Westworld

Caliane

So the time the MIB references the major problem that happened at the park 30+years ago implying he was there then. And our knowing that William didn't visit the park until after those events. You still want to go with your MIB=William theory? I may have to change my stance on Logan though. He does have a prior visit(s). But no way in hell does William=MIB.
I am pretty sure the "30 years ago incident" was stated by Bernard. Then later MIB says, he has been coming to the park for 30 years.
There are 2 incidents. The park has been open for 30 years or so. But, PRIOR to the park opening "33-35 years ago", there was a previous event with Dolores and Arnold. and Ford wiped the records of this event from history. Bernard did not know about it.
William and logan ARE the "30 years ago incident".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am pretty sure the "30 years ago incident" was stated by Bernard. Then later MIB says, he has been coming to the park for 30 years.
There are 2 incidents. The park has been open for 30 years or so. But, PRIOR to the park opening "33-35 years ago", there was a previous event with Dolores and Arnold. and Ford wiped the records of this event from history. Bernard did not know about it.

Ford asks Dolores last contact with Arnold
34 years, 42 days, and seven hours ago, “the day Arnold died.”

Bernard quote
“The park hasn’t had a critical failure in over 30 years.”

more than 30? or he means exactly 30?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What you're actually trying to discuss is whether William and Logan's shenanigans is actually important to the park. Not just important to themselves.

The critical failure has to be the death of Arnold/Churchtown massacre. Its an anchor for this entire narrative. How important William and Logan are to it? Questionable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why would a greeter host ever need to get retired? Only the hosts within the storyline get retired.

To keep the front face person new and different. Probably caters to the repeat customers so they are not always having the same experience.

• 1Like

Warflagon

Peasant
few thoughts on why I just can't accept willy as the mIB...

We know that the MIB :

Saved the park (or was it ford he saved? From dolores?)

Has been coming here for 30 years.

Only starting making his own stories one year ago after his wife dies and he sees Mauve behave human (something he has never seen before)

Is a member of the board of delos

Opened up an (one) older host years ago to see how they worked. They were mechanical.

We know that William:

Is engaged to marry the woman in the photo that set off albernathy.

Is a pussy.

Is apparently having an identity crisis or midlife crisis or just lost his shit when he dismembers every host in the middle of the night.

Will be marrying into a wealthy family, who is considering buying into or buying out the park shortly after it opened.

Has fallen head over heels for a robot.

Question : Has william smiled once without dolores in his arms? Not even a smirk or grin that I recall….

Why is the MIB only now in the past year making his own stories if willy made his own 30 years ago with dolores?

I just don’t see (assuming we can believe what the MIB tells us/hosts) how these two things add up to the same person. They seem worlds apart, not only in personality but also in their experiences. William loves dolores and feels like she loves him, how could william be the MIB if he has never seen a bot act so human before muave? It seems love is a more powerful emotion than simple survival/revenge but Mauve is the one that made him see things differently.

Also, if MIB was william, why did he only discover the maze a year ago if (If as william) he has already followed the maze with delores 30 years ago?

I think we are being led to believe william is the mib, but it’s not adding up to me, given what he have been told and seen.

That's my theory and i'm sticking to it. .... untill next week or the next bong hit....

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I would concur and one or the other of william and logan are going to die badly and the survivor likely is the MiB. They pretty much said the MiB saved the park 30 years ago and that is why he has the pull he does to allow him to visit the park often.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's almost like there are 30 years worth of stuff that happened to William that we aren't aware of.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
The MIB referring to himself as a philanthropist is about the farthest thing from William is as I see it. Sounds more like Logan to me.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
few thoughts on why I just can't accept willy as the mIB...

We know that the MIB :

Saved the park (or was it ford he saved? From dolores?)

Has been coming here for 30 years.

Only starting making his own stories one year ago after his wife dies and he sees Mauve behave human (something he has never seen before)

Is a member of the board of delos

Opened up an (one) older host years ago to see how they worked. They were mechanical.

We know that William:

Is engaged to marry the woman in the photo that set off albernathy.

Is a pussy.

Is apparently having an identity crisis or midlife crisis or just lost his shit when he dismembers every host in the middle of the night.

Will be marrying into a wealthy family, who is considering buying into or buying out the park shortly after it opened.

Has fallen head over heels for a robot.

Question : Has william smiled once without dolores in his arms? Not even a smirk or grin that I recall….

I just don’t see (assuming we can believe what the MIB tells us/hosts) how these two things add up to the same person. They seem worlds apart, not only in personality but also in their experiences. William loves dolores and feels like she loves him, how could william be the MIB if he has never seen a bot act so human before muave? It seems love is a more powerful emotion than simple survival/revenge but Mauve is the one that made him see things differently.

Also, if MIB was william, why did he only discover the maze a year ago if (If as william) he has already followed the maze with delores 30 years ago?

I think we are being led to believe william is the mib, but it’s not adding up to me, given what he have been told and seen.

That's my theory and i'm sticking to it. .... untill next week or the next bong hit....
William gutted an entire battallion in the middle of the night, just like MiB said as well.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Who the fuck is Mauve? None of the letters in Maeve are anywhere near "u". Did you watch this show actually thinking they were calling her "Mahv"?

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Westworld itself could just be one giant, story driven distraction incorporated into Futureworld. Ford killing off board members to hold on to his position as the god of his little pocket reality could just be the end-game storyline of that particular part of the larger buffet of leisure.

Perfect, this is what i've been trying to say for a few weeks, but you said it perfectly. It's going to be something like this, with the audience going down the rabbit hole a few diff times over the 5 seasons.

What we're seeing now is a very small piece of reality.

• 1Like

Warflagon

Peasant
Who the fuck is Mauve? None of the letters in Maeve are anywhere near "u". Did you watch this show actually thinking they were calling her "Mahv"?

I also did not capitalize many proper names. Would you like me to come help you untwist those panties?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The MIB referring to himself as a philanthropist is about the farthest thing from William is as I see it. Sounds more like Logan to me.
So you think the narcissistic douche they have hammered the point on being a narcissistic douche seems more philanthropic than the guy they are clearly trying to portray as kind? Are you trolling at this point?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

I also did not capitalize many proper names. Would you like me to come help you untwist those panties?
I understand a typo, you illiterate retard, I'm just trying to understand how this one even happened at all.

• 1Like

Warflagon

Peasant
I understand a typo, you illiterate retard, I'm just trying to understand how this one even happened at all.

Lol, replies with insults, I think i'll do myself a favor and ignore you going forward. I'll give ya a few more posts to prove me right.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Lol, replies with insults, I think i'll do myself a favor and ignore you going forward. I'll give ya a few more posts to prove me right.
That's really cool, but seriously, how'd you'd fuck it up like that?

• 1Like