What vehicle do you drive?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hand washed it and dried it, took it to the laser wash and hand dried it, took it home and applied 3 coats of wax, chemical guys has great products and I highly recommend them.
Wax? People still use wax? While it looks nice, it is way too labor intensive and last less than 3 months on a daily driver. The sealants are a much better product. There are even some DIY ceramic coats that, purportedly, last up to 2 years for a decent price. Although a ceramic coating is more difficult to apply (like wax).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wax? People still use wax? While it looks nice, it is way too labor intensive and last less than 3 months on a daily driver. The sealants are a much better product. There are even some DIY ceramic coats that, purportedly, last up to 2 years for a decent price. Although a ceramic coating is more difficult to apply (like wax).

I hand wash, clay bar, then use surfboard wax, so I get good grip.

Burns

I hand wash, clay bar, then use surfboard wax, so I get good grip.
Well, I guess if you enjoy the process, it may be worth it. I went hood surfing a few times, as a teenager, but it wasn't really my thing.

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
A simple toggle switch turns off all the lights, I installed it all myself. Apps let me switch the colors etc but I’ve grown found of just red and don’t like playing with the apps which is why the toggle switch goes to the last setting.

Don't waste time on the trolls. We're all adults here, and you're never too old to buy toys to make you happy.

That said, this particular model with those add-ons screams DUI, have you been pulled over yet? lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Don't waste time on the trolls. We're all adults here, and you're never too old to buy toys to make you happy.

That said, this particular model with those add-ons screams DUI, have you been pulled over yet? lol
I have a CDL I don’t drink and drive ever, and I rarely drink but that being said no I haven’t been pulled over.

• 1Worf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
This is what it looked like when I first got it, bought it down in the valley in McAllen by the border where my wife is from.

Attachments

• 72A227BE-9198-46F0-82C4-ADCDBA2F2069.jpeg
    72A227BE-9198-46F0-82C4-ADCDBA2F2069.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • 8A971EC2-169B-47B3-B39A-FD071BA98DB8.jpeg
    8A971EC2-169B-47B3-B39A-FD071BA98DB8.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 5B4B329F-5331-48BD-896E-CD1881607E0E.jpeg
    5B4B329F-5331-48BD-896E-CD1881607E0E.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 27
  • D3B1C088-D98C-4F9B-AA96-0DCC6F7DA955.jpeg
    D3B1C088-D98C-4F9B-AA96-0DCC6F7DA955.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 28
  • DD8727BB-F785-4965-9DE4-9CF6B36A9B1B.jpeg
    DD8727BB-F785-4965-9DE4-9CF6B36A9B1B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 1Bullshit

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
What price are we talking, everything I’ve heard is wildly fucking expensive like 1500-2000 to have a ceramic coating. I’ve put some money in the truck I’m no cheap bastard, muffler system was 1k, lift 1800, tonneau cover 1500, wheels and tires just under 4K,decals 300 for all of them, the RAM letters on the back 300, the LED kits are cheap the most expensive was the rock lights at 180 oh and Carven 5 inch black exhaust tips, put a truck bed mat as well for around 85. I’ll never spend a lot of money on a coating like that unless you know something reasonable I’m all ears. While I did all that to make it nice and shiny I was also spending time with my daughter and her own truck. She wants me to get paint the truck pink, I won’t do it.

A663F0E4-44D0-46B5-B26D-195556DDE1D0.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Had ceramic tinting put on the windows because it’s hot as fuck and had a weekend off for the first time in forever so I got around to installing my rock lights. The R in the LED grilled letters stopped working, bought some red RAM led letters to replace them but turns out they aren’t all the same size and the ones I ordered didn’t fit so I have to wait on ones that are the correct size. Even though I have the spray on bed liner I bought a rough country mat (didn’t take any pictures) that has stopped groceries and misc items from sliding around. Next project other than replacing the LED RAM grille letters will be a paint pen and painting the RC letters in the center of the mat red and the ROUGH COUNTRY letters at the tail of the mat red.

Here’s a few pics of it washed, waxed and all shined up and then later that night the pics of the rock lights. Was happy with the results of the rock lights, very bright and the truck being lifted sure as fuck made it easier sliding in and out.

