What class and race are you playing?

Sterling

El Presidente
While it isn't an uber boxing combo, I'll likely roll Troll Shaman / Ogre SK concurrently. I like the soloability of Shaman and will raid with my SK (being a buffer doesn't appeal to me much).

Glad to be a part of the FoH community. I heard about you guys on Reddit, though I vaguely remember FoH from P99 (I was AM scum).
It's literally one of the all time most popular box combos and if your SK is raid geared you'll be able to box all kinds of shit.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ench, Sham or SK.... hrmmmmm!
I'm going SK, as it's been a while since I mained a tank, and I've got a couple buddies that are going Shaman. I played Enchanter 1-60 on Phinigel, and it was pretty dang awesome, but it was a never AFK type of class because of your charm pets. Shamans are extremely powerful, but will be a ton of them. Especially since they gave them Sup Heal in Classic. You won't lack for groups with any of those 3 though! If you go SK, we can be SK BRUHS and one of us can tank while the other DPS/pull!

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
If I were to go with a SHM/SK duo do you think I'd be better off with a Mage or a Necro as a 3rd box if I pulled the trigger on adding another?

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
If I were to go with a SHM/SK duo do you think I'd be better off with a Mage or a Necro as a 3rd box if I pulled the trigger on adding another?

For ease of a third box i'd say probably mage since their pets are stronger.

traizen

Trakanon Raider
So its been so long since I played EQ - and I started in Velious that I feel out of touch. I'm looking to play casual during leveling (work is killing me for the next 4 weeks or else I'd be down for the rush to 50) at first and then raid later. I want something that I can have fun soloing with and that wouldn't be too hard to get groups with or a raid spot later.

I'm thinking:
Ogre SK
Human Monk
??? Necro
Troll Shaman

Shaman and SK seem to fit that, but worried there are going to be too many people playing them. If this concern unfounded? Necro seems interesting cause I remember them being crazy soloers.

Crone

So its been so long since I played EQ - and I started in Velious that I feel out of touch. I'm looking to play casual during leveling (work is killing me for the next 4 weeks or else I'd be down for the rush to 50) at first and then raid later. I want something that I can have fun soloing with and that wouldn't be too hard to get groups with or a raid spot later.

I'm thinking:
Ogre SK
Human Monk
??? Necro
Troll Shaman

Shaman and SK seem to fit that, but worried there are going to be too many people playing them. If this concern unfounded? Necro seems interesting cause I remember them being crazy soloers.
I've got 2 buddies going shaman, and I planned on going SK, but considering making a switch to Druid. I'm so far holding strong to my SK, because they are so good that there can never be too many!

Sterling

El Presidente
How does this compare to a raid geared monk and shaman box? Or is the SK/SHM combo just better?
Both are really good, depends on what you want I guess. SK is obviously more tanky, but the monk will be better sustained dps.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
I've been contemplating maybe doing a Bard instead of a Mage as a 3rd box to go with my SK/SHM. Thoughts?

Just thinking about utility overall versus the pure farming power of the Mage. I guess either would really work.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I'm torn between making a Wood Elf Bard, Wood Elf Warrior, or a Dark Elf Necromancer (all of which I loved to play during the early days). Changes to the Bard seem to be a bit offputting but I'm not sure about the changes in the dynamics with Necromancers. I never really used the pets to tank unless it was indoors with shitty fear kiting paths/camps so that was never an issue but did anything change with how dots stack or damage? Doesn't look like Warriors took a hit and actually gained from the taunt ability. I'd like to commit to a static group, hoping to declare a class soon! :smart: Been an information sponge the last 8 hours trying to catch up on everything.

Crone

So found out last night that a bunch of old gamer friends are playing as well. So right now in my little group we have SK, sk, warrior, Shaman, bard. Lol... Might need to take on a wizard or something to put some casters on that shit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So found out last night that a bunch of old gamer friends are playing as well. So right now in my little group we have SK, sk, warrior, Shaman, bard. Lol... Might need to take on a wizard or something to put some casters on that shit.

Enc would be better in every way outside of ports

Crone

Sk sk war? Hope you all aren't edgy about who gets drops...
Hahaha, right?

Enchanter would be amazing, I agree. Did Enchanter on Phin though and I don't want that again. Never being able to afk, etc is just annoying. But damn, haste, clarity, and charm are so bad ass.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Hmm still deciding between chanter or cleric

Cleric I'm stuck in pug life leveling which can be an issue.