What are you playing?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Fairly health diet of
1) Game or two of casual fun smite with the wife most nights and occasional weekend bing

2) Last Epoch

3) Smite (Ranked) when wife is a sleep and I don't want to farm more gear on LE!

4) Bravert Default 2...haven't actually played for 3 weeks but keep the 3 hour exploration missions running whenever around comp so when I finally sit down ans get past 25% progress I'll have many orbs to max jobs lol

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Waiting patiently for Ashes of Creation in 2-3 years so just passing time! Got the $500 alpha 2 accesses but not sure when that will start.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been playing Phoenix Point off and on for a bit now that my Demons Souls remaster play is over. Thinking about picking up either Chorvus or MW5 as an action game to play on my PS5 setup. But mostly grinding New World with the wife.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing the first Jurassic World Evolution a fair amount recently. The campaign is at least enjoyable

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Kena: Bridge of Spirits. It's a shorter game (and the price tag reflects that, happily), but I'm enjoying it. Surprisingly difficult combat too; wasn't expecting that from a game with this sort of Disney aesthetic.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Kena: Bridge of Spirits. It's a shorter game (and the price tag reflects that, happily), but I'm enjoying it. Surprisingly difficult combat too; wasn't expecting that from a game with this sort of Disney aesthetic.
Can't really remember why but I just stopped about 3/4 through it.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Sekiro. Terror can go die in a fire as a game mechanic. Also, firecrackers sometimes doing the thing they are supposed to and other times not. Everything else has been good.

nazon

Molten Core Raider
P99 Blue, FF14 Endwalker, and Holdfast: Nations at War. Feeling a bit burned out so I may branch out and play some of my Steam back log.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been playing the first Jurassic World Evolution a fair amount recently. The campaign is at least enjoyable
Hearing not so great things about the 2nd one. My son plays this one and loves to show me his island and how much money he's making. The competitor in me wants to keep playing this so I can beat his islands. Lol

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Hearing not so great things about the 2nd one. My son plays this one and loves to show me his island and how much money he's making. The competitor in me wants to keep playing this so I can beat his islands. Lol
It's honestly been pretty enjoyable. It's definitely not difficult, but there is generally enough going on that you have to focus on things. The first 4 islands I basically got to $100 mill cash sitting there before moving on, going to do the 5th island today. I've got 25 hours in the game in 4 sessions, which is kind of crazy for me.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Cyberpunk 2077 and it's a cluttered unrefined mess. Reminds me of Dragon Age 2 and ME: Andromeda, except it doesn't suck, and it just feels like it needed more refinement and polishing. The driving is some of the worst I have experienced in years, the aiming of guns feels off, and generally everything, from the ui, gameplay, world design (though I recognize this one is by design), and character progression is a cluttered mess. Not a bad game, might even be an alright game, but you can see where the greatness could have been and that, in a way, only adds to the disappointment.

Like I said, it's not a bad game but there is just too many annoyances for me to consider it a good game. It's not unfun, which is nice, but isn't exactly fun either. Another case of "all that could have been" but once again... it's not a bad game, just not a good one. It's a'ight.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The Ascent.

All the immediate feedback on release turned me off otherwise would have played it back then. Really awesome atmosphere. Everything feels hand crafted, dirty-cluttered-appropriately-sci-fi- megagolobohomo-corporate-dystopian, over the top violence with exploding so it feels comical and not torture or cruel.

Not too far in maybe, the new yCorp has taken over, level 17 character. Quests are about what I’d expect but with all the lore and encyclopedia entries they give it it feels fleshed out. Voice acting is hit or miss but fine.

Complaints are tired mainly to the cyber deck / hacking and the map. I think they did themselves a bit of a disservice on both that could have been fixed with a little play testing and feedback. Apparently the chest and door having was even worse on release so now it is not game breaking. But the system sucks. It feels like punishment to go out of your way or fight through higher level mobs only to find an ICE-2 chest / door you can’t open. It disincentives exploring and punching up. The deck upgrades at least seem to be mostly on path for quests, but with such a cool world and fun combat I just wanna go pew pew and loot. They should have tweaked this a bit. But it kind of ties in to complaint two…

Mapping. Lack of custom waypoints is a bummer, exactly for those chests / doors you can’t hack. Figuring out if a location is on your level or higher / below is frustrating, or identifying platforms and stairs is difficult to not possible. Maybe they were thinking a confusing map would force more exploration, but see point 1 when it feels worthless to explore. It is useable but distracts more than it helps.

Hope it isn’t too short though, having a good time. No clue about multiplayer. Just doing Machine Guns and focusing on Crit Rate, Aim, Reload. Also, playing with KB/M just because GamePass and DS4 windows weren't playing well together and couldn't get the DS4 to work in any configuration. May force me to Best Buy to pickup an Xbox controller since Amazon seems to not carry many?

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Been playing Ascent with my son a little bit, but it never really stuck. Still have it on my list to eventually beat the story though.

I think it's a pretty common issue where you take a break from a game and then you come back to it and have no idea about the controls or anything else that's going on and so you get frustrated or you spend a couple of hours getting back into it. This happens to me all the time because I jump around games so much. So frustrating but I can't stop it from happening.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played and beat Uncharted 4 as my first post Elden Ring game. Haven’t played since the 1st one on PS3, or maybe that was the 2nd game I can’t remember. But it was fun and quick which is what I needed after Elden ring.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoying this game right now, a shmup (Shoot'Em Up) with some modern mechanics and quality of life. I should have played the Anniversary edition before I played Reloaded, I got them mixed up when I started playing.

Fully recommend Reloaded. Anniversary's visuals are aged and have that muddy'ish ps3/xbox3 look but is still a solid game though I only played it for an hour or two before going back to Reloaded which had I spend a couple days on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Played and beat Uncharted 4 as my first post Elden Ring game. Haven’t played since the 1st one on PS3, or maybe that was the 2nd game I can’t remember. But it was fun and quick which is what I needed after Elden ring.

I've had a lot of trouble getting into anything in the Post Elden Ring Era, but I managed to knock a couple more things off.

Uncharted 4 is what I'm working on now, as well as Memories of Celceta (Ys 4 remake). They're both short (10-15) but it's taking me a while to get through them.

Next up after those is Live A Live on the Switch, a game that I actually emulated back in 2000 or so, and I'm pretty excited for that one.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've had a lot of trouble getting into anything in the Post Elden Ring Era, but I managed to knock a couple more things off.

Uncharted 4 is what I'm working on now, as well as Memories of Celceta (Ys 4 remake). They're both short (10-15) but it's taking me a while to get through them.

Next up after those is Live A Live on the Switch, a game that I actually emulated back in 2000 or so, and I'm pretty excited for that one.
Im not sure what it is, cause I dont think its dependent upon the game sucking or being excellent - but when I get done with highly tense games that are really good (Im a DMC, Bayonetta, Elden Ring etc. kind of fan) - Zelda or adventure Metroid games break me out of that trance where nothing is really exciting me. Im pretty sure its some kind of dopamine high or similar that you have to wing yourself off of.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
reached 5.4 in FF14 today.
Also started Bobs and Angels in Factorio. Wanted to add SE as well but there's apparently some compatibility issues. My goal is to complete as many of the major overhaul mods before expansion comes out. Most likely not Py (due to time) but I want to at least give a SeaBlock a try after BA

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Raft, WoW Classic, and a lot of little filler games, like Tower Tactics. I love this deck, most of those towers were spawned and placed randomly.

1659214233086.png