What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Welp, they tried to fuck me, lol.

I asked for an out the door price including TTL and fees. They sent me a price of $35,204.00... I get the loan process started tell my bank to get it all sorted and they call me back with a price of $38k, they didn't add the TTL and fees with the price and paperwork they sent me. Guess I'm out for awhile, I'm tired of fucking with these pricks that can't understand basic instructions.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Order slots for the new Emira opened yesterday. Found put I'm #74 on my dealer's list and can't spec until July or August, lol. Oh well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Order slots for the new Emira opened yesterday. Found put I'm #74 on my dealer's list and can't spec until July or August, lol. Oh well.
Very nice, always had a soft spot for Lotus. You going after the supercharged v6?

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Very nice, always had a soft spot for Lotus. You going after the supercharged v6?

Yup. Last ICE from Lotus (so they say, who knows) and manual. No one should even consider the automatic 4-pot. Won't be a super fast car, but damn it's pretty and will handle beautifully.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If anyone is having issues buying vehicles, check up north in the US. I've found a few now that aren't scumbags. Specifically the Walser dealerships.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So my new Outback has the engine idle shutoff thing that I fucking hate. Luckily you can just turn it off every time you start the car (I wish that had memory to stay off permanently). I found there’s an info screen that keeps track of the idle off time over the life of the car and tells you how much gas it has saved. So I thought oh cool I’ve always wondered what we are really gaining from such a terrible feature so I let it do it’s thing for a while.

So, to save ONE gallon of gas, you need to let it idle off for about 200 minutes total. Since the engine only stays off about 30 seconds per idle event you need to let it idle off about 400 times…to save ONE gallon of gas. You aren’t even saving a fucking penny every time you let it idle off. Meanwhile your steering is locked up and your acceleration in an emergency would have a slight delay. Not to mention the wear of restarting your car 400 times per gallon saved. What a fucking stupid ass feature, god damn our regulations are terrible.

Anyways here’s the car, didn’t have a pic before. Going to tint the windows when I get some time.

22D22D9D-FBA0-44A6-A50C-DDCD92074C07.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So my new Outback has the engine idle shutoff thing that I fucking hate. Luckily you can just turn it off every time you start the car (I wish that had memory to stay off permanently). I found there’s an info screen that keeps track of the idle off time over the life of the car and tells you how much gas it has saved. So I thought oh cool I’ve always wondered what we are really gaining from such a terrible feature so I let it do it’s thing for a while.

So, to save ONE gallon of gas, you need to let it idle off for about 200 minutes total. Since the engine only stays off about 30 seconds per idle event you need to let it idle off about 400 times…to save ONE gallon of gas. You aren’t even saving a fucking penny every time you let it idle off. Meanwhile your steering is locked up and your acceleration in an emergency would have a slight delay. Not to mention the wear of restarting your car 400 times per gallon saved. What a fucking stupid ass feature, god damn our regulations are terrible.

Anyways here’s the car, didn’t have a pic before. Going to tint the windows when I get some time.

View attachment 402848
Many cars have some kind of work around, my jag has a simple fuse you pull.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Many cars have some kind of work around, my jag has a simple fuse you pull.
Mine is a button on the main screen so it’s not a huge deal. It’s the first button I press when I start up. I’ll look up a workaround anyways though. If it’s just a fuse pull that doesn’t affect anything else, sweet.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Mine is a button on the main screen so it’s not a huge deal. It’s the first button I press when I start up. I’ll look up a workaround anyways though. If it’s just a fuse pull that doesn’t affect anything else, sweet.
100bucks

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
100bucks
I’ll look into it. Previous years the setting was buried under a few menus. People bitched so much it’s on the Home Screen now so it’s not a huge deal to tap it on startup, I just forget sometimes.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a result of cars being designed around the standard emissions test which includes some idle time. The gas saved doesn't include the extra amount you burn recharging the battery either, since they can start the test with a full battery and most cars use some way of not charging the battery unless it's below 80% charge or the car is braking (using essentially a minor form of regenerative braking). So basically some CO2 is saved during the test by not running the engine and ending with a lower battery charge%.

BMW has for years used a start button with the "auto start/stop off" button directly attached to it, which I always took as a subtle wink by the engineers to turn that shit off as soon as you start the car.

1647075842225.png

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I had that feature on my 2000 Honda Insight, but it would only work if the ventilation was completely off. So it never worked lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had that feature on my 2000 Honda Insight, but it would only work if the ventilation was completely off. So it never worked lol
My dad had the first insight ever built, the old tiny two seater one with wheel skirts. That thing was so dumb, but he loved it. He would even do the hyper miling bullshit. Any time he had to get groceries it was two bags at a time, it had a mini cooler for a trunk basically.

• 1Worf

jeydax

Death and Taxes
We just got a 2022 Outback for the wife. I don't know if I've ever even noticed the engine off thing, next time I drive it I'll have to pay attention.

Neat car so far. The auto-lane keep/self-driving whatever the hell its called is a straight up hell no for me. I don't think I'll ever be able to let a car drive itself. Supppppper weird feeling when you're in the driver's seat.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We just got a 2022 Outback for the wife. I don't know if I've ever even noticed the engine off thing, next time I drive it I'll have to pay attention.

Neat car so far. The auto-lane keep/self-driving whatever the hell its called is a straight up hell no for me. I don't think I'll ever be able to let a car drive itself. Supppppper weird feeling when you're in the driver's seat.
It doesn’t always turn off, not sure how it determines it. I turn it off as soon as I get in, it’s the A button in the lower left of the screen.

The auto drive is something I’d only use if I was getting tired and almost nodding off or something. I don’t care for it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Have you bashed your shin against the sharp lower part of the dash yet? Hitting it so hard it dented your shin and removed 2 inches of skin?

Great design putting something so pointed that low. Excellent feature to deter car thief’s maybe.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
LOL no I haven't. I've only driven it a handful of times but I'll pay attention to that next time I'm getting in it.

As far as the auto drive/lane control/whatever its called: I haven't used that in any other vehicle before so I have no frame of reference but it seems to be really herky jerky. I only used it for like 2 minutes before I said fuck that, way too scary.