What Made EQ Great? Tell your stories to a filthy casual

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
At that time I had Repic/wiz Mafx/druid for lvl 60's. Can't remember the other names, just been too long.

e: Oh Mafx was probably still in <Skyre Draneth> and Repic was probably still in <Mystical Avengers>

I forget the name of the guild that showed up to contend for Ragefire.
which guild were you in during the emp Ssra encounter? I was in Enshadowed during that time.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I remember logging into EQ beta for the first time. I rolled up a ranger and made my way from Surefall Glade to Qeynos Hills. I remember seeing a snake slither by and I wasn't sure what I needed to do in order to attack it. Later, I would hear of the Sayer Cottage, but that seemed like way too dangerous a trek to take. The last night of beta they had giant skeletons attack the cottage. Aradune showed up with his glowing sword and green armor. I was hooked for the next 5 years.

Zish

Trakanon Raider
I had a lot of fun on Terris-Thule.

When I started playing, I wasn't quite good/old enough to be in the big leagues - raiding and such. But my mom was!

I wanted her to play the game with me, so she tried it out and quickly surpassed me. She was known to pretty much everyone on the server. She started getting very social around level 30ish, where she became an officer in the guild <Disciples of Vengeance>, which was led by Lyrick. Later on she led it for a while. I mean, as a girl playing EverQuest - you had pretty every guy drooling after you. She wasn't a slut or anything, but she made a lot of contacts and connections in the top guilds of the server. She eventually joined <Nocturnal> (3rd) and healed for them from Luclin to the start of GoD. They had a lot of friendly and unfriendly competition with <Clan Ta Veren> (2nd) and <Valon> (1st).

Me being the asshole little kid I was, made every attempt to sabotage anything I could and exploit any gains I could for myself. And when you are pretty much attached to the person who has the entire server in their pocket - it's not hard. I would learn of raids taking place, sneak to where they were happening, and ninja if I got the chance to. It wasn't much, but my biggest ninja was from Doomshade .. got me a nice sword and earring from it.

She was also given lots of people's account info - I don't know why.
One was of the leader of <Nocturnal>, a Ranger named Thirteenlegion. I stole his Stonewood Compound Bow and sold it for 100k or so. I regret this move the most, because he was such a nice guy.
Another was an account shared by two <Nocturnal> guild members, one of them an officer - All it had on it was a KEI bot... and apparently this bot also held the 800k plat that they had spent $600 on. Immediately took that shit and went on a huge spending spree. I wasn't a complete dick though. Half the stuff I bought I held contests for and gave away. Including a Fungi tunic just for a hide and seek contest in the Bazaar. I remember the officer, Classic, losing his shit and directly blaming me for it - since he knew I was a little bastard. I was heavily defended by my mom and most of their guild; Most of them thought I was an angel.

She had a LOT of guys after her. She didn't use it to her advantage though, other than to make friendships.
She was "married" in game to three people:
Tekden A`fylan - Wizard of <Nocturnal>, later <Valon> due to my mom pulling strings for him. They had a nice wedding outside Thurgadin. We were actually friends for about 8 years afterwards.
Soulknight Syn - Shadowknight of <Clan Ta Veren>. He proposed after walking through the whole of Skyshrine with her.
And a wizard whose name I can't remember. It started with a V - and he was in <Valon>.
And a lot of others that just never made the cut. Macgrath, Zaldron, Rindian...

I remember guys would hang out in the Arena in the Bazaar and just fight over her. Tekden was the most jealous, so anyone that spoke to her would get manaburned to death the second they went into the Arena. Poor Zaldron and Rindian never stood a chance.

Anyway, after my mom retired, I made many friends of my own - some I still have to this day. I'm somewhat disappointed that I never had the chance to be a raider myself and in the thick of it all, but I had all the knowledge and insider info of someone who was. In some ways, I knew more about what was going on than the majority of the people in these guilds. It was extremely satisfying for me, and I wouldn't trade or change those years for anything.

My only regret is that I never got the Sword of Ssraeshza.

Also, Heebee was my hero as a Paladin.

Silver Knight of the Realm
I totes cyber'd a chick once on Tunare. Was pretty hot. Then I told her to e-mail some pics.

That was the day I knew that the prophet Muhammad was a liar and the God of Abraham did not exist.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I totes cyber'd a chick once on Tunare. Was pretty hot. Then I told her to e-mail some pics.

That was the day I knew that the prophet Muhammad was a liar and the God of Abraham did not exist.
were the pics horrifying then?

did you save them?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The first time I ever masturbated while someone else was aware I was doing it was in EverQuest. I was doing some random dungeon and started talking to a shaman in my group. We hit it off, and for the next week, we continued talking every time we were on. For some reason or another, we did one of the early versions of audio only skype so we could talk. She sounded incredibly hot. I still remember her voice. She talked me through a "cyber sex" phone call. It was incredibly sexy and I dumped a load quickly. When it was over, she sent me a picture.

She was a land mass. Horribly fat in every way possible, and she had a kid on top of it. I was only 17 at the time, no thanks. I never spoke to her again.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I almost started a "relationship" with someone in EQ but then I quickly picked up that this person was a mangina and never talked to them again.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I had a lot of fun on Terris-Thule.

When I started playing, I wasn't quite good/old enough to be in the big leagues - raiding and such. But my mom was!

