What vehicle do you drive?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Foler is the sort of person who would wear shorts while driving a Ferrari though. At night no less.
Or, something weird I’ve seen a few times. Guys driving Ferraris wearing full Ferrari swag. I saw a guy in a Ferrari at Whole Foods yesterday get out of the car with a Ferrari shirt, jacket, AND cap. I’d say maybe he’s a service guy or something but I don’t (hope) he’d take a service car to WF.

I was at the bar of a restaurant a couple of years ago and another guy was at the bar. Ferrari jacket and cap. He had a Ferrari keychain he ever so conveniently placed on the bar with a huge Ferrari fob on it. I think they’re trying to say “HAY ASK ME ABOUT MY FERRARI.”

I’ve seen this several times before. Never with other exotics.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Autobahn just over the border is unlimited so it's entirely legal. Save 20ish Euro on a full tank in Germany compared to Dutch prices which are utterly insane now.

usd/gal prices below

View attachment 399678

I know bud, it is just more fun to do it where 70 mph is the limit.

I'm from Belgium though, tanking in Germany doesn't do me any favors.

If you think Netherlands has crazy gas prices, try checking the taxes they charge on cars. Putting something like a sportsy chevrolet on the road is easily 30k+ more expensive then in Belgium.

Netherlands traffic is mostly stuff like Opel Corsa, Renault Clio, Volkswagen Polo. In fact i'd say 50% of their traffic is those 3 tin cans, in varying ages. Anything other then that is out of range for the working class, unless its a large family with 1 vehicle.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or, something weird I’ve seen a few times. Guys driving Ferraris wearing full Ferrari swag. I saw a guy in a Ferrari at Whole Foods yesterday get out of the car with a Ferrari shirt, jacket, AND cap. I’d say maybe he’s a service guy or something but I don’t (hope) he’d take a service car to WF.

I was at the bar of a restaurant a couple of years ago and another guy was at the bar. Ferrari jacket and cap. He had a Ferrari keychain he ever so conveniently placed on the bar with a huge Ferrari fob on it. I think they’re trying to say “HAY ASK ME ABOUT MY FERRARI.”

Its a brand for people who need attention and need validation from everyone else. A lot of Ferrari owners have low self esteem.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
You know who has even lower self esteem? People who pretend they own a Ferrari.

• 13Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

Ferrari is a fashion brand that also makes cars. They make more money selling branded swag than they make from selling cars.

It is a luxury brand like all the others whose primary purpose is to signal wealth to other people.

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I've met some really awesome owners over the years who appreciate all brands and who are humble. But, there aren't as many as there should be.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
These dealerships man, I've been battling them for about a month now and they've pushed up the price on the Veloster N so high that I might as well save and get Supra or something. What's sad is people are still buying these with 5-10k markups. I'm almost okay with a 2-3k markup but they've now jumped to insane levels.

I was considering getting something a lot cheaper and just saving for the 3.0 Supra but shit is so out of control there isn't much out there that I would consider "cheap" and reliable.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I've met some really awesome owners over the years who appreciate all brands and who are humble. But, there aren't as many as there should be.

I know I’m biased, but the douchiest, flashiest guys I’ve met have been Lambo owners. Their cars tend to be some outrageous neon color so you can’t miss seeing them on the road, and most are the living definition of nouveau riche.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ferrari's designs were so much fucking sexier back in the late 90s/early 00s. I'd still be a Ferrari guy if they didn't look like shit now.

Fuck, even Porsche designs better looking "super cars" nowadays and I think Porsches are a poor man's first sports car.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ferrari's designs were so much fucking sexier back in the late 90s/early 00s. I'd still be a Ferrari guy if they didn't look like shit now.

Fuck, even Porsche designs better looking "super cars" nowadays and I think Porsches are a poor man's first sports car.

Yeah I've been loving Porsche lately, still can't afford one though.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Its a brand for people who need attention and need validation from everyone else. A lot of Ferrari owners have low self esteem.

Ferrari is a fashion brand that also makes cars. They make more money selling branded swag than they make from selling cars.

It is a luxury brand like all the others whose primary purpose is to signal wealth to other people.
All things that people who can’t afford a Ferrari would say.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Imbecile

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. Depending on age, condition and configuration, I would guess Burren Burren 's GT3 is worth more than my Ferrari, so Porsche's definitely aren't just for poors. Plus, anybody who's tried to get a late 80's air-cooled Porsche can attest how ridiculously expensive they are.

Also, as annoying as Lambo owners are, I find high-end Porsche owners to be the opposite. Porsche owners tend to be true car lovers and are the most knowledgeable about cars in general.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know I’m biased, but the douchiest, flashiest guys I’ve met have been Lambo owners. Their cars tend to be some outrageous neon color so you can’t miss seeing them on the road, and most are the living definition of nouveau riche.

Yeah, I've seen that. But, I've also seen some who are just energetic, bombastic, eccentric people and like to have fun.

I think, bottom line, there's good and bad everywhere. Except Foler, he's just a sad, sad little man.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I may be biased now that I'm in the Porsche club, but in general Porsche is the last beacon of driver's cars in the sports car world. A GT branded Porsche is a better driving car than almost anything coming from Ferrari or whoever else (though my dream is still a prancing pony in a few years lol)

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user