What class and race are you playing?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hahaha, right?

Enchanter would be amazing, I agree. Did Enchanter on Phin though and I don't want that again. Never being able to afk, etc is just annoying. But damn, haste, clarity, and charm are so bad ass.

You have a bard, you SHOULD be able to afk! A necro isn't bad to add to your setup; they can even charm in most places that matter except oot.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You have a bard, you SHOULD be able to afk! A necro isn't bad to add to your setup; they can even charm in most places that matter except oot.
That's true. It might work out well. That charm dps is just insane. We shall see. I always like to try and have a different experience on these servers. Done necro on Vulak, and enchanter on Phin. Hmm. Obama-son Ranger incoming?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I won't be poopsocking it this go around, spend most of my night hours at work these days, so i'll probably end up playing something with solo capabilities. Necro most likely.

lindz

#DDs
Debating between cleric and bard right now. Would definitely love to do a static so will figure it out soon.

Crone

Debating between cleric and bard right now. Would definitely love to do a static so will figure it out soon.
Remember as a bard you won't be able to mez everything. I forget if it was kunark or classic where bards were good but couldn't mez or charm in the top camps because of mob level.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Wood Elf Ranger.

I will bind roleplay emotes to every button.

Forage "Searches the ground intently"
Track "Sniffs the air before moving confidently towards his prey"
Hide "Ducks behind the ogre, it doesn't work very well"
Sneak "Stays quiet hoping CT didn't notice him"
Snare "I offer myself as sacrifice to %t"

etc etc

Noble woodelf champion Kuro

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just browsing all the threads tonight on Reddit, official forums and here.

There's going to be a shitload of shadowknights on this server. Going to make grouping pretty easy as it seems there won't be any lack of tanks or enchanters, I'm thinking there really won't be many clerics on the server and that might be what I end up doing.

As a cleric I won't be soloing anything but damn, I'll basically be able to go anywhere and get in on anything I want.

It's funny because cleric is a part of the trinity but nobody wants to play one, obviously it's not the best class to main for fun but that's a hurdle I need to overcome and make it fun.

Find an enchanter friend and go duo some hard camps should be interesting.

My only worry is the first 10 or so levels, like most classes it's pretty shitty but I think could ride the wave through those easily on launch day.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Clerics solo undead shit just fine. Can do some work in LGuk for example.

Way back in 99 I saw a cleric soloing the gnome guards outside akanon. He was using that sparkly red "shock of swords" looking spell and i was like OMG I want to be a cleric!

That lasted a whole 6 levels of no-meditate hell and I gave up.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I mained a cleric in EQ and you can certainly do work in most undead areas. You get Ward Undead at 4 so if you do undead camps and/or Befallen > Unrest > Lower Guk you'll always have the advantage plus as you wait for groups you can typically solo entrance/trash mobs in those locations to pass the time. You'll have your root, pet, and fear by Level 7. As a Dark Elf, I highly recommend the Innoruuk Necklace for Snare + DoT which really comes in handy at times. That's really pull from the recesses of my brain so i'm hoping all of that is still relevant.

At one time I could have probably been a cleric consultant but I have far forgotten more than I could remember today. If there are any clerics who have questions, I'll certainly do my best to help but Google knows far more than I do.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am switching to assling cleric. I enjoyed it on combine and it sounds like everyone and their mother is going necro anyway.

Cleric soloing is garbage on non-undead and mediocre even then. It becomes viable with don and the ward procs and then good with tss giving promised renewal and vows. None of that shit is coming on agnarr..

For the best solo cash generation as a cleric it will probably always be lguk on this server.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least in my experience i never made good money solo, most of my wealth came from grouping Juggs in sebilis. All the gems and spells, occasional tola robe.

I never once in all my time playing EQ ever got an fbss to drop. Jboots never made me any money because I always needed them lol.

