What game developers are auto purchase for you?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Simply put if you see them put out a product it doesn't matter what it is or what it cost you just throw your wallet at them and buy it. There was a time when Blizzard reigned supreme (and alone) in this category for me but DIII and the last few expansions of WoW have rubbed me the wrong way so I don't even have several of their recent expansion titles.

But recently I had the welcome surprise to playBastionthe first title from a developer called Super Giant Games and I was blown away. Music, story, gameplay if someone made a game based on the Fireflyfeelthis would be it. So then I tried their second game Transistor and it was so very different yet much of the same and continued to amaze me.

So for me it is Super Giant Games. I don't know what their third title will be but on the strength of their first two titles the third will be an auto purchase.

spronk

FPS noob
rockstar
valve
assassins creed series
mass effect series
anything by miyamoto for wii u / 3ds

thats it i think

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I used to buy anything Squaresoft or Blizzard put out on release day without reading reviews, but not any more. Valve and Team Ico are the only ones of these left for me. I will purchase any TRIBES or EverQuest title on release day though, regardless of reviews etc. Some Nintendo franchises like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and Zelda also no-questions-asked purchases for me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
DOTA2 technically was "released" like a year or so ago. Prior to that was L4D2 which was pretty lackluster.
Portal 2!

No company is auto purchase for me anymore. If you had said day 0 purchases, you might have a few companies or types of games in which multiplayer is important. But in this day and age of countless internet reviewers, why buy a game before someone else has had a chance to give an opinion?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
CDPR
Obsidian (pretending that Dungeon Siege 3 doesn't exist)
Rocksteady
Naughty Dog
Remedy

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Truthfully none - I buy tons of stuff Day 0/1 but I always decide based on the individual product. (generally before reviews though, unlike DW's take - but no carte blanche per developer) Bioware probably gets closest, but even then I steered clear of KOTRO. (And had in the past picked up KOTR1/2 late)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Portal 2!

No company is auto purchase for me anymore. If you had said day 0 purchases, you might have a few companies or types of games in which multiplayer is important. But in this day and age of countless internet reviewers, why buy a game before someone else has had a chance to give an opinion?
Ah yeah forgot about that. I thought Portal 2 was pretty lackluster as well. Then again I didn't think Portal was as great a game the internet makes it out to be.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ah yeah forgot about that. I thought Portal 2 was pretty lackluster as well. Then again I didn't think Portal was as great a game the internet makes it out to be.
rrr_img_70811.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
No one, if anything it would be MassEffect, Gears, and CoD, but i dont buy shit by developer.

Caliane

none anymore.

yeah, Bastion did make me buy Transistor sight unseen. But honestly, I don't feel that was flawless. So yeah, the next time will probably look before I leap.
And there are a number of small/indies like that, where they have more or less guaranteed a second purchase at least. Like recently with Larian. Dragon commander was shit.... But they bought alot of good will with Divinity 2. And god damn Original sin is amazing. They bought further support from me for sure. I don't feel like their games are flawless, and "always worth it" but I sure want to see what they will do next, and hope they have the funds to keep doing it.

Nxs_sl

shitlord
Only ones that come to mind are Rockstar and Naughty Dog. Oh and Bethesda Game Studios.

Used to have Squaresoft and Blizzard on that list too.