What did you just read?

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,237
10,926
So according to my math book 6 of bobiverse was out yesterday but all I see are audio books, I read books like a regular person. Has this series always been audio first then books?
 

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
8,636
10,976
So according to my math book 6 of bobiverse was out yesterday but all I see are audio books, I read books like a regular person. Has this series always been audio first then books?
Not always, but the last two are Audible first, yes.
 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,237
10,926
Not always, but the last two are Audible first, yes.
any idea of what the lag time is? I'm finishing book 3 today. Pretty sure if I finish 5 before 6 is in print I'll never go back. It's good, but it's not THAT good.
 

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
8,636
10,976
any idea of what the lag time is? I'm finishing book 3 today. Pretty sure if I finish 5 before 6 is in print I'll never go back. It's good, but it's not THAT good.
The previous book was released Sep 5 2024 on audio and Jan 5 2025 in ebook, so assume FOUR months. Yes. That bad.
 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,237
10,926
Crazy shit.

Anyway I just finished

View attachment 616218

Minute by minute account of a hypothetical nuclear war that begins with a "bolt out of the blue" ICBM launch by North Korea combined with some pretty extensive research and citations. It's a very tight package with the audiobook clocking in at under twelve hours and it's very good. It's a little pants-shittingly terrifying at a few points as an additional wrinkle of nuclear war gets explained that I hadn't previous considered the full ramifications of and that wrinkle is another apocalypse on a growing stack of them but that's what I signed up for.

Having seen A House of Dynamite it's pretty obvious theft but that movie is cheap trash. It ends before the NK strike even happens and this goes all the way to a cascading nuclear war involving errybody.
I read this as well , good recommendation. It was pretty crazy. Like the old movie Wargames, the only way to win is not to play. There was quite a bit of tech America has that I was unaware of. Our tax dollars at work I guess (may as well since we seem to give them all away). I like the authors writing style and I've moved on to another of her books called 'The Pentagons Brain - DARPA' . I'll read it while I wait for Steve Erikson's next Witness novel to become available.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,503
85,881
Oh well guess it's book 5 and done.
Bobiverse is a great series, I read the first 3 in like a week on vacation, then had to wait the years between 4 and 5 and now 6. It's been pretty worth it to pick it back up each time.