What are you listening to at the moment?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not really a metal guy, but I came across Sleep Token the other day as I'm getting more into this whole drumming thing. The first part of this song seems like standard metal-fare, but there's something about the last minute and a half that just fucking slaps for some reason.

I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but it's absolutely captivating. It's not quite jazz. It's kind of half-time. I don't fucking know. I'll probably add it (not the entire song, as it's way too hard) to my "learn to drum" list.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This band confounds me. Got lost in a hole of them today. Apologies to anyone already familiar (it's always annoying when someone discovers a band you've been listening to forever).

It's like they just said "fuck genres" and make great music. Like, how is this the same band?

Also, if you like Tool and haven't listened to them, holy shit, do so. Vessel's an insane vocalist, and sounds a lot like Maynard. And II could give Danny a run for his money, which is saying a lot since he's generally considered one of the top 5 drummers of all time.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This band confounds me. Got lost in a hole of them today. Apologies to anyone already familiar (it's always annoying when someone discovers a band you've been listening to forever).

It's like they just said "fuck genres" and make great music. Like, how is this the same band?

Also, if you like Tool and haven't listened to them, holy shit, do so. Vessel's an insane vocalist, and sounds a lot like Maynard. And II could give Danny a run for his money, which is saying a lot since he's generally considered one of the top 5 drummers of all time.

I haven’t listened to much Sleep Token as it hasn’t really grabbed me, their drummer is no slouch by any means. But to put him up with Carey…….

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
I haven’t listened to much Sleep Token as it hasn’t really grabbed me, their drummer is no slouch by any means. But to put him up with Carey…….
I don't get the Tool comparisons either, but I'm no expert. To me, Tool's subject matter seems much darker. A buddy introduced me to them way back in the "Prison Sex" days. We saw them in Calgary and Maynard is one strange little fucker.

It was Sleep Token's vocals that initially attracted me to them. They were one of those random recommends from another video and I spent hours going through everything they had on YouTube. They seem to be one of those bands people either love or hate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New Caligulas Horse single easily a top 5 song from them. I can't wait for the album at the end of the month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

The world has always been weird.

Beavis And Butthead Yes GIF by Paramount+