What are you listening to at the moment?

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy this sub because it brings up new and older songs that remind me to go back and listen to...

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I enjoy this sub because it brings up new and older songs that remind me to go back and listen to...
my problem is the radio and MTV killed most of the big big hits of my childhood by playing them every 5 minutes. its sad because those are truly great songs, i just cant listen to them anymore. so i find the more obscure hits i grew up with. Freestyle music was actually my sister's jam while i was a huge metalhead digging Slayer , Metallica, Ozzy and Iron Maiden among other obscure metal bands. but i had to let her play her music sometimes. so we had an agreement. she plays her freestyle music all week whenever she wanted, but i got metal on Fridays. i didnt care because i had my boombox/walkman and played metal songs outside all the time, but Friday was my day so i cranked it up on our stereo.
so I'm a metalhead who grew up on NYC dance music.

the dance party is still going!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbiter

Pelvic Sorcerer
<Silver Donator>
mixture of Industrial, electronic, and techno, with a bit of grunge,...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
So... back in the 60s recording was expensive and because every minute counted... you kind of wanted to have the best musicians to record your songs.
A group of professional musicians back then called The Wrecking Crew ended up recording a lot of songs in many famous albums from back then.
Including Good Vibrations from the Beach Boys. Here is Brian Wilson ordering them around in the recording sessions for Good Vibrations:

If you are curious about the Wrecking Crew themselves and have some time to spare:

Its a doc created by the son of one of the musicians from the Wrecking Crew, I believe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user