What vehicle do you drive?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

The 3s are little though, have you seen one irl? Don't put adults in the back seat with neck problems heh. My old boss got a 3 and I bought his leaf.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Just throwing this up in air: Too many toys and some have to go for a new kid and a new SUV. My M4 is one that I'll be letting go. I have it leased through my business, so it would be a lease takeover (done at BMW dealer on my dime).

2018 M4. 3,200 miles. 36 month lease that started April of 2018. 12,000 miles per year. $823.78 per month net is the payment. Sticker was: $69,695.00. Minor options; basically a stripper and a blank canvas. That was my intention, but I didn't get that far yet. Residual is calculated at $39,309.20.

Now the key question is did you get your 1200 mile service done on time? hehe :)

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
The 3s are little though, have you seen one irl? Don't put adults in the back seat with neck problems heh. My old boss got a 3 and I bought his leaf.

I put 6'4" folks back there and they comment on the roominess. /shrug

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
^--- Just being nice? ;p

I'm more strongly considering getting this next year. Talk about it in the motorcycle thread, but I commute lately daily on a liter bike sports tourer for my 40 mile/1hour commute to save miles on my truck. (Doesn't save money but saves having to replace a $35k truck in 5 years vs a $10k bike) ..... So considering a $20k bike to put those miles on may be stupid.... /shrug FASTER!!!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
^--- Just being nice? ;p

I'm more strongly considering getting this next year. Talk about it in the motorcycle thread, but I commute lately daily on a liter bike sports tourer for my 40 mile/1hour commute to save miles on my truck. (Doesn't save money but saves having to replace a $35k truck in 5 years vs a $10k bike) ..... So considering a $20k bike to put those miles on may be stupid.... /shrug FASTER!!!

I would definitely die on that thing, my lust for speed knows no bounds and having that kind of acceleration in my hands would be reckless.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now the key question is did you get your 1200 mile service done on time? hehe :)

Absolutely did, haha. One of the best parts of owning a BMW is the 4 years of maintenance, oil changes, brakes, etc. that comes free.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Absolutely did, haha. One of the best parts of owning a BMW is the 4 years of maintenance, oil changes, brakes, etc. that comes free.
Well... it use to be like that but not anymore :( For your car it's only 3 years, not the brakes and it won't transfer to the next owner... You probably wouldn't hit the brakes anyway but the bigger negative is no more free windshield wipers.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmmm, maybe I just assumed. It was 4 years on my M5 and M6. Guess I didn't pay close attention to this one. In either case, it's a nice incentive and more manufacturers are doing the same these days.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, they cut back the benefits for 2017+ models. The BMW dealership made me sign an acknowledgement that I was informed that the benefits had changed since so many people were expecting the old incentives.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So is car buying designed around people being utterly retarded?

Looking at new Tacoms since I might be picking one up in the next few months. Looking at Autotrader they have have pages of brand new 2018s, 4x4 off road package all listed at $34,500 more or less. Then I come across a 2017, with 30k miles, 4x4 but no off road package, listed for $35,400. Granted who knows what the actual sale price is on these trucks, but how retarded are people that you can list a year older truck with 30k miles for more than a brand new truck with no miles and more features?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Looking at new Tacoms since I might be picking one up in the next few months. Looking at Autotrader they have have pages of brand new 2018s, 4x4 off road package all listed at $34,500 more or less. Then I come across a 2017, with 30k miles, 4x4 but no off road package, listed for $35,400. Granted who knows what the actual sale price is on these trucks, but how retarded are people that you can list a year older truck with 30k miles for more than a brand new truck with no miles and more features?

That's how dealerships operate. Rather than providing you a product at a specific price, they try to fuck you over as much as possible hoping you're dumb enough to accept it. I had a friend that sold cars that explained the entire process to me. I was absolutely appalled at some of the shit he did to people to get a sale. I ended up cutting ties to him completely afterwards because he had sold me a car when I was 18 and did all of the shit he talked about to me. Some friend.

I will email them an offer, if they accept I will go through my bank to get the loan and refuse to show up until the paperwork is ready to sign. They are sub human scum.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I bought an '18 Jeep Compass the other day. I'm going to temporarily use it as my new Uber/Lyft vehicle as soon as the official plates come in, then convert my '09 VW Jetta Wagon into a Turo rental. I'll start earning on that, then once I see how it does, I'm planning on buying either an '18 or '19 Chrysler Pacifica Limited with all the works from Oregon and shipping it out here. Then I'll use that as my Uber/Lyft daily driver, and add the Jeep into my Turo pool as well. Getting rental income from two cars (might) be good. We'll see.

• 1Picard

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
.... I thought it was pretty heavily considered uber/lyft long term is an awful job. Like once you factor in cost of miles/service/wear etc on the vehicle + the hours and randomness to the pay. Maybe if you are retired and bored, but still.

Forget name, but saw a service that is for trucks to haul peoples home depot loads and shit, that mildly tempted me as long as I'm not accepting beds of river rock to blow my suspension out over time.

Siliconemelons

Forget name, but saw a service that is for trucks to haul peoples home depot loads and shit, that mildly tempted me as long as I'm not accepting beds of river rock to blow my suspension out over time.

Damnit! I said that idea out loud a few months ago (and 'uber' for home depot shit etc.) and no one knew of anything like it existing... the matrix is real >_<

Hachima

Molten Core Raider

Well just look at Burren's post :) if I were to compare it with dealer listings it may look bad but these listings seem a little suspicious for the rates...
AHZY6tn.png

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well just look at Burren's post :) if I were to compare it with dealer listings it may look bad but these listings seem a little suspicious for the rates...
AHZY6tn.png

They quote the "monthly" but don't tell you that's calculated with 15% down, cash. My $70,000 M4 with $6,000 off sticker netted me $824 per month. Not sure how a $90,000 car would net $826.

All games to them.

Vinen

God is dead
Loving my 2018 BMW 530e xDrive. Took delivery at the end of May.
Gets me back and forth from work on electric and has great pickup. Faster 0-60 than a normal 530 (by .2s)

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
No. When I moved here, I had a '13 Mercedes C300 that was on a lease. I didn't want to break the lease, so I spent $1,020.00 sending it over here.

I bought the VW used for $7k back in July '17, then put an additional $2k into it for a new AC pump (AC didn't work previously), new tires, new head unit with blue tooth and a backup camera. So I bought it for $9k after all is said and done. It's a good car, and it runs great. I take exceptional care of it, and do all the maintenance myself. It should make a nice Turo vehicle. The exterior has some damage on the front and back bumpers (previous owner), but the car runs perfect. Plus, it's a wagon so you can carry more shit. I like wagons.