When torpor and Malo were going for 20-30k plat in kunark it just seemed pointless to do anything else. So the whole being able to solo camps thing isn't that big of a deal, I'd say being able to get into big money camps is more important than being able to solo the camps in later expansions.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just browsing all the threads tonight on Reddit, official forums and here.

There's going to be a shitload of shadowknights on this server. Going to make grouping pretty easy as it seems there won't be any lack of tanks or enchanters, I'm thinking there really won't be many clerics on the server and that might be what I end up doing.

As a cleric I won't be soloing anything but damn, I'll basically be able to go anywhere and get in on anything I want.

It's funny because cleric is a part of the trinity but nobody wants to play one, obviously it's not the best class to main for fun but that's a hurdle I need to overcome and make it fun.

Find an enchanter friend and go duo some hard camps should be interesting.

My only worry is the first 10 or so levels, like most classes it's pretty shitty but I think could ride the wave through those easily on launch day.

That's what really bugs me though about rolling a SK. There's just something inside me that doesn't want to play what everyone else is already playing. I love SK's and thing they are a blast to play but it makes it less attractive of a class when 8 of 10 ooc's are "Lvl ## SK LFG" .... I may do it anyway but I was hoping it wasn't going to be as popular of a choice as it is appearing to be. It will probably even out towards PoP. I wish Paladins were a bit more fun to play. I could always go back to my first thoughts of being a Bard or Ranger. I just don't know....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

That's what really bugs me though about rolling a SK. There's just something inside me that doesn't want to play what everyone else is already playing. I love SK's and thing they are a blast to play but it makes it less attractive of a class when 8 of 10 ooc's are "Lvl ## SK LFG" .... I may do it anyway but I was hoping it wasn't going to be as popular of a choice as it is appearing to be. It will probably even out towards PoP. I wish Paladins were a bit more fun to play. I could always go back to my first thoughts of being a Bard or Ranger. I just don't know....
I don't know if it'll be that way. Phin was pretty popular and the holy trinity was still what was keeping groups from getting started. There were never enough tanks. Maybe that'll be different since the population now knows how good they are? I don't know.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know if it'll be that way. Phin was pretty popular and the holy trinity was still what was keeping groups from getting started. There were never enough tanks. Maybe that'll be different since the population now knows how good they are? I don't know.

People learned what the game was REALLY like, necros #1 raid DPS, sk was clearly the best tank, enchanters were gods, of course the masses gravitate to the meta. A lot of people and I don't blame them, already invested time on other classes and on phinny, leveling another character was just not something they wanted to do.

Now with agnarr, they are going to do it "right" this time. Unfortunately making it oversaturated. Those who play druids and shaman will inevitably have to fill healer roles with so many tanks and enchanters on the server which is great for those players.

Keep in mind though, being good at your class will always separate yourself from the masses. So I wouldn't necessarily not play a class because a lot of people play it, you just won't be able to half ass it or you'll just be a face in the crowd.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Keep in mind though, being good at your class will always separate yourself from the masses. So I wouldn't necessarily not play a class because a lot of people play it, you just won't be able to half ass it or you'll just be a face in the crowd.

I feel like this is one of the most important things to remember. While there are exceptions, being good at whatever class you roll is leaps and bounds more important than worrying about how many of that class exist. Right, wrong, or indifferent the good players in EQ stand out. Even in a world where the game is pretty easy.

Sterling

El Presidente
People learned what the game was REALLY like, necros #1 raid DPS, sk was clearly the best tank, enchanters were gods, of course the masses gravitate to the meta. A lot of people and I don't blame them, already invested time on other classes and on phinny, leveling another character was just not something they wanted to do.

Now with agnarr, they are going to do it "right" this time. Unfortunately making it oversaturated. Those who play druids and shaman will inevitably have to fill healer roles with so many tanks and enchanters on the server which is great for those players.

Did you just not play with competent wizards or something?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did you just not play with competent wizards or something?

Classic through velious what I saw was necros being at the top when they were still fucking with the raid boss buffs, after velious I have no idea because I quit playing.

Not sure if necros got their dot rework yet either