What book would you like to see adapted to Movies or TV?

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
With today's technology, I'd really like to see the Amber series by Roger Zelazny turned
into a TV series just because there's SO MUCH you can do with that world.

Also, my favorite werewolf book: The Wolf's Hour by Robert R. McCammon.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1661254469539.png

1661254682490.jpeg

The quran. In the cartoon animted style of dungeons and dragons, but as the Renault car manufacturer commercial remake, see above.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
A song of Ice and Fire by R.R. Martin.

• 4Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Nothing. There is no book that I enjoy that I want ruined by faggots.

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am actually reading Lord of Light right now but its kind of boring the fuck out of me. It gets high praise so I assume it gets good but meh.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'd love to see Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series turned into a series. I know they did a couple, but they need to do it better and do them all.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m with Wormie, nothing. The lotr original trilogy is the only thing I can think of that was enjoyable from start to finish, and it wasn’t all the faithful to the books. We all know how GoT ended up, even though it started strong and should’ve been a slam dunk. The track record of them making good book to film adaptations is abysmal, and now that they cast based on skin color and sex rather than talent, it’s even worse.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson
We’ve discussed this before the Malazan thread, but I think it would have to be done in anime. There’s just too much going on for this to be live action. But man I’d love to see it on screen. Currently on my fifth or sixth reread.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah seeing Anomander Rake as a tranny, with Dragnipur being a massive black dildo, would be amazing.

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I can think of more books that I'd like to see as games. Being able to go hands-on with just about any of Sanderson's magic systems in a video game would be great.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
old man's war
Ten or so years ago I would have agreed with you. Now that John Scalzi is a massive faggot, I sincerely doubt a screen adaptation would be anywhere near what I want to see.

la-1492652028-s6jcqnktj4-snap-image.jpg

To contribute to this thread, I'd love to see Elric done properly. It wouldn't be though, because it would have to be really fucked up and no one takes those kinds of risks anymore. Same with The Black Company, which had the rights bought by FoH's very own Eliza Dushku a few years ago, probably to languish forever in limbo. And while I like her well enough, she's NOT The Lady in my mind, no way no how.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Easily The Cradle series.

Gratitude.

SHOULD have been The Wheel of Time.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Not so much a direct translation from book to movie or tv but I would love a MST3K style show hosted by the AI Skippy (voiced by RC Bray of course) from the Expeditionary Force series.
It'd be all shit tier B-movies/tv shows from the 80s with commentary or dubbed dialogue. Movie nights with Skippy sound goddn hilarious in the books.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’d vote for Malazan too but also believe it’s be screwed beyond belief.

Cradle would be fun but maybe too risky to end up very Young Adult.

In a little bit of a different direction maybe something from Carlos Ruiz Zafón like The Shadow of the Wind.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The Coltaine arc alone would have me shooting my T.V if they fucked it up. HTF they going to show a giant wagon full of crushed souls?

• 1Like