What are you listening to at the moment?

Ryanz

<Banned>
I know it has probably been posted already.... But really digging this band right now. Didn't think I could find good music like this on the radio o_0

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I know it has probably been posted already.... But really digging this band right now. Didn't think I could find good music like this on the radio o_0
I realize this really isn't a discussion thread, but I just watched that first video, and ... well, I just don't 'get it'.

No one in this video showed musical ability higher than someone at the 10th grade level. Pick your own grade, it doesn't matter. Are they only rudimentary players, or are they holding something back? This bugs me, much like scream bands that throw out 3 or 4 major chords in rotation while yelling. I think actual musicianship is taking a beating and it makes me sad in the pants.

I also realize that pop music has been Pablum for the masses for decades, it just seems to be degenerating more lately.

/old man rant

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I realize this really isn't a discussion thread, but I just watched that first video, and ... well, I just don't 'get it'.

No one in this video showed musical ability higher than someone at the 10th grade level. Pick your own grade, it doesn't matter. Are they only rudimentary players, or are they holding something back? This bugs me, much like scream bands that throw out 3 or 4 major chords in rotation while yelling. I think actual musicianship is taking a beating and it makes me sad in the pants.

I also realize that pop music has been Pablum for the masses for decades, it just seems to be degenerating more lately.

/old man rant
It's pure hipster music. If your beer of choice isn't PBR and if you don't wear wool stocking caps in the dead of summer you wouldn't understand.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Been a fan of these ladies for about five years. They still blow me away when I see them live. Can't wait to catch the show in Aspen

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
I can't believe I didn't discover these guys until about 6 months ago. Freaking incredible music! They have instrumental versions of both Crack the Skye and The Hunter that are just as good!

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Traveled 600 miles to see them in Aspen, and got a real intimate show. Maybe 50-60 people

Bonus