Westworld

Oldbased

> Than U
So they show the techs killing all the synths in the storage room with a flamethrower, then show the queen of asgard with clitoris/deloris in her head survive an explosion and fire. wut.

View attachment 264166
She went to Home Depot and added 3m Fire block sealant to their organic filament printer to meet or exceed ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115 for 4 hours fireproofing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Delores as Hale had become, against all odds, a very interesting and enjoyable storyline. The concept of the human experience “corrupting” her code and changing her is really cool. So of course they kill her family, turn her into a hate/revenge bot, and make her completely uninteresting.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Delores as Hale had become, against all odds, a very interesting and enjoyable storyline. The concept of the human experience “corrupting” her code and changing her is really cool. So of course they kill her family, turn her into a hate/revenge bot, and make her completely uninteresting.

Exactly. I knew they were going to sabotage themselves, as soon as they got to the cusp of something interesting. As Hale was driving and talking I said, "Tick tick tick" and then the car exploded.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I enjoyed the start of S3 but this shit has turned ugly very quickly. I'll still finish it cause of quarantine and having nothing better to do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Not reading anything in here as I haven't caught up... but is this better than season two? If yes, thumbs up me. If no, thumbs down. Thanks brosephinas.

• 3Like
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's been more consistent/level than season 2, but I think season 2 had better high points. Season 2's low points were real bad though.

At least season 2 and 3 are pretty consistent at showing people emptying their automatic weapons the Stormtrooper way.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Westworld security might be the shittiest the world has ever seen. It's almost monty python type of shit.

• 5Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not reading anything in here as I haven't caught up... but is this better than season two? If yes, thumbs up me. If no, thumbs down. Thanks brosephinas.

It's just my opinion, but the show's general quality went down the drain since season 1. William / Man in Black / Ford storylines are interesting, and some snippets of s2 end this storyline in a slightly decent way. It's kind of contrived, it's not perfect but there's that mysterious cat-and-mouse situation with both Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris which holds good.

But writing wise, comes season 2 it's like they didn't really make any plans beside the original material and then went along with a quite modern, "millenial" character development formula where women are here to get their pride / freedom back and men are just god-wannabe, all-controlling assholes. There's also a lot of lazy TV tropes, characters being blatantly incompetent or plain oblivious to make the plot go forward, making dumb decisions, getting in stupid situations or just having plot armor.

TL;DR it's not better than season 2, it's different because they changed the premises but it's still heavily sclerosed with the same uninspired, generic writing and lazy TV tropes. Also it's not a TV show you're gonna enjoy doing something else because the writing just wants so much being thought challenging and reveal-twisty you're not gonna understand why this character is doing that. Then again, even with an applied, scrutinous viewing you won't get it either because it makes no sense at all anyway.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What I find particularly hilarious is the constant droning of dramatic music during boring scenes.

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This show in a nushell is s3e3 when Delores knocked the random dude out in a public place, drags him around a corner to take his blood, and injected it into Aaron Paul's character...because "the key" was in his blood.

giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So much edge, that must mean its good.

This is what I said earlier, Nihilism is destroying Hollywood. Humanity developed sentient AI, and is close to immortality--slowly becoming gods themselves, but somehow the show is obsessed with how terrible humanity is.

Its this kind of obtuse, ham fisted need to ignore the amazing to focus on this edgy nihilism they want the show to be about that is really hurting it. Because it makes NO SENSE. It would be fine if this was one character, but the whole show is fucking drenched in this shit. There has be some contrast.

• 5Like

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
This was just renewed for season 4.

I was going to tough it out for the last 2 episodes just to see how it ended, but now that end is nowhere in sight. I don't think I've ever stopped watching a show because it was renewed, but I guess we live in crazy times.

• 2Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I was going to tough it out for the last 2 episodes just to see how it ended, but now that end is nowhere in sight. I don't think I've ever stopped watching a show because it was renewed, but I guess we live in crazy times.
I did with Ray Donovan.

• 2Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>

what? I thought for sure this would have been the last season. I don't know 1 person that watches this show.

spronk

FPS noob

i think that mentions the show is supposed to go on for 5 seasons. look i could say i'll stop watching after the season 4 finale this weekend but thats a lie, the show isn't so bad yet that i have to walk away like Family Guy, Under the Dome, Ray Donovan, or the other few shows I stopped watching. I fully expect season 4 to be complete shit though, I wonder what movie or TV star they will bring in.

Bryan Cranston isn't doing much, maybe they'll lure him in with truck loads of money. It could be a Breaking Bad reunion of sorts.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
This show went from Amazing, to slightly above mediocre with a huge letdown, to nearly completely different and very average. Does that mean I'll stop watching it? No. Does it mean I'll tell everyone I know to watch it? Sure won't!

It's like Game of Thrones. So much promise wasted, but if you act like you're not going to see where this shitshow ends up I don't know what to say. Like, maybe one or two of the cooler characters get some cool redemption at some point like William murdering Delores and saying "HUMANS #1, BITCH" or something. Kind of like how Clegane Bowl was ALMOST worth it.

• 1Like

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I liked the premiere fine, but this doesn't even feel like the same show anymore. It's the hardest of hard resets.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So much edge, that must mean its good.

This is what I said earlier, Nihilism is destroying Hollywood. Humanity developed sentient AI, and is close to immortality--slowly becoming gods themselves, but somehow the show is obsessed with how terrible humanity is.

Its this kind of obtuse, ham fisted need to ignore the amazing to focus on this edgy nihilism they want the show to be about that is really hurting it. Because it makes NO SENSE. It would be fine if this was one character, but the whole show is fucking drenched in this shit. There has be some contrast.

The entire premise of west world from the begining was a place where people could go to live out all their rape/murder/orgy fantasies in the old west on things that are near or at sentience so they can act and feel degraded by what you are doing to them. Nihilism was always the point of west world from the base concept of it.

• 1Like