I wanted her to play the game with me, so she tried it out and quickly surpassed me. She was known to pretty much everyone on the server. She started getting very social around level 30ish, where she became an officer in the guild <Disciples of Vengeance>, which was led by Lyrick. Later on she led it for a while. I mean, as a girl playing EverQuest - you had pretty every guy drooling after you. She wasn't a slut or anything, but she made a lot of contacts and connections in the top guilds of the server. She eventually joined <Nocturnal> (3rd) and healed for them from Luclin to the start of GoD. They had a lot of friendly and unfriendly competition with <Clan Ta Veren> (2nd) and <Valon> (1st).

Me being the asshole little kid I was, made every attempt to sabotage anything I could and exploit any gains I could for myself. And when you are pretty much attached to the person who has the entire server in their pocket - it's not hard. I would learn of raids taking place, sneak to where they were happening, and ninja if I got the chance to. It wasn't much, but my biggest ninja was from Doomshade .. got me a nice sword and earring from it.

She was also given lots of people's account info - I don't know why.
One was of the leader of <Nocturnal>, a Ranger named Thirteenlegion. I stole his Stonewood Compound Bow and sold it for 100k or so. I regret this move the most, because he was such a nice guy.
Another was an account shared by two <Nocturnal> guild members, one of them an officer - All it had on it was a KEI bot... and apparently this bot also held the 800k plat that they had spent $600 on. Immediately took that shit and went on a huge spending spree. I wasn't a complete dick though. Half the stuff I bought I held contests for and gave away. Including a Fungi tunic just for a hide and seek contest in the Bazaar. I remember the officer, Classic, losing his shit and directly blaming me for it - since he knew I was a little bastard. I was heavily defended by my mom and most of their guild; Most of them thought I was an angel.

She had a LOT of guys after her. She didn't use it to her advantage though, other than to make friendships.
She was "married" in game to three people:
Tekden A`fylan - Wizard of <Nocturnal>, later <Valon> due to my mom pulling strings for him. They had a nice wedding outside Thurgadin. We were actually friends for about 8 years afterwards.
Soulknight Syn - Shadowknight of <Clan Ta Veren>. He proposed after walking through the whole of Skyshrine with her.
And a wizard whose name I can't remember. It started with a V - and he was in <Valon>.
And a lot of others that just never made the cut. Macgrath, Zaldron, Rindian...

I remember guys would hang out in the Arena in the Bazaar and just fight over her. Tekden was the most jealous, so anyone that spoke to her would get manaburned to death the second they went into the Arena. Poor Zaldron and Rindian never stood a chance.

Anyway, after my mom retired, I made many friends of my own - some I still have to this day. I'm somewhat disappointed that I never had the chance to be a raider myself and in the thick of it all, but I had all the knowledge and insider info of someone who was. In some ways, I knew more about what was going on than the majority of the people in these guilds. It was extremely satisfying for me, and I wouldn't trade or change those years for anything.

My only regret is that I never got the Sword of Ssraeshza.

Also, Heebee was my hero as a Paladin.
I started out in DoV and ended up in Valon from PoP through GoD, I'm sure I was guilded with your mom at some point but I was so unaware of all that crap going on. I think the wiz in Valon was Vlaladil or some crap like that. And ya, Heebee was the shit.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hah. Fantastic mom story. Anyone else have hilarious stories of heartbreak or swamp beast revelations

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Hah. Fantastic mom story. Anyone else have hilarious stories of heartbreak or swamp beast revelations
My sister cybor'd the fuck outta some bard who AoE kited and sold PL services in the PoP days. I profitted from free AAs/LOTS of plat. He was good at PLing though, got multiple toons 1-50 in like, 4-5 hours back then. He even flew down to meet us. Bought me lunch a couple of times off of PL money. I told him he had my permission to do deprived things to my sister as long as the plat and AA kept flowing.

tl;dr I virtually sold my sister into prostitution.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
My sister cybor'd the fuck outta some bard who AoE kited and sold PL services in the PoP days. I profitted from free AAs/LOTS of plat. He was good at PLing though, got multiple toons 1-50 in like, 4-5 hours back then. He even flew down to meet us. Bought me lunch a couple of times off of PL money. I told him he had my permission to do deprived things to my sister as long as the plat and AA kept flowing.

tl;dr I virtually sold my sister into prostitution.
Was this on Luclin server?

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Lol, there were some crazy fuckers on EQ. I remember there was this one girl who was obsessed with my real life friend who also played. But he had a girlfriend so wasn't interested but this girl in game used to tell me all the filthy thoughts she had about him and what she wants to do with him... I thought he had chatted to her on ICQ or something, but it turns out she never once saw him, but eventually she told me how she loved blonde men, she was talking about his fucking character! Some high elf with blonde hair, he looks nothing like in real life. It was funny but it sucked for me because she had no interest in me at all. Guess I should have picked one of the other 5 faces.

I only ever cybered in game with someone on P99 but she was a weird one. Possibly a guy but you never know. She was obsessed with oral sex and always talked about sucking me hard blah blah, but if I ever mentioned her tits or puss she/he got all quiet. But I don't care, her 12 polygon character was hot and that's all I need.

I remember some female warrior in Kelethin taking me in to one of the little empty houses and trying to seduce me in return for loot. She/(definitely HE) kept saying, "I stroke your thigh, hey so what loot do you have to give?" and almost every comment was followed by an enquiry about my phat loots. I had tell them to get lost in the end, phat loot > all.