What game developers are auto purchase for you?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
dwight.jpg
I know it puts me in the heavy minority but I feel Portal is extraordinarily overrated. The writing was good and all but the actual puzzle always seemed to amount to trying to find that one place up there you can place your portal and doing that. It never felt challenging more tedious.

Nxs_sl

shitlord
I know it puts me in the heavy minority but I feel Portal is extraordinarily overrated. The writing was good and all but the actual puzzle always seemed to amount to trying to find that one place up there you can place your portal and doing that. It never felt challenging more tedious.
At least you're not alone on this board because I totally agree!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Used to be Blizzard and Bioware, now neither. I'd certainly buy a Valve game if they made one...

EDIT: Oh who the fuck am I kidding, I'm still buying DA3 day 1.

Cybsled

Square hasn't been autobuy from me since PS1. Blizz I never bothered with the SC2 expansion or D3.

Tenks

Even if you grow bored of the content in D3 expansion it is well worth the money to experience the grind once

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
None anymore, mostly because games are much shorter and have zero replay value for me.

Rockstar probably has the most series of games that I would buy on day one, namely GTA and RDR if they ever make another one.

Tenks

Surprised Rockstar didn't lose people after GTA4. I was a huge GTA PS2 fan but that game was just a complete sack of shit.

Raign

Golden Squire
Was Bethesda before they tried an MMO.....

I still buy Valve and BioWare day 1 (despite Dragon Age 2), and now, after Divinity: Original Sin, I will buy Larius Studios as well.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Surprised Rockstar didn't lose people after GTA4. I was a huge GTA PS2 fan but that game was just a complete sack of shit.
Max Payne 3 is what kept me from listing Rockstar. That game is a fucking abomination.

I'm also pretty disappointed with how they handled GTA V Online. What could have been a lot of fun was turned into an ungodly grindfest, with heists endlessly delayed in favor of pushing out fluff no one gives a damn about. Latest info about the heists has them pegged as PvP shitfests instead of something along the lines of a co-op version of the main game's heist missions, making me even more glad I got most of my money back from the game by taking it to Target back in May.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
HOI and EU series from Paradox. Knowing products will be unplayable at release, ok after, and greatest ever after some mods. But hey, you have to support them, nobody else would (could?) make these games.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
(mostly) Square Enix, Ubisoft
Naughty Dog
From Software

Everything else gets a pretty keen eye to trace over it...with those developers, I mostly know what to expect.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Valve is the first that popped into my head. Who isn't going to get Half-Life 3 when that comes out? That shit is going to break records.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Nobody.

I almost never even buy day 1 anything these days. I have a huge backlog and would rather wait to hear reviews(both here and elsewhere) before spending money.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Last square game i bought was FF13 - and im never buying another square game again unless its pure tits.

Rime

<Donor>
Usually only Elder Scrolls (Not the MMO) or Fallout Games. They tend to have plenty of bugs early on, but I remember fondly playing the very first Fallout game the day after it came out, so it has become a trend.

Otherwise, I tend to wait for Steam sales, because I am spoiled by discounts.

Brad2770

Rockstar

I have owned and beat every title of theirs except GTA1 and Red Dead Revolver.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nobody.

I almost never even buy day 1 anything these days. I have a huge backlog and would rather wait to hear reviews(both here and elsewhere) before spending money.
This. Going to a midnight release for the wonderful game that was Dragon Age II broke me of my bad pre-ordering and early buying habits.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Civilization. I like buying the same game but worse, then watching expansions bring it back up to par over several years.

It's like watching the progress of a Civilization!