What vehicle do you drive?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm in the market for an AWD/4WD vehicle. I currently drive a '13 Charger and if they still made the V8 in AWD I'd go buy one tomorrow. However, '14 is the last year you can get a V8 AWD Charger and I really love the new(er) bodystyle. I'd love to get a Hellcat, but the winters where I live can get nasty and my Charger is a pussy in the snow (RWD). I've considered getting the Hellcat Grand Cherokee, but everything I'm reading online has Jeep super low on the reliability scale. My sister has a '16 Cherokee and it was in the shop 2x within the first year. Plus, size of the vehicle is bit of a consideration.

Any suggestions? I'd ideally like something with 300+HP, but still in the 30-40k range. Size is also a consideration as my Charger just barely squeaks into the garage with my girlfriend's Nissan Rogue. Even though I want more performance, I'm probably going to end up with a fucking V6 AWD Charger (they are my ideal car in terms of aesthetics, cabin room, and driving/performance). I'd really like to be given an alternative though.

I'm sure you can find a 2015/2016 Porsche Macan s for around 40k. Fucking great car, my wife loves hers. Only difference between that model year vs newer is the entertainment system interface.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The V6 Grand Cherokee has 300hp and is plenty luxurious. It may not be as fast as you'd like, but it'll do the trick. Or, it comes with the 5.7 as well. Maybe the Durango R/T? Same 5.7 but with even more room. I've seen used ones under 40k with less than 20k miles. There's the Toyota 4 Runner if you want super reliable. But, won't be fast and it's a bit dated (even a brand new one). I would personally love a 6.4L Grand Cherokee myself, but the cost just isn't justified with the questionable quality and some of the materials (it's got awesome tech, but still some carry-over cheap plastics). Oh, have you thought about the Ford range? the V6 eco-boost has great power for the size and decent mileage too.

Yeah, I really love Grand Cherokees, but my sister has had nothing but problems with her '16 Cherokee. I also know somebody with a '16 Renegade that has had nothing but problems as well.

The R/T Durango is something I've had an eye on, but 3rd row seating just isn't necessary. Plus, size of the vehicle is a consideration with available garage space.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I still have my cla250 from 2014, it's been awesome and while MB service is expensive they have been more than generous on warranty work. It's paid off now but I'm gonna keep it a few more months.

My wife just got rid of her 2013 mini cooper countryman which I absolutely hated for an Audi A4. It's really nice but I prefer the c class, it drives super smooth though.

I'll probably pick up the new 3 series when it's released, love the look of everything about that car.

2019-BMW-3-Series-real-life-G20-2-830x553.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I really love Grand Cherokees, but my sister has had nothing but problems with her '16 Cherokee. I also know somebody with a '16 Renegade that has had nothing but problems as well.

So far I haven't had any issues with my 2016 Cherokee. It is babied though. I carpool and just hit 25k miles

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Spoiled because it's a big image. I didn't even realize how dirty my instrument panel was. I should probably clean it once every half a million miles.

2001 dodge ram 1500 5.9L engine. It had 24 miles on it when I picked it up.

Don't mind the check engine light. It'll go away when it gets warmer out.

IMG_20180927_1847040.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, since 80% of cars on the road are white, gray, or black, I would vote for ANY actual color. But, blue is my favorite.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I like the blue as well. I'll never get another black car. Looks dirty 30 minutes after I wash it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Blue as well, drove past a parking lot the other day and 95% of the vehicles in the parking lot were white.

White seems to pop only on certain vehicles for me, like the GTi.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmm everyone likes that blue. It's kinda bright for me but I'm definitely considering it!

XC60 is expensive. Depends how the numbers come back. If the RDX isn't significantly less than the XC60 I'll expand out to that and the X3.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Personally I favor white with black wheels but the blue is nice too. The pattern on the front grill stands out more on the blue as well.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I am now officially the proud(?) owner of the almost-brand-new Ford Focus I bought my mom the year before she died.

Beats the shit out of my 2000 Saturn that leaks every possible fluid out of every possible hole. Sold it to the junkyard for 200 dollars.

Focus has leather seats too.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm also going to side with the Blue. The Blue with Kona brown interior was my first choice when I was getting my current car. But since I was a cheap bastard shopping for a CPO that meant either waiting months for a CTS Vsport blue/kona to roll up or going with the second choice of metallic gray/kona.

...that leaks every possible fluid out of every possible hole.

aka Thursday Nights

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I'd normally dig the blue, but that black advance looks really nice. The blue's a bit too bright IMO for a more luxury-esque car, IMO.

Siliconemelons

Hmm everyone likes that blue. It's kinda bright for me but I'm definitely considering it!

XC60 is expensive. Depends how the numbers come back. If the RDX isn't significantly less than the XC60 I'll expand out to that and the X3.

Yup the XC60s are expensive comparatively and sadly in my area used Volvos are rare as its not as high volume as everyone else and used are harder to find.

Also it's hard for me to get info on new haggle rates... on a Nissan or whatever a few days scouring forums and you can get a damn good lock on how much below MSRP and invoice you should be able to get.

If you are wanting new, look at the Volvo overseas delivery thing, the price is MSRP less than sticker and you get a "free" trip to migrantville

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Leased the 2019 Acura RDX. ASpec, White Diamond Pearl

chose the White Diamond Pearl and I'm very happy with my choice!

Now that I have it this was the clear choice for me. The wheels are perfect and look amazing on the car, it really makes the look. The blacked out trim looks the best against the White body. Red would be my runner up choice, but I am coming from a Red/Black car and wanted a change. My wife loves the white, but not a fan of the wheels
smile.gif

Inside is fantastic. HUGE Pano roof, great display and I like the touchpad interface. The Button shifter was a bit weird, but it's intuitive and I'm getting used to it quickly.

It's early but this is the best car I've ever personally owned. In terms of all around quality, style, luxury touches and driving. SH-AWD feels like you're pinned to the road on curves. It's quick enough, although I'd love a Type R. All the current tech like Acura Link, Android Auto, and a suite of safety features.

I typically look for the value for the dollar buy. So previously that was a loaded Kia Optima SX. It was quick, lots of tech and features, and looked cool. This go around the RDX struck me as a good value. Base trim would have been even more value but I just loved the ASpec look.

I was considering the Advance for something a bit quieter and with the dampers, HUD and a few other things but... at the end the A-Spec was absolutely the way to go for me. I don't miss any of that. My Kia was not overly quiet or smooth, so this is a big step up. Paying another 4-5k for the Advance with the nice wheels would be over doing it.

I almost went for the XC40 or XC60. 40 was a bit small, and pricey for the size. Not to mention significantly slower than I'd like. It looks FANTASTIC though. I love the Volvo looks.
XC60 was almost too nice. Its gorgeous. I would have to get a T6 though and that is just more than I wanted to spend. I'm also not a huge fan of the Vovlo giant touch screen and steering wheel.

ANYWAY.... pics:

XhLvbPel.jpg

qYYu3SQl.jpg

EXe1ISBl.jpg

dTi7cuxl.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Very cool, congrats. I started looking at the MDX for the wife. Toyota/Lexus are really ugly lately and the German options have lost their appeal for the most part; they all look so boring and uninspired. So, might go MDX or F-Pace S. Both come in a great blue.