What are you listening to at the moment?

FaxPiss_sl

shitlord
does anyone else ever click on someone else's music in this thread?
I discovered Aesop Rock, Graveyard Train, Matt Andersen and some bluegrass group I can't remember the name of by lurking this thread on the old forum. It's also the place I first heard Of Monsters and Men, Gotye, Lana Del Rey and some others that became so popular that I would I have heard them anyway.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I discovered Aesop Rock, Graveyard Train, Matt Andersen and some bluegrass group I can't remember the name of by lurking this thread on the old forum. It's also the place I first heard Of Monsters and Men, Gotye, Lana Del Rey and some others that became so popular that I would I have heard them anyway.

Graveyard Train really is amazing

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Can't this go past the first page without the most legendary rock band in history.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've been listening a lot to this new chillwave 80s movement stuff. I love it. I saw these guys this past Saturday in Brooklyn and they were awesome live:

Orcus_sl

shitlord
Like that song Khane. I hear a lot of the good parts of 80s pop in there.

Another modern artist whose music hearkens back to the 80s:

Khane

I've also been listening to King Tuff a lot. Really like this album:

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Phantogram never gets old. (Okay, how the fuck do you embed Youtube videos here?)

Khane

Love me some Phantogram.

Also, just wrap the video link in the video tag with the brackets around it to embed (There's an "insert video" button as well)

Dom_sl

shitlord
This isn't a song, but I've been usinghttp://www.rainymood.com/lately. Simple website that loops rain/light thunder in the background. It's excellent when paired up with chill music. I highly recommend it if you find rain to have a relaxing effect.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeasayer - 2080
That lead singer's stage presence reminds me a lot of David Byrne.

And, Julian, I'm with you on Blind Melon. I didn't start listening to them until about a year ago. Great band.