What are you listening to at the moment?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, obviously the biggest part of this is Chris Cornell's voice, but fuck me if that guitar solo section doesn't just give me chills every single time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure what made this come up on my recommended videos, but holy shit, 311 is not only still together, not only still touring, but it's the same band members for almost 35 years.

It is a bit funny listening to some mid-50's guy singing about making out in the hallway or how "whack" the Real World is.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Not sure what made this come up on my recommended videos, but holy shit, 311 is not only still together, not only still touring, but it's the same band members for almost 35 years.

It is a bit funny listening to some mid-50's guy singing about making out in the hallway or how "whack" the Real World is.

I spent two minutes skipping through that.

It 50/50 makes me cringe, and at the same time respect them for still going.

I was in high school when “Down” came out and I remember it coming out well. Lots of MTV play, radio, friends playing it. They come off as a bit corny to me and always have, but not as bad as say, god forbid, Limp Bizkit or Creed or the like.

They ride a thin line between being kinda awful and at the same time appreciating what it was 30 years ago - which is scary to say.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I spent two minutes skipping through that.

It 50/50 makes me cringe, and at the same time respect them for still going.

I was in high school when “Down” came out and I remember it coming out well. Lots of MTV play, radio, friends playing it. They come off as a bit corny to me and always have, but not as bad as say, god forbid, Limp Bizkit or Creed or the like.

They ride a thin line between being kinda awful and at the same time appreciating what it was 30 years ago - which is scary to say.
I had a bit of a 311 phase in HS. As borderline cringe/cheese as they can be sometimes, They’re great musicians and can pretty much recognize any of their songs within 2 seconds. And like you said, have to respect the longevity

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
They had a popular album with a couple hits on it. If they are still making a living off of it 30 years later I will tip my hat to them.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage

WhooooOOOaa

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There are a lot of American musicians from a bygone era that never got their due. I love this abandoned style of music.