What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
GR86 looks absolutely insane with a black wrap on the front and some skirts/lips

Attachments

• 123_1(1).jpeg
    123_1(1).jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
almost a month in to my search for a new vehicle and I basically have one reserved thats inbound by the end of the month but it's not exactly what I want. Wrong color and missing some options I want. Thinking about rolling the dice, moving my deposit over to next months allocation and hoping. I've got 3 months left to find what I'm looking for hopefully it pans out.

How do you guys do this in the states? Like say your shit is totalled and you needed a car right now. Do you just drive around in a rental for months until the car you want is available or do you buy whatever crap is available on the lot?

This is pretty infuriating. thanks obama.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I went about 7 weeks with nothing, and I'm very flexible about the color. Got a call that someone with a more expensive model, but my preferred color, had cancelled on their order. I could reserve it for an hour. High tailed it out of work and slapped down my signature on it. God only knows how long it would have taken to get the exact car I wanted. Pretty happy with this one. Paid more than I should have probably, but as you said, the situation sucks right now.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
almost a month in to my search for a new vehicle and I basically have one reserved thats inbound by the end of the month but it's not exactly what I want. Wrong color and missing some options I want. Thinking about rolling the dice, moving my deposit over to next months allocation and hoping. I've got 3 months left to find what I'm looking for hopefully it pans out.

How do you guys do this in the states? Like say your shit is totalled and you needed a car right now. Do you just drive around in a rental for months until the car you want is available or do you buy whatever crap is available on the lot?

Before the global political fuck up it was easy to get a new (or used) car of any kind, anywhere. I always have about 5-6 cars in mind for daily use and 2-3 for fun, so there were options galore. Now, the cars exist, but they are over priced 10%-30% and NOT the options or color I would want. So, its now a matter of: go without and wait, or bite the bullet and deal with it.

Do you NEED a car? If yes, you might have to settle and that's a safer bet than being without a car entirely.

I inquired about ordering a car last week and was told its not possible and each dealer might only get 1 or 2 of said car with completely random color/option combinations and there's a list of 12 people ahead of me, just at the one dealer. When my name comes up, I get what I get. I said no thank you. Its a crap situation and it was orchestrated. Makes it very frustrating.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Dealership I have a deposit with told me they weren't expecting anything "better" than what I already have reserved to come in for at least 4-6 months, but I figured maybe they were just saying that so I would buy the car I have reserved when it comes in.

welp new month's allocations are in and through my feelers I have out with pretty much every dealership within 200 miles of Atlanta there are exactly 0 better versions of the car I want. There are a few equivalent vehicles but even worse colors and less options. They have some hybrids, even a few plug in hybrids (which weren't available before on the east coast) but they aren't fully loaded like what i'm looking for. It seems that due to the chip shortage the manufacturer is pushing out lower end base models without all the hi-tech bells and whistles just to get cars on the lots / offer lower price point options. Each dealership has like 4-6 vehicles in route now (vs like 2 each month previously) but they are all base models or premiums without all the luxury/tech packages.

So my reserved car came in and I pulled the trigger and bought it. should be getting shipped next week. The one advantage of Covid is due to the limitations on in-person interactions over the last 2 years, most of the dealerships have established protocols for internet sales.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Before the global political fuck up it was easy to get a new (or used) car of any kind, anywhere. I always have about 5-6 cars in mind for daily use and 2-3 for fun, so there were options galore. Now, the cars exist, but they are over priced 10%-30% and NOT the options or color I would want.
yea b4 covid we were thinking about getting a wrx, learning manual for fun

now maybe i'll just put a ricer spoiler on the imprezza and call it a day

Fucker

Log Wizard
Before the global political fuck up it was easy to get a new (or used) car of any kind, anywhere. I always have about 5-6 cars in mind for daily use and 2-3 for fun, so there were options galore. Now, the cars exist, but they are over priced 10%-30% and NOT the options or color I would want. So, its now a matter of: go without and wait, or bite the bullet and deal with it.

Do you NEED a car? If yes, you might have to settle and that's a safer bet than being without a car entirely.

I inquired about ordering a car last week and was told its not possible and each dealer might only get 1 or 2 of said car with completely random color/option combinations and there's a list of 12 people ahead of me, just at the one dealer. When my name comes up, I get what I get. I said no thank you. Its a crap situation and it was orchestrated. Makes it very frustrating.
Have you been following BAT much? Things are selling for truly boggling amounts, even standard stuff.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you been following BAT much? Things are selling for truly boggling amounts, even standard stuff.

