What are you playing?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
EQ a couple times a week. Other than that, hoo boy. I'm accumulating quite a backlog of things I want to check out at this point. I just finished a Platinum Crusade of sorts where I went back and platinumed God of War 1, 2, 3, Chains of Olympus HD, Ghost of Sparta HD, and Ascension. Then I went back and platinumed FF7 Remake, the entire Bioshock trilogy, and Fallout 4 (though FO4 ended up at a mere 90% because I didn't finish all of the DLCs...200 hours in and it turned into busywork with no end in sight and I just couldn't be arsed to waste another 50 hours on it).

All of that took me....roughly August through the end of the year. Not sure how I feel about eating up 5 months platinuming a bunch of games that I already beat in the past. It seemed like a fun idea and it WAS fun up until the last few (Bioshock Infinite and Fallout 4 mainly) where I just got burned out and wished I'd cleared out some of the newer games I haven't played at all, instead.

Right now I'm working on Cyberpunk and Fenyx Rising, and after those, Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I'm also going to try to play Ys 7 and 8 before 9 comes out. Been wanting to get into Nioh for years so I'm going to be all over the Nioh 1+2 collection on PS5 in February as well.

Other than those newer games, on the retro front I'm trying to finish a number of old games that I just "left hanging". Breath of Fire 4 I got about 75% of the way through and got lost and I've been trying to resume it to finish it. Similar situation with the Lego Star Wars series, where I finished the first six episodes and got about halfway through the last one and have been trying to get that done. Like BoF4, I seem to lose interest pretty quickly unfortunately. I've also got Deus Ex: Human Revolution on deck for after Cyberpunk, Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (the only retro Zelda I have left to play), and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

So yeah, whew, that's a lot. Right now my main plans are Ys IX, then Nioh 1 and 2 and Farcry 6 in February. I'll try to finish as many of my other outstanding games in the next 3 weeks as I can, but most likely I'll only get to a fraction of the above. Yeah, I'd probably be pretty caught up if I hadn't done that five-month platinum-fest. Oh well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
playing They Are Billions and getting my ass kicked. You are NOT supposed to learn this game with the campaign mode.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Ghost of Tsushima - peasants need help and I’m a sucker for murdering mongols.
Minecraft Dungeons with the kids.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Fenyx Rising solo and Division 2 and Ghost Recon:Breakpoint with friends.

How is Div 2 lately? I don't think I want to go back to that grind, but I'm always interesting in seeing what they have done to try to unfuck the itemization.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is Div 2 lately? I don't think I want to go back to that grind, but I'm always interesting in seeing what they have done to try to unfuck the itemization.
I played when it first came out, got to level 30 and finished the campaign then quit. The expansion was $9 so I bought it and have been playing through it. If you like the Division there is probably worse ways to spend $10 for 10 hours of entertainment, but I can't speak to the end game stuff yet.

You may have finished the expansion already but that's my hot take on the game.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Me and my friends don’t grind. We just do the seasonal stuff. We play about twice a week mostly just so we have fun together. We literally can spend 10 minutes just chatting and not killing anything so I don’t think I’m qualified to judge the endgame. :)

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Haha nice.

I finished the expansion and didn't feel the need to pick it back up again after that. It probably also didn't help that I didn't have my usual bros on to play either. That's what it all ultimately comes down to--who I am regularly playing with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Just wrapped up Gears 3 again with some friends. Still amazing.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I cut back on my WoW playing time drastically to enjoy the bajillion other games I've sat on forever.

I banged out The Surge 2, Remnant: From the Ashes, Moonlighter, Omensight, Hades, Mummy: Demastered, Chasm, Unworthy, Blasphemous, After Death, and tried a few I didn't bother sticking with.

I have to admit, despite their kind of oddball nature - Unworthy, Blasphemous, and After Death were pretty good Metroidvanias. After Death and Blasphemous especially. AD was more fun, Blasphemous' story and voice-overs are pretty wild.

Just finished Omensight, so going back on the prowl for the next game from my library.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I need someone to play couch co-op with at all. All of my friends have become COVID recluses who don't want to go to anyone's houses or vice versa. Then again I also live in one of those northern utopias where people dutifully pass in like an eight-foot semicircle around you on the sidewalk, so none of this is very surprising.

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Hades:

I just summoned Meg to help with Lernie and she said, "Hail, Hydra!".

I am fucking terrible with the shield, fucking get wrecked making stupid mistakes... my fastest clear is also with a shield; (24 1/2 minutes)

200.gif

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nier Automata... just finished my first playthrough, need to beat it twice more for the true ending?
Need some suggestions as to what to play next! Might go back to Hades but not sure, put about 60 hours into it over a two week period and kind of burned myself out back in the late summer/fall...

Tide27

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last Epoch - Great aRPG in the same viens as Diablo and PoE, however I like it more.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Started playing BG1. Left the starting area and immediately died to a wolf. I have no idea how to play CRPGs. Gonna be a wild ride.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users