Westworld

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1587982667460.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
So uh...why didn't they just have EMPs at Westworld instead of hundreds of security guards with worse aim than Stormtroopers?

I kind of like the overall idea of this season, but the execution is fucking awful.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, Delores is just going to capture the AI guiding humanity with the pretentious name and use it to go full Skynet I guess?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, Delores is just going to capture the AI guiding humanity with the pretentious name and use it to go full Skynet I guess?

Yeah, apparently if you just walk up to the AI it will tell you everything you need to know to defeat it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Having a lot of time to polish Season 1 and having what felt like half the screentime devoted to Hopkins and Harris helped. That said the Harris stuff this season hasn't been very good.

Writing big scenes for Hopkins probably had a lot to do with that. Because he was nowhere near that much screentime. But the scenes he was in punctuated and capitalized Westworld.

more attention and tuning for an A lister.

He may have put his own script doctors on it to tune it up. A lot of A listers do if they feel the material isn't up to par.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still enjoy the show but it is just so flawed, and the massive drop in quality after season 1 makes it even harder.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
General concept is interesting. There's also plenty of really cool details. Everything else is mostly shit. Having a lot of time to polish Season 1 and having what felt like half the screentime devoted to Hopkins and Harris helped. That said the Harris stuff this season hasn't been very good. It's starting to feel like everything just sort of fell into place for Season 1 and it's all shit since then.

I think this is why I liked this episode, all this stuff with Solomon filling in a bunch of blanks really made for a story I wanted to get more into.

Then Maeve shows up and we're back into the plot that we don't care as much about and wish it was over... that climaxes and then the previews show us we get to redo all that over again. I wonder if next week we'll be saying goodbye to Delores and Maeve a bit more permanently. As Bernard said, Delores has turned the pawn into a king in Caleb, and Maeve can literally be put out to pasture (with her daughter) to be called back at some point next season. With word on a renewal coming relatively late, hopefully we've got a series finale vibe to next week, wrapping up and paying off a lot of plot points.

Stubbs, William and Bernard on a road trip looked like 3 people playing a game together. One goes stomping off for loot, the other following another around and not thinking for themselves trying to actually further the objective (fix the car).

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So uh...why didn't they just have EMPs at Westworld instead of hundreds of security guards with worse aim than Stormtroopers?

Season 3 is an allegory to our civilization fighting the coronavirus, here in Westworld they have the stormtrooper virus and it's quite contagious too:

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
^ LOL what the fuck. Maybe I shouldn't have skipped S2 so I could've gotten some lulz.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The person who does the fight/gun scene coeography needs to be fired.

Just bad. There are other ways to craft a compelling confrontation besides exchanged gunfire that is wildly inaccurate.

The story itself is so convoluted, its hard to understand where motivations end and begin. The Meave daughter meme perfectly sums up the entire season.

• 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well this shit was fucking stupid. Went from this could be kinda cool first episode to this is the most retarded shit ever last episode. Nothing at all makes sense and I mean nothing. I can't believe there will be a season 4.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Season 3 is an allegory to our civilization fighting the coronavirus, here in Westworld they have the stormtrooper virus and it's quite contagious too:

35 shots on camera from asian dude, 2 hits?

How the fuck is that possible.

Like they are 20 feet apart..maybe 30.

fuckin stormtroopers.

spronk

FPS noob
why does this show have such a boner for Marshawn Lynch lol

yeah this was mostly stupid as hell, little made sense, the entire season was basically pointless and Rehoboam was executed so badly.

Its a bummer, I really liked some of the concepts of the finale like what would a world look like run by a governing AI, how would humans react if they were told what their future will be, what is a world like where you have immortality via grown clones, how would people live in a post-scarcity world thats not Star Trek, how would people interact with robot clones from 40 years in the past, etc. This show has so far executed on NONE of that very well, just brought up the ideas and immediately fumbled on organically making stories from them.

In theory a season 4 revolving around the story of "AIs decide to exterminate humanity via pod peopling them" thats not a bad central tenet, but season 3's core idea was "what if an AI ran the world" and it was written miserably so I can't imagine season 4 will be done any better. I'll still watch, the budgets and visuals are great and now at least fucking Dolores is gone but the writing, acting, action choreography, dialogue, etc is all just so bad.

The scene with Bernard and his ex-wife was fantastic but it had literally nothing to do with any part of the story. Its probably the only scene this entire season though that was of the calibre of season 1.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I can't believe how much stupid they crammed into a single episode. I've been pretty forgiving, but wow.

So many interesting or neat ideas ruined or discarded for this plot that nobody really cares about.

With a couple exceptions it felt like they went out of their way to not end anyone else's journey except Delores - but even she's still got copies and is the root of everything, so even she's not gone.

Who knew, a police flyer full of weapons is even less secure than the super computer. Good thing that cop only had 1 bullet in his gun I guess.