Oh yes. On Rennlist there is a thread devoted to the sale of GT3s and the prices are mental. 997 Gen going for 60-80% over sticker (that's an 11-15 year old car) and the 991 Gen about the same mark ups. BAT used to be deals, now its where a seller can get top dollar.

Hell, a damn Acura Integra Type R sold last year on there for $114k. Two years ago that was a $30,000 car. To see an old suburban selling high makes me wonder wtf is wrong with people.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
wtf. the last 2 cars I owned before my kei truck I gave away, had I known this covid shit was going to do this to used car prices...

a 1997 Honda Integra Type R I paid like 2k for in Okinawa, I drove for 3 years then gave to a buddy who had just totaled his car right before I moved to mainland japan....sells for 20k. It would be available to export this year due to the 25 year rule.

before I came to Japan I had a 2000 Toyota Celica GTS I gave to my sister, who totaled it within a year...sells for 20k?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Oh yes. On Rennlist there is a thread devoted to the sale of GT3s and the prices are mental. 997 Gen going for 60-80% over sticker (that's an 11-15 year old car) and the 991 Gen about the same mark ups. BAT used to be deals, now its where a seller can get top dollar.

Hell, a damn Acura Integra Type R sold last year on there for $114k. Two years ago that was a $30,000 car. To see an old suburban selling high makes me wonder wtf is wrong with people.
People are nuts, and lots of people going to be upset with themselves when the market corrects. I've seen a few pre DEF diesel trucks pulling $60k+. Crazy to see a 355 pull that much.

A lot of people blowing their inheritances and 401k's to YOLO, I guess.

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same deal in Europe, even compared to a few months ago. Bought a BMW in January when the country was in full lockdown, looking at prices today for the same year, same engine the only one that is listed for what I paid has 50k more miles on it and fewer options. Most are listed 5-10k above what I paid.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Same deal in Europe, even compared to a few months ago. Bought a BMW in January when the country was in full lockdown, looking at prices today for the same year, same engine the only one that is listed for what I paid has 50k more miles on it and fewer options. Most are listed 5-10k above what I paid.

Boats are even nuttier. Not really the same thing but I bought a fishing boat in early 2020 when I realized shit was going to shut down. Paid about $45k for it. I can sell it for about $58k-$60k today.

1650926609170.png

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blasphemy moment. My leftover set of wheels from my jag are rashed pretty good and struggling to find a buyer quickly for a few hundred.

Someone's lowballing me $200, and afterngoogling 5x108 fitment. Appears these bastards might fit my maverick when it comes in, and therefore maybe the maverick st when it releases....... think offsets are like 38 and 52. Stock wheel is 38 on maverick albeit 18s. But i saw a few people fit 20s with like 245/45/20s. Mine are 295/30/20 and 255/35/20.

Wonder if parents can hold them while i move lol.

SmartSelect_20220406-085049_Photos.jpg

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blasphemy moment. My leftover set of wheels from my jag are rashed pretty good and struggling to find a buyer quickly for a few hundred.

Someone's lowballing me $200, and afterngoogling 5x108 fitment. Appears these bastards might fit my maverick when it comes in, and therefore maybe the maverick st when it releases....... think offsets are like 38 and 52. Stock wheel is 38 on maverick albeit 18s. But i saw a few people fit 20s with like 245/45/20s. Mine are 295/30/20 and 255/35/20.

Wonder if parents can hold them while i move lol.

View attachment 410373

artworks-000647686786-2id734-t500x500.jpg

My dude. Think about what you're saying...

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
welp the purchase process (actually just the paperwork portion) took a little longer than expected but my car should be arriving at my folks place on Thursday. I was initially slightly bummed about the color, first choice would of been cloudburst gray but I gotta say the obsidian is growing on me. Turns out I will be deploying again for at least a little while and will lose good internet to be able to do any kind of online/phone communication in a few weeks so I actually almost ran out of time to get this settled before I move back to the states this summer.

Registration/tax/insurance/etc is finally done, fam just has to go pick up the tag from the county office and put her in storage until I get home.

Side.jpg

Thanks FOH for all the help and suggestions walking me through the insanity that is Current Year post-covid New vehicle buying clown world.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users