No dentists.

Why bros? Why?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I hit a little mud up in the Sierras last week. I spent 2.5 hours pressure washing that shit off once I got home.

2019-07-14 13.20.50.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Thinking about getting a 2020 Outback with the new turbo they’re coming out with. It was a choice between the OB or a Tacoma as my “utility vehicle” and the OB fits the bill more for me. Not to mention 3500lb towing capacity so I could get a trailer for anything bigger.

I’m in the Bay Area and want the AWD for snow, trails, etc. Plus I think slightly lifted OBs look slick.

ogi1-2020-subaru-outback-001.jpg

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
On a whim, showed my wife a veloster N. Somehow she loved the looks when I was expecting her to vomit. That devolved into ordering a limited run Veloster Rally in matte blue from california. Lots of little knicks and problems from the first owner, but otherwise looks pretty good in the color and we both had fun learning stick on it. I am pretty comfortable at this point, she's still working on it. She may stick with the Rally due to better interior by far etc. (Not like she's a speed demon to appreciate the N's power).

I would get to drive her N if she got it, but kinda now that I've unlocked manual cars to my skillset kinda been flirting around with reasonably fast manuals, especially for winter and it's too cold for my motorcycle. As a for fun car, don't want to drop big money on it, 22k on the bike was enough as is. Might increase my options if I actually end up selling my Tundra to my dad, though that would leave me with sports car and a bike for winter driving lol. I used to always want 370z especially with rev matching that I heard worked well on it. Local market a little spare, and many in downright ugly colors but still seems reasonable prices in the teens. Not really wanting to get anything really old, because I can't work on cars myself much if nothing else.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Sold the VW Caddy

Bought a black Skoda Octavia Combi. Panorama Sunroof, all the assistant stuff, I'm so excited.
I'll have to wait another eight days until I can pick it up and these are the longest eight days of my life.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I just went from a 2004 Nissan Xterra to a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad. I live in S Fla currently but have plans to return back home to the mountains of NC and figured I'll drive the tires off this truck so might as well get the offroad.

I've yet to even jump into what all the touch screen shit does and the off road options, I found a bluegrass/actual country music station on the free XM radio shit and wonder why my cheap ass didn't get a new car sooner. Day two of ownership and I took it into the drainage ditches of our shipping yard in 4H to see how it did much to the chagrin of the ladyfriend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

That's a pretty good run for a Nissan--think everyone I've known who owned one had fatal transmission problems by year 6 or 7.

My 2012 leaf is fine... I mean...it doesn't have a transmission - but... lol

Mother in-law's Altima is good and wife's QX60 is good still but it's a 2016

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
That's a pretty good run for a Nissan--think everyone I've known who owned one had fatal transmission problems by year 6 or 7.

Yup my 2006 Sentra dropped a thrust bearing into the oil pan at 94k. I was super pissed about. Fuck Nissans.

The company financials just validate their systemic issues with subpar cars.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just tested this M5 last week, went from Germany to Switzerland. Impressive.
Coulnd't drive past 240ish km/h due to traffic condition, but it's quite incredible how fast it can accelerate from 200km/h to higher speed.
Picture in front of the family chalet!
M5.jpg

A bit expensive for now but maybe for later !

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What are the best review/comparison sites? Edmunds, News and World report, etc?

Looking at changing cars from a Mazda 3 to a mid size suv. Love 4Runners but shopping around. Kia Telluride looks nice for the price...

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Just get the 4Runner. It's basically unchanged for 10 years and still made in Japan, so they're pretty much bullet proof. Only hit against them might be fuel mileage. Resale on the 4Runner will be very good. The Kia resale will drop like a rock after 6 years or so.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Looking at changing cars from a Mazda 3 to a mid size suv. Love 4Runners but shopping around. Kia Telluride looks nice for the price...

Edmunds, KellyBB, TrueCar, CarGuru, all look like they are built to sell you cars and trucks; I wouldn't trust any of them.

Reading the enthusiast forums for the vehicle you are looking for will get you the best idea of what is going wrong with the various models, then you can just go drive them for most other opinions you need to make. If resale is a concern, the forums, generally, have a "for sale by owner" section, with archived posts of vehicles that actually sold, so you can see how well the vehicles are, traditionally, holding their value.

I know 4runners have a big following, so I'm sure they have a very active community, but I'm not sure how many people buying KIA would be in the enthusiast crowd.

I dont own a 4Runner, so, I have never used this one, but it looks very active: Toyota-4Runner.org

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Still on my hunt for a MY2016+ XC90... got a few months to still track one down...

Did a ton more test driving and the Volvo still tops the list for comfort and features

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

I have a 2014. It's a nice solid vehicle - AMA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Anyone here have a new Ranger? I'd like to get one, but I want to talk to someone who already has one.

I drove the new Explorer that is the same platform as the ranger... tons of room up front for me...but I am sure the truck dash and interior is much different. It drove nice.