What are you listening to at the moment?

50 years ago today.

I often wonder if Hendrix even realized how many "tricks" he had, how deep his range of chops were. I like to imagine him him being puzzled that everyone didn't play the instrument like he did. He is the Charlie Parker of the electric guitar. Just simply a pioneer, once in a lifetime, once in a generation, of his instrument of choice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I often wonder if Hendrix even realized how many "tricks" he had, how deep his range of chops were. I like to imagine him him being puzzled that everyone didn't play the instrument like he did. He is the Charlie Parker of the electric guitar. Just simply a pioneer, once in a lifetime, once in a generation, of his instrument of choice.

Natural talent plus a shitload of LSD.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

When I watched that I learned what group opened up for him. It was a real shocker. Of all the bands/groups at woodstock.

ShaNaNa

• 1Worf
now you guys have done it. We are deep into "no shit sherlock" territory here, but isn't part of the sign of great music is that people keep remembering it? The earlier Hendrix post eventually made me remember this. If we ever do further Voyagers, this should somehow be encoded on to the Disc. Aww god lawdy now///

I gotta get my fred and wilma lord

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It is what you remember. Woodstock was too long ago for me. But when someone says Joe Cocker I instlaly remember this. When I was very young I watched SNL every Saturday night even as a 6 year old. It was quite entertaining. They had some really great acts on music wise. I'm not sure about now as I haven't watched it in years. Now that you posted that and I looked it up. I spent an hour looking at SNL music acts....Of course on the playlist "Best SNL music performences" I never heard of 95% of them cause I'm old.

I know the Dead are an acquired taste, but if you at all appreciate some classic jams, plus you watched lots of old TV, this vid is amazing. Niche market!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm still listening to the Fruit Bats "Absolute Loser" album from 2016 constantly, and I was listening to it the day it released. It has a lot of recognizable influence and is just simple songwriting married with simple, good melody.