What are you playing?

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Finished Nioh 2 on PC. This game is way underrated and shits on every Souls game in every god damn aspect.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Played a bunch of games recently, so figured I'd lay them out.

Catmaze - despite its cutesy-looking design, I found it to be a really solid and enjoyable Metroidvania. I actually 100%'d this one, which is something I don't do often.

Trine 3 & 4 - 3 wasn't bad but definitely awkward, short though. 4 was great and felt quite long, the puzzles and graphics were pretty awesome. I actually used some funky moves on a few solutions, but overall I can't recall being frustrated with the game.

A Robot Named Fight - very Metroid-ish looking, however awkward to play. I then found out after running around aimlessly and not having a clue what to do, that I had forgotten it was a roguelike, so when I died I lost everything. I just said "fuck it" and maybe I'll try it again some other time.

Aggelos - despite its retro graphic look, it was a decent Metroidvania. I did find some parts of it frustrating though. A few of the boss fights just felt like I couldn't find a rhythm and was having to brute force it. I don't like that lack of finesse with platforming.

Blaster Master Zero - plays just like the original and is considered a remake of sorts. It had more content and has some story-based elements. I felt like they fine-tuned some issues I had with the first, and some of the new stuff was pretty cool. They actually give you a "gun guard", which is a regenerating 1-hit shield that allows you to keep your gun's power level as long as you don't take another hit while the shield is down. Great feature.

Blaster Master Zero 2 - dropped it quick. The gameplay was frustrating and not very Blaster Master like the first one. They actually give you the hover module and a wall-jumping module early on, then make a lot of tank-related areas dependent on them. They work against each other and just make play the game a real pain in the ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just started Jedi Fallen Order. Absolutely loved the introduction to the game. It feels like a solid Star Wars movie so far. I'm sure it's not very in depth and isn't much of an "RPG" but as a Star Wars, Uncharted-like adventure it seems solid.

• 2Like

francisbaud

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nothing at the moment, the games I've played previously : League of Legends (mostly support or mid, I totally suck at ADC or jungle), Agar.io (simple but relaxing), Crowfall and Camelot Unchained rarely.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Bloons TD 6, almost done with it after 120 hours. Not much more to see or experiment with.

Sekiro, haven’t played it since launch week but going back I seem to have still retained my deflection skills almost beat the first boss you are supposed to lose to.

Little Nightmares 2, creepy game it is almost as good as Inside just falling short in all ways. Still a great game though.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finished Cyberpunk. Mainly playing Legends of Runeterra and Guildwars 2(Until Alpha Phase 2 for Ashes of Creation releases.)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Forgot to mention a couple others in last post:

Supraland - this game is pretty cool, kind of like a Portal-RPG (best way I can describe it). There were some head-scratching moments, but overall it was a pretty good adventure.

Regions of Ruin - surprisingly good 2d pixel...action/adventure with town building? I supposed that's how I can best describe it. Really addictive, I lost track of time while playing it.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Hyrule Warriors : Age of Calamity. I'd played the first Hyrule Warriors game on Wii U, was my first attempt at the Warriors gameplay and it was decent I guess but I didn't really like how the story felt disconnected from the Zelda lore, centered around a character never seen in the Zelda games... Age of Calamity though.. man, what an upgrade. The graphics look just like Breath of the Wild and I really liked that art style, the gameplay has been very much refined, you can have tons of fun with combos and unlocking upgraded moves without fear of weapons breaking (they don't break at all in the game and you can upgrade them by fusing weapons together to get better stats), you have tons of characters and the story is damn fucking good.. I mean, I expected it would be basically a little flashback to explain the backstory of Breath of the Wild before Link awakens from stasis, but it's MUCH more than that, and I honestly can't imagine how they'll handle that in BoTW2 for people that haven't played HW:AoC.. I really recommend it. Only downside I could see for some people is the gameplay is repetitive but I'm having so much fun with it that I don't mind the repetition at all.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been doing a replay of the Souls games, out of boredom and a lack of new things I like. Cheesed DS2 to get Moonlight Greatsword in DS2 and wound up steamrolling everything in that game fairly fast. Currently in DS1, getting chain fucked by griefer twinks outside the Ornstein and Smogh fight before giving up to return to farm humanity. I don't think I will replay DS3 again, since I have done it a bunch and something I actually am interested should come out by the time I finish DS1 again.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Dragon Quest XI S (gamepass) - like 100 fucking hours in over 6 months, this game never ends. still enjoying it
Ghost of Tsushima PS5 - really enjoying it, pretty generic/tropey but absolutely gorgeous and running at 60 fps with near instant load times is awesome

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Legends of Runeterra whenever I have a little time.

Started Godfall solo a few days ago, enjoying the game so far, just level 13 or so. Game looks gorgeous on PS5 and load times are like less than 5 seconds which really cool.

I still play Division 2 and Ghost Recon:Breakpoint twice a week with friends.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Right now Im playing Pillars of Eternity then have Pillars of Eternity2 in the queue, dont know how I missed these, but def good RPG action. Not in love with their combat systems and renaming and redoing all the stats like every other RPG ever did, but its still top tier.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Been doing a replay of the Souls games, out of boredom and a lack of new things I like. Cheesed DS2 to get Moonlight Greatsword in DS2 and wound up steamrolling everything in that game fairly fast. Currently in DS1, getting chain fucked by griefer twinks outside the Ornstein and Smogh fight before giving up to return to farm humanity. I don't think I will replay DS3 again, since I have done it a bunch and something I actually am interested should come out by the time I finish DS1 again.
There's dank mods for ds3 and the others I'm sure

Randin

Trakanon Raider
After loving Control when I played it, I decided it was time to circle back and check out Alan Wake. Still early in the game, but so far the gameplay is functional, but nothing special, but the tone is great, and what I've seen of the story so far is good. Also love that they got themselves a goddamn product placement deal with Energizer for the flashlight batteries.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Diablo 3. I didn't think I would really be able to get back into it but it's actually really fun now (vs how it was at release).

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Nioh 2 on PC. On NG++++ now. Each NG actually feels like new content (which at NG++++ there is new endgame content).

Not sure how I avoided Nioh 1 completely and Nioh 2 until PC release because I love APRGs, but the Dark Souls/ARPG baby that is Nioh is amazing fun. 175+ hours currently.