What tha hell is this Japan pop metal kid bop...

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grumath_sl

shitlord
Posted another of their videos in the metal thread a few days ago. I think the term being used is "Kawaii Metal". Not sure if legitimate sub-genre of metal or just Japan being Japan. Would probably listen to them over any Nu-Metal since the instrumentals seem to be pretty power metal.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Aww Wakandan shit listening to them old school beats. +1 big adebisi

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I sent this to my 70 year old father as a joke. He can't stop listening to them now. What have I done?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

It would be more amusing if they were the driving force behind the project and not puppets put in front of some studio musicians by a clever producer. A counter-example would be the french industrial duo Carbon Airways. I am not a big fan and english pseudo-rapping by a 14 year old french boy is what it is, but it's commendable for they fact they are the authors of their music from the start (though they have now the backing of professionals).

Vinen

God is dead
The best part of that video was the horrific attempt to make it look like they are playing guitars.

And LOL @ Foxs instead of Horns.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Posted another of their videos in the metal thread a few days ago. I think the term being used is "Kawaii Metal". Not sure if legitimate sub-genre of metal or just Japan being Japan. Would probably listen to them over any Nu-Metal since the instrumentals seem to be pretty power metal.

Top notch band backing them.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
jesus christ I just watched that first video 9 times in a row. holy fuck I am in 100%

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am a huge fan of Boh (the bass player in the live band). His tapping on the 6 string bass is astounding.

Babymetal was scheduled for Sonisphere on the Bohemia Stage on July 6, but because of huge demand they were moved to the Apollo main stage on July 5. Basically, they are opening for Iron Maiden. Go figure.

I think they are awesome. The music is good (well, some of it makes my teeth hurt . . .but most of it is really well done) - and no one can deny that the girls are energetic and entertaining.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Actually, they're on right before Ghost, but the same stage as Iron Maiden, yeah. They better not bring that fake ass skeleton band though or the Sonisphere crowd will get ugly in a hurry. If the band isn't live, and the girls aren't singing live, it'll be a disaster.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Actually, they're on right before Ghost, but the same stage as Iron Maiden, yeah. They better not bring that fake ass skeleton band though or the Sonisphere crowd will get ugly in a hurry. If the band isn't live, and the girls aren't singing live, it'll be a disaster.
Absolutely. The kami band is a must. But honestly, I don't think the girls sing live very often. I've watched a lot of concert footage, and you can really tell when they're singing live. The lead sounds much better when she sings live, but I guess with all the running around she does during the show, there's no logical way to expect her to sing live unless they tone her down a bit.

I don't think the Sonisphere fans will get ugly at all, either way. After all, the girls are there because of overwhelming fan support. I have friends whose daughters belong to Cherri Bomb, a band that played Sonisphere 2012. At the time the all-female band was 12, 13, 14 and 16. They were embraced with open arms by the crowds. Of course, they write/sing their own songs and are extremely accomplished musicians.

By the way, I have just read that Babymetal have sold out the Electric Ballroom in the UK, and their concert there has been moved to The Forum.