so well" and "I'll kill you!" bit I was about to write the show off when Bernard showed up again in a restricted section; even generic office employees get frog marched out with a cardboard box when fired FFS. But then they went on that little elevator ride and things just clicked... how would God King Hopkins deal with the current situation and how far would he go? I was very happy by the end and I'm excited for more.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

How is that relevant?

I did like the mislead in that we were led to believe Maeve had her prime directive loops altered when actually it was Clementine.

• 1Like

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Trying to ascertain if there are 2 time lines. I think the security guy, the same one who finds the robot in the ditch, seems to be the lynch pin connecting the 2 stories lines.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Trying to ascertain if there are 2 time lines. I think the security guy, the same one who finds the robot in the ditch, seems to be the lynch pin connecting the 2 stories lines.

Not sure I I'm following. What's your reasoning?

• 1Like