What vehicle do you drive?

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
When I was picking up my Taycan the salesmen was telling me about how crazy pricing is on certain cars right now. His wife works for the same dealer group at Mercedes and he said G63s with an msrp of $160k were selling instantly at $290k. They even had to stop selling to someone who had bought 8 from them because he was just buying at $290k and flipping them the same day at $340k. An Urus or a Bentayga can be had for that price, and they are not doubling msrp. Makes no sense to me

• 1Wow!
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Spoke to a few dealerships today about Elantra N's. ZERO inventory in Northeast, but I can place a $100 deposit to build/order one. 2-6 month wait time, selling at MSRP.

Timing would kind of be nice to avoid buying in the winter, gives me the summer to enjoy and figure out snow tires for next winter as the stock Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's will not cut it obviously.

I put the deposit down on my Veloster N at a new dealership that doesn't do a bunch of dumbshit. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
1643254194145.png

GIF - GIF dafuq, incredulous, o rly, oh really,, OMG, say what,, shocked,  surprised, wtf, skeptical, you don't say GIF - Viral Viral Videos

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When I fill my car up, like 30% of the price is fuel cost, the rest is taxes, and taxes on top of those taxes.

Whatever fuel cars will run on, the government / Europe will always claim this income.

Invest into illegal petrol import towards Europe, shit is going to be worth more then weed soon.

For info, its 90$ to fill a 4-series tank. Well guess that is for 4/5th of a tank. 55 liters tops at current price.

There's something to work out a national per mile car tax in one of those recent spending monstrosities. Specifically because they just now realized that electric cars don't have to pay gasoline taxes.....

And in California they want to tax people every year who own solar panels because it deprives the state of the taxes they charge on electricity.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I don't understand why anyone would want that car. It's not that fast. You still can't drive it at it's maximum speed. It's over priced. It's nothing but a vanity car.

Whatever. Different strokes and all that.
All sports cars are vanity cars.

Hard to believe it is already almost 20 years old!

• 1Moron

Fucker

Log Wizard
When I was picking up my Taycan the salesmen was telling me about how crazy pricing is on certain cars right now. His wife works for the same dealer group at Mercedes and he said G63s with an msrp of $160k were selling instantly at $290k. They even had to stop selling to someone who had bought 8 from them because he was just buying at $290k and flipping them the same day at $340k. An Urus or a Bentayga can be had for that price, and they are not doubling msrp. Makes no sense to me
Taken a few days ago. G63 popular because it is the in car. Urus and Bentley never were popular.

122.jpeg

• 1Mother of God

Fucker

Log Wizard
Quite the interesting stick/dash. Not sure I see the appeal at 2 millie, fml.
Production variant of a Le Mans Prototype class car they developed but cancelled. V-10 also LMP derived. Way too much car for the street. Graham Rahal had one but sold it because it was dangerous on the street. His CGT is the one that Paul Walker died in.

Limited edition Porsches all the craze right now.

I missed the bid by $2MM

• 1Worf

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
One of the last top tier exotics with manual and no aids.

Killing Paul Walker makes it the real hero car in my book. They tried to corner on an LA street, at 100mph, with old tires turned to stone, classic ygwyfd.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of the last top tier exotics with manual and no aids.

Killing Paul Walker makes it the real hero car in my book. They tried to corner on an LA street, at 100mph, with old tires turned to stone, classic ygwyfd.

That's pretty dark and unwarranted. You do know Walker gave massively to charity and was incredibly humble, right? He was the opposite of a Hollywood shit-bag. His whole estate actually went to charity.

• 2Like
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
That's pretty dark and unwarranted. You do know Walker gave massively to charity and was incredibly humble, right? He was the opposite of a Hollywood shit-bag. His whole estate actually went to charity.
Enough years have passed that Paul Walker would find his own death jokes funny.

7DFD9C6F-A030-4FA7-B995-776643388A61.gif
153ECC53-7D3D-426B-BCA9-E4249161E43C.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand why anyone would want that car. It's not that fast. You still can't drive it at it's maximum speed. It's over priced. It's nothing but a vanity car.

Whatever. Different strokes and all that.

It's not about the car. It's about converting large sums of money into investments that hopefully will appreciate over time. If you have millions, there are a few known routes to take:

Art
Real estate
Antiques (cars)

These assets also can't be tracked as easily as something like the stock market. You can spend $40 million on a Picasso and that painting will disappear from human view for decades. You buy a car for millions and that thing just stays parked while it's value grows, no one is the wiser.

If I told you to spend $2 million on anything, and that you would get back $3 million in 5 years........would you even care what you spent the $2 million on? For lots of people it's just an means to an end.

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
It's not about the car. It's about converting large sums of money into investments that hopefully will appreciate over time. If you have millions, there are a few known routes to take:

Art
Real estate
Antiques (cars)

These assets also can't be tracked as easily as something like the stock market. You can spend $40 million on a Picasso and that painting will disappear from human view for decades. You buy a car for millions and that thing just stays parked while it's value grows, no one is the wiser.

If I told you to spend $2 million on anything, and that you would get back $3 million in 5 years........would you even care what you spent the $2 million on? For lots of people it's just an means to an end.

I understand what you're saying, but cars are a poor investment. It's pretty rare that if you buy a performance vehicle it will appreciate in five years. Depreciation is the name of the game with most cars.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
cars are a poor investment. It's pretty rare that if you buy a performance vehicle it will appreciate in five years. Depreciation is the name of the game with most cars.
Honda Civics or Mercedes GLCs that they produce by the millions? Yeah, of course. But limited run cars or even stuff like a BMW 1M costs around 14kish more than it did in 2011.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Dealers selling at msrp getting swamped and sitting comms. Found one place in Kansas yakking offers to be delivery at msrp. Guy got so swamped he deleted post.

Rustled because at one point he had answered he was free i reply in a minute and ghost since then.

Graphics cards , bullets and cars, all fucked by corona self inflicted bullshit.