What vehicle do you drive?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Lmao who would pay even msrp for a larp hoax “luxury” car
All luxury cars are wildly overpriced for what you get. Proof is the wild depreciation. Smart people don't pay cash for them anyway. 75% of all luxury car sales are company leases. People who pay cash for them are either a)stupid or, b)so rich it doesn't matter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
All luxury cars are wildly overpriced for what you get. Proof is the wild depreciation. Smart people don't pay cash for them anyway. 75% of all luxury car sales are company leases. People who pay cash for them are either a)stupid or, b)so rich it doesn't matter.
I don’t deny they’re overpriced especially for the name. I’m a b and it fucking rocks.

• 1Harrow

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I said "daily driver". You think I'm whipping out my Huracán to get keyed at work? LOL.
Yeaaaaa man. I dunno.. it’s still a Kia. Those have always been like peak poor cars along with geo trackers.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeaaaaa man. I dunno.. it’s still a Kia. Those have always been like peak poor cars along with geo trackers.
Not anymore, homie. KIA's reliability ratings are through the fuckin' roof and they have one of the best warranties in the business. They're basically doing what late 90s/early 2k Toyota did.

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not anymore, homie. KIA's reliability ratings are through the fuckin' roof and they have one of the best warranties in the business. They're basically doing what late 90s/early 2k Toyota did.

And they - plus Genesis - look way better than their competition. I know Foler Foler likes to act all tough, but they are good cars for the money.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
And they - plus Genesis - look way better than their competition. I know Foler Foler likes to act all tough, but they are good cars for the money.
I’ve been pretty impressed with genesis tbh. Never owned or sat in one but seems they provide all the luxury car shit for a quarter of the price. I’d say a genesis would be an acceptable daily beater driver.

• 1Harrow

Fucker

Log Wizard
They certainly getting good ROI from their managaement and design teams. Also avoided automitive gingivitis that is ruining so many brands.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
G70 actually has the same engine as my GT2 Stinger. They're practically the same car, honestly. You're just paying slightly more on the G70 for a very very slightly improved interior and a "smoother" ride instead of a "sportier" ride. G70 is probably what I'll swap to if they officially end production of the Stinger. I just massively prefer the Stinger bodystyle over the G70.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. It has 180K miles on it. It's manual transmission, and all but my youngest kids learned to drive on it. It has given us zero problems, and other than regular maintenance has had no issues. It has been a work horse for us, and gets good mileage (still). Any dumbass can buy a high performance car. Finding the gems that are affordable and reliable is far more important. It's not a poor/rich issue, it's a smart/dumb issue.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^ Agree. Anyone over the age of like 25 and still gives a shit what their car is other than reliable transport is a fucking dumb ass. So many other good things to spend your moneys on.

• 4Like
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 4 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Car price are insane. I bought my new dual motor Tesla 3 here for 72k cad with taxes. Got 8K from the gov so I paid 64k for it. After 2 years of use I could resell it 69k. Also they stopped the gov rebate on my model 1 month after I got it.

The base price for my car is now 83-84kcad with taxes.

(Old picture I posted 1-2 years ago)
1642170498985.png

TBH it's the cheapest car I ever owned. Electricity is cheap in Québec. It's 100-150$ cheaper per month If I compare with my old GTI that used to cost me 700$ + 275$ of gas a month or my Mazda 3 CX3 AWD that was 630$ + 350$. (yeah I drive alot)

Not gonna lie winter is hard on battery. I don't know how non Tesla owner with less than 400 km(250 miles) does. Mine is 530 km and I get around 400km in the winter. I have the Chademo adapter because sometime I go where there are no supercharger (North of the province) and it give me acces to the Hydro-Québec chargers that are pretty decent TBH.

My issues so far...

-One stich on the steering broke and the changed my steering wheel.
-They changed twice my mobile charger.(Charger that come with the car) I use it everyday and probably give it 10 years of normal use in a year. The current one is in protected in a box.
-They replaced something in my front supension.
-One of my tire sensor stopped working
They fixed all of this free of charge and for everything except my suspension issue they repaired it in my parking lot while I was at home.

