What are you listening to at the moment?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I need to start posting more actively in this thread. I'm sure some of you know about this collaboration, but Sean Lennon is not riding his father's coattails. He's pretty damn legit. Obviously helps having Les Claypool as your bass player.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Listened to half the new Sturgill Simpson album on the ride into work this morning. Album opens with 3-4 minutes of blues rock guitar with a hard cut into song 2. Good Blues rock album so far, I like it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I need to start posting more actively in this thread. I'm sure some of you know about this collaboration, but Sean Lennon is not riding his father's coattails. He's pretty damn legit. Obviously helps having Les Claypool as your bass player.

I went to their show a while back when they came through KC. They weren't bad at all, though it really wasn't my cup of tea.

The opener, Uni, I'd never heard of before. Musically they were fine, but I wasn't sure if the lead singer was just flamboyantly gay, a 6'4" crossdresser in platform boots, or what exactly. No hate...buddy and I just exchange a few glances, shrugged, and rolled with it.

There was a noticeable number of people high as fuck at that show, LOL. I only saw one guy get booted after he kept screaming something (fuck you?) at the stage. Les and Lennon tried shutting him down verbally once or twice, then later he just got trainwrecked by security. Was like 5-6 guys rushing him out with enough force that his feet didn't even touch the ground.

Highlight of the show for me was the really long version of Southbound Pachyderm to close things out. That might have been the only Primus tune they played all night, and people sounded kind of antsy before the encore.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blind Guardian (power metal gods) are making an all orchestral album - no drums, guitars, synths etc. They've been planning this for like 20 years. Not really sure what type of music you'd classify it as, I still consider it metal so maybe just orchestral power metal? There's 2 songs out so far and they both sound really epic to me, it might end up there with their best album Nightfall in Middle-Earth. Their songs and albums always have great story elements on top of their excellent musicianship, which is what makes them the #1 power metal band of all time, and my favorite band of all time. Can't stop listening to these 2 songs they've teased so far.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Listened to half the new Sturgill Simpson album on the ride into work this morning. Album opens with 3-4 minutes of blues rock guitar with a hard cut into song 2. Good Blues rock album so far, I like it.

This is some good shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user