Westworld

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
DrlzMbKX0AAMOld.jpg:large

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do you know anything about the set of Rome on HBO?

Isn't this how Rome ended? A critical set burned down, and the series was abruptly wrapped as a result (potentially a fire by mafiosis in Italy, who knows there wasn't much detail and this is decades ago)

this was my first thought when i heard about it. well. not the mob burning it down part, but that the show just wrapped up. same with wallace and gromit

velk

Trakanon Raider

Isn't this how Rome ended? A critical set burned down, and the series was abruptly wrapped as a result (potentially a fire by mafiosis in Italy, who knows there wasn't much detail and this is decades ago)

Seems like it shouldn't have any impact, that set was pretty much only used for flashbacks anyway, and they are presumably out of the park for next season.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Seems like it shouldn't have any impact, that set was pretty much only used for flashbacks anyway, and they are presumably out of the park for next season.
Except Westworld is so bad, the flashbacks probably end up as flashforwards after the robits conquer earth.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Seriously? Ah man, if that fucks up the Deadwood film, that will be a travesty.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I watch Amish people in my area build a house in under a week. Can't be that difficult.

• 1Like

Cybsled

It isn't difficult, but it costs $$$$$$. If a show/movie has a limited budget, then that means they have to cut corners elsewhere.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

I thought the same but light-googling yesterday brought up mentions of the fire happening after the decision to cancel was already made.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Westworld pulls in enough money that it'd be worth rebuilding anyway, I think.

They've got enough footage of what the place looked like to create it I'd guess.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I haven't watched Season 2 of Westworld yet, did it suck or something? I really enjoyed the 1st.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I haven't watched Season 2 of Westworld yet, did it suck or something? I really enjoyed the 1st.

It's watchable, but nowhere near as good as the first season. There's a lot of problems with it and the only thing that holds it up at all is the foundation built by the first season, and the excellent production quality.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

Not nearly enough Ed Harris or Anthony Hopkins. It wasn't True Detective season 2 level of bad, but it wasn't very good.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Pretty much h unanimous dislike in this thread from us that discussed it as it was ongoing. If the first season wasn't so good then season two would have been a lot more acceptable, but season 2 basically became a b-movie parody of season 1 and no one was prepared for it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Season 2 was the last one I was going to watch of this show, so no big loss for me.

• 1Like