View attachment 406539

View attachment 406540

View attachment 406541

View attachment 406542

View attachment 406543

View attachment 406544

View attachment 406545

View attachment 406546

View attachment 406547
ROFL I love the absurdity of the RGB. Is that streel legal in Texas? If so, I'm jealous. Can't use red in NV :(.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
ROFL I love the absurdity of the RGB. Is that streel legal in Texas? If so, I'm jealous. Can't use red in NV :(.
Its street legal provided you don’t run red and blue flashing, they do the color chase as well but it looks really fruity. Personally I like music mode or the knight rider fade mode.

Then inside is RGB’d as well, some might say it’s very Wakandanrdly inside.

• 1Rustled

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Bro that's a sweet trailer park. Double wide or single?
It’s a double wide, in a gated community filled with retired people only that when my wife’s parents die will rent out for around 1500 a month to snow birds that will only live there 5 months out of the year but will pay for the entirety of the year. They are triple vaxxed and nearly 70, they aren’t long for this earth.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

What price are we talking, everything I’ve heard is wildly fucking expensive like 1500-2000 to have a ceramic coating. I’ve put some money in the truck I’m no cheap bastard, muffler system was 1k, lift 1800, tonneau cover 1500, wheels and tires just under 4K,decals 300 for all of them, the RAM letters on the back 300, the LED kits are cheap the most expensive was the rock lights at 180 oh and Carven 5 inch black exhaust tips, put a truck bed mat as well for around 85. I’ll never spend a lot of money on a coating like that unless you know something reasonable I’m all ears. While I did all that to make it nice and shiny I was also spending time with my daughter and her own truck. She wants me to get paint the truck pink, I won’t do it.

View attachment 406722
I don't have much experience using a wide selection of these products, so most of this is relaying what I have read. The TLDR is at the bottom.

For a good polish/sealant you will pay the same, or slightly more than a good wax; only it should last much longer before you start noticing a loss of hydrophobicity (water beading).

Years ago, when I first switched to polish, from wax, I read a bunch of various opinions and reviews. Back then, the two names with a lot of support were Rejex ($27) and Zanio ($30). I went with Zanio and was impressed with the results once it got 3+ coats on it. Rejex was reported to be even easier to apply, but it didn't layer as well, to make a super high gloss shine (I've left Zanio on the car overnight and had no issues removing it, so dunno how much easier it could be).

Regardless, when my last bottle ran out a few months ago, I figured I would try something different. Started reading about all the various polish/sealants (mostly on Autogeek or Corvette Forum), and opinions are all over the place (which means there are probably a bunch of AIO polish/sealants that look close to the same on the vehicle). My main goal was to find something that lasted even longer, and eventually switched over the reading about DIY ceramic coating.

Unfortunately, I cant find the website of the dude who spent $1000s just trying different DIY ceramic coats over the years and then ranked them by sheen and longevity. I think his favorite for a super high gloss was around $300. I decided to try the cheapest with decent reviews, which was FEYNLAB Ceramic Lite for $48. It was also reported to be the "easiest," but it is as annoying to work with as wax. Shit dries fast, and if it sits too long, it is a bitch to get off. The whole process MUST be done in the shade, and on some paints (like mine) it is difficult to see where it has already been applied (and where you missed buffing it off) w/o the sun hitting it.

TLDR: Polish/sealant AIO is around the same prices as Wax; DIY ceramic coats can be as cheap as $50 and go up from there.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Sludig

Supposedly spy shots of a possible maverick st. A remake of fast mini trucks of old might be neat.

Burns

If your paint is in a good shape you can clay bar (and use Dr. Colorchip on chips) before the ceramic coat and be gtg. At least, if you aren't going for showroom quality (you can always find something more to do, and spend extra cash in pursuit of this).

The new clay bar replacement (mits or towel) is much easier to use, as well. You can even drop it and still use it (if you rinse it off well).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Dude I work with bought a $65k Jeep to go rock crawling with. He got some thick ceramic wrap on it for $5k. It works great but I wouldn’t pay that much, it really only works for all the small twig scratches he gets, can’t stop dents and dings obviously. He clipped a small boulder and of course it’s useless for that, has a 1 foot x 3 foot area of paint removed deep scratches and denting. Told him that’s why people rock climb with $15k jeeps lol