What class and race are you playing?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ok so I played a Mage on Ragefire & Phinny, but the pets aren't world destroyers anymore...

Gun to my head: SK, Monk or Ranger (Ranger is a late entry to the, "What the fuck am I gonna play" sweepstakes), what am I playing. Because I'm being a woman and can't decide.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Ok so I played a Mage on Ragefire & Phinny, but the pets aren't world destroyers anymore...

Gun to my head: SK, Monk or Ranger (Ranger is a late entry to the, "What the fuck am I gonna play" sweepstakes), what am I playing. Because I'm being a woman and can't decide.

Ranger, not a lot of rangers. Get all that loot.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Only you can really decide.

Monk is great all around but you either love pulling or hate it. Monk is great for being able to afk wherever you want, whenever you want.

Ranger has great loot opportunity but might have a hard time finding your place in a group until pop. Track is an amazing asset for many circumstances, you can shit Pegasus cloaks if you wanted.

Sk is the best choice if you want to try tanking.

I would suggest a monk, really good DPS right out of the gate and you'll get to see more of the game then almost any other class but prepare to work for that XP. No getting to sit on your ass watching YouTube.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I would suggest a monk, really good DPS right out of the gate and you'll get to see more of the game then almost any other class but prepare to work for that XP. No getting to sit on your ass watching YouTube.

Yeah the activity levels of both the SK & the Monk is what's keeping me from being an absolute lock for either one. I don't usually AFK much, but it was kind of nice to just mindlessly play the Mage on RF & Phinny. Ranger is something I've never played, so it's peaked the interest a little, although most of what I'll play is probably Classic-Velious. Still kicking the idea of boxing a Shaman/Druid around with another class.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck! I'm back to second guessing what class I want to play. This always happens!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Me, my brother, and friend have changed our minds about 38 times in the past 3 days so I feel your pain.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Me, my brother, and friend have changed our minds about 38 times in the past 3 days so I feel your pain.

This is me... most of my friends are saying that I have to play a tank since i'm not going to be a healer for the first time in history so I guess i'm stick with a SK. The struggle is real....

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is me... most of my friends are saying that I have to play a tank since i'm not going to be a healer for the first time in history so I guess i'm stick with a SK. The struggle is real....

Raid wise SKs only tank in classic, MoTM isnt friendly once you get to Trakanon and beyond without /disc defensive. You'll be the strongest DPS when your discs are up though for 3ish expacs and one of the top DPS overall the entire life cycle of the server.

Outside of raids though SKs are great group tanks after classic.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Not a bad hand. I think you'll be happy with the SK. You'll love how easy it is to hold aggro. I hope you have an enchanter friend though. The one bad thing about hybrid tanks is the eventual downtime. Nothing sucks more than having to let the tank med, breeze/clarity eliminates that problem.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Raid wise SKs only tank in classic, MoTM isnt friendly once you get to Trakanon and beyond without /disc defensive. You'll be the strongest DPS when your discs are up though for 3ish expacs and one of the top DPS overall the entire life cycle of the server.

Outside of raids though SKs are great group tanks after classic.

I appreciate the encouragement. The only negative I've ever heard about a SK is the epic. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. I hate i'm going to be casual at best this first month. I'm in school administration so once the school ends (tomorrow) i'll get some serious time for a day or two but then my job really begins to wrap up the fiscal year. I'm taking vacation early June to Florida and have basketball camps on each side of that. Such is life but i'm hoping that in my spurts I can keep up with my crew. No way i'll be able hang with you guys but i'll be checking in hope you guys enjoy the rush. I'll be cheering from a distance. :)

Not a bad hand. I think you'll be happy with the SK. You'll love how easy it is to hold aggro. I hope you have an enchanter friend though. The one bad thing about hybrid tanks is the eventual downtime. Nothing sucks more than having to let the tank med, breeze/clarity eliminates that problem.

Our core group is SK (me), Druid, and Shaman. In EQ 99-20XX (who's keeping track), it was cleric (me), Druid, and Shaman. I'm trying to recruit a few more casual people into our core but no signs of an enchanter at least within my family and friends. Appreciate the insight though. As a long-time healer I felt like I experienced the good and bad of tanking so i'm hoping that will be some transferrable knowledge. I'm going to have a good time regardless.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I appreciate the encouragement. The only negative I've ever heard about a SK is the epic. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. I hate i'm going to be casual at best this first month. I'm in school administration so once the school ends (tomorrow) i'll get some serious time for a day or two but then my job really begins to wrap up the fiscal year. I'm taking vacation early June to Florida and have basketball camps on each side of that. Such is life but i'm hoping that in my spurts I can keep up with my crew. No way i'll be able hang with you guys but i'll be checking in hope you guys enjoy the rush. I'll be cheering from a distance. :)

You can do the epic as long as you do it before leveling in Kunark. You can camp at out at the ratman guard in classic the day before Kunark and be ready for Marl minutes after the server pops. I was able to sneak the first one on RF that method since 98% of the server will be leveling.

• 1Like

Crone

Was so set on SK, now I'm spiraling outta control. Wizard, enchanter again, Druid. Ugh.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I don't normally post "I can't play for reasons" But I can't play for reasons and was going to roll ranger. You know what to do.

Crone

Haha! Well, things are coming together. My friends has the most retarded group ever. But I think I convinced the other SK to go enchanter. The warrior to go monk! So now it's SK, Shaman, monk, and enchanter. Still lacking on some magic dps but that's OK.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A lot of you seem to be getting sweaty about overpopulation of sks. Stop worrying. Tanks and clerics are going to be in demand, and sks will be the fotm tank even if sks make up 90% of that tanking population.

Same deal for clerics. At least for half a year, same deal for enchanters. Do not worry how many other fucks make that class, you will be wanted unless you suck.

• 1Solidarity

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haha! Well, things are coming together. My friends has the most retarded group ever. But I think I convinced the other SK to go enchanter. The warrior to go monk! So now it's SK, Shaman, monk, and enchanter. Still lacking on some magic dps but that's OK.

That is actually a solid group. Nothing to worry about. It's still not awful if your war stays war since sk could be designated puller instead.

Crone

That is actually a solid group. Nothing to worry about. It's still not awful if your war stays war since sk could be designated puller instead.
Certainly better than the SK, SK, Warrior, Shaman that we had going! hahaha

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would have loved to have more than 5 raiding SKs in any era. Nuclear bombs that can tank and pull anything just have no downside.