The best advantage
-After divorce I bought a condo. Idon't have a garage spot anymore. 50% of car is glass. I never have to remove snow from it since pre heating for 20 mins remove all the ice and snow.
-Tesla superchargers.

I work in video game industry and I love how reporting an issue is like reporting a bug.

I like it as much as I loved my old GTI for different reasons. Loved my GTI go kart feeling and I think it's the perfect hatchback format. The Tesla is powerful but does not feel as nimble. The Tesla is impressive when you take in consideration that it weight as much as an F150.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Kia today isn’t the Kia from 10-20 years ago. The stinger is a badass car, especially for the price.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
^^ Agree. Anyone over the age of like 25 and still gives a shit what their car is other than reliable transport is a fucking dumb ass. So many other good things to spend your moneys on.
Meh, it’s just like a hobby for some people. I go for reliability and it’s boring, I don’t blame people for getting badass cars. I’ve driven a few performance cars and it’s a blast, just not something I want to put money towards.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You're both right. Prices for everything are ridiculous right now, new and used. There are no deals and the days of 10-12% off sticker may not come back for another year or two. Every time I look for something I see 20-50% (yes, 50 percent) markups on "used" cars with 100 miles. Flippers and dealers all playing games.
It's funny. I bought my Ridgeline last February and had to pay sticker price. I was very annoyed that that was the best deal I could get. Looking at current prices, I guess it was a deal...

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
It's funny. I bought my Ridgeline last February and had to pay sticker price. I was very annoyed that that was the best deal I could get. Looking at current prices, I guess it was a deal...
The ridge line is a lesbian “truck”

• 1Harrow

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The ridge line is a lesbian “truck”
Seeing as I get a lot of pussy, it makes sense.

If this post gets 5 Worfs, I'll send Foler to the swamp for the weekend.

• 10Worf
  • 4Double Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I saw an article talking about people paying over MSRP now and some dude paid $70k for a $51k Kia Telluride. Fuuuuuuuck that.

I’m somehow getting the turbo outback for under msrp. If they tried to go over msrp I’d tell them to get fucked, sell it to some other sucker.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Car price are insane. I bought my new dual motor Tesla 3 here for 72k cad with taxes. Got 8K from the gov so I paid 64k for it. After 2 years of use I could resell it 69k. Also they stopped the gov rebate on my model 1 month after I got it.

The base price for my car is now 83-84kcad with taxes.

(Old picture I posted 1-2 years ago)
View attachment 392899

TBH it's the cheapest car I ever owned. Electricity is cheap in Québec. It's 100-150$ cheaper per month If I compare with my old GTI that used to cost me 700$ + 275$ of gas a month or my Mazda 3 CX3 AWD that was 630$ + 350$. (yeah I drive alot)

Not gonna lie winter is hard on battery. I don't know how non Tesla owner with less than 400 km(250 miles) does. Mine is 530 km and I get around 400km in the winter. I have the Chademo adapter because sometime I go where there are no supercharger (North of the province) and it give me acces to the Hydro-Québec chargers that are pretty decent TBH.

My issues so far...

-One stich on the steering broke and the changed my steering wheel.
-They changed twice my mobile charger.(Charger that come with the car) I use it everyday and probably give it 10 years of normal use in a year. The current one is in protected in a box.
-They replaced something in my front supension.
-One of my tire sensor stopped working
They fixed all of this free of charge and for everything except my suspension issue they repaired it in my parking lot while I was at home.

The best advantage
-After divorce I bought a condo. Idon't have a garage spot anymore. 50% of car is glass. I never have to remove snow from it since pre heating for 20 mins remove all the ice and snow.
-Tesla superchargers.

I work in video game industry and I love how reporting an issue is like reporting a bug.

I like it as much as I loved my old GTI for different reasons. Loved my GTI go kart feeling and I think it's the perfect hatchback format. The Tesla is powerful but does not feel as nimble. The Tesla is impressive when you take in consideration that it weight as much as an F150.

Wow, looked mine up and can sell it for 29k more than I paid last year.

As for Kia, looks like the Korean cars are outselling Hondas here for the first time ever :