What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Used supercar, at $100,000 budget, fast, beautiful, and bluetooth audio. Suggestions?

You won't get a "supercar" in any reliable shape under 200k these days. Even super sports cars command 200+.

100k gets you a Vette or a non-GT Porsche (both good sports cars) or a clapped out, shit-box R8 or similar.

150k and you can get good R8s, AMG GTs, used Aston Vantages, etc. I don't know what market you are in, but in TX Ferraris, Lambos, McLarens, GT Porsches are ALL over sticker whether new or used. Over by 20%-100%.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Used supercar, at $100,000 budget, fast, beautiful, and bluetooth audio. Suggestions?
This car market is fucked, so your mileage may vary, but traditionally you should buy sports cars in the winter months, if you want to get the best prices. So, start researching now, and pricing out cars for the next 8 months.

As Burren said, it's doubtful you will find any Ferrari, Lambo, or Aston for $100k or less but if you just want HP, a used Corvette Z06 is the best value and a Porsche is going to be the best handling car, for that money.

Corvette Forum has a pretty active used market and I think there is a Porsche equivalent forum that is very active too.

Is Lotus considered a super car? Since you should be able to get a used one of those for less than $100k as well.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
You won't get a "supercar" in any reliable shape under 200k these days. Even super sports cars command 200+.

100k gets you a Vette or a non-GT Porsche (both good sports cars) or a clapped out, shit-box R8 or similar.

150k and you can get good R8s, AMG GTs, used Aston Vantages, etc. I don't know what market you are in, but in TX Ferraris, Lambos, McLarens, GT Porsches are ALL over sticker whether new or used. Over by 20%-100%.
This car market is fucked, so your mileage may vary, but traditionally you should buy sports cars in the winter months, if you want to get the best prices. So, start researching now, and pricing out cars for the next 8 months.

As Burren said, it's doubtful you will find any Ferrari, Lambo, or Aston for $100k or less but if you just want HP, a used Corvette Z06 is the best value and a Porsche is going to be the best handling car, for that money.

Corvette Forum has a pretty active used market and I think there is a Porsche equivalent forum that is very active too.

Is Lotus considered a super car? Since you should be able to get a used one of those for less than $100k as well.

That's kinda what I've found from searching too.. Basically I could get a C8, or a Porsche Boxster/Cayman 718 S. I've owned a 718 S before and it's a fucking rocket ship.. Maybe the Corvette would be a fun change. I really liked the convertible aspect of the Boxster, it's a lot of fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Rennlist is the Porsche forum. Uber active.

Lotus is a sport car company. Low power and low weight for handling.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

There is no “super car” worthwhile at $100k. Maybe corvette but that’s like a poor man’s rich car. No head turning cars at least. Up your budget to $150k and you can get something exotic used. AM Vantage, DB7, Ferrari California, etc. Something that will stand out.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That's kinda what I've found from searching too.. Basically I could get a C8, or a Porsche Boxster/Cayman 718 S. I've owned a 718 S before and it's a fucking rocket ship.. Maybe the Corvette would be a fun change. I really liked the convertible aspect of the Boxster, it's a lot of fun.
Model 3 Performance is obviously the way to go :D

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The timing on this is hilarious

Man those are three great vehicles. the R8 wasn't even on my radar, thank you. My "impression" of a 911 is that it's probably the best engineered sports car in the world, is that true? I'd see the C8 as being muscle but the 911 would destroy it on the track.

Not that any of that really matters to drive to and from work and on date night - lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man those are three great vehicles. the R8 wasn't even on my radar, thank you. My "impression" of a 911 is that it's probably the best engineered sports car in the world, is that true? I'd see the C8 as being muscle but the 911 would destroy it on the track.

Not that any of that really matters to drive to and from work and on date night - lol
Have a neighbor that works at an exotic/high end car place and has a new one in his driveway every couple weeks. Has an R8 in his driveway today, I like it but the neighbor women think it’s fugly. The new corvette he had a couple months ago, everyone loved that. If you want something women are going to like the new vette, a Porsche, or bmw will work.

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I've owned several Corvette Zs and currently own a 911 GT3. Yet to own an R8, but friends have had them.

I'd take the P car over the others, but not as an every day vehicle. It's too loud and rough and the clutch is heavy. Did a 3 hour drive with Viper buddies today and had a blast, but was exhausted after.

The C8 will very likely be the best all-arounder unless you opt for a Carrera S (2 or 4). But, the Vette is priced better.

IMG_1704.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

I've owned several Corvette Zs and currently own a 911 GT3. Yet to own an R8, but friends have had them.

I'd take the P car over the others, but not as an every day vehicle. It's too loud and rough and the clutch is heavy. Did a 3 hour drive with Viper buddies today and had a blast, but was exhausted after.

The C8 will very likely be the best all-arounder unless you opt for a Carrera S (2 or 4). But, the Vette is priced better.

View attachment 414547
Silly, but think the c8 is a bit too flashy for a daily though. At least for a plebe parking in public lots. The porsches can be beget and more expensive but still blend in better and don't turn heads. Outside a gt500 maybe, that's why I liked the jag so much at first, got a lot more attention, even if it was essentially a mustang put into a British body.

That and i bet the c8 is a mother fucker with many parking lot curbs/ ramps. If love just to rent one for a few days to get out out of my system.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Silly, but think the c8 is a bit too flashy for a daily though. At least for a plebe parking in public lots. The porsches can be beget and more expensive but still blend in better and don't turn heads. Outside a gt500 maybe, that's why I liked the jag so much at first, got a lot more attention, even if it was essentially a mustang put into a British body.

That and i bet the c8 is a mother fucker with many parking lot curbs/ ramps. If love just to rent one for a few days to get out out of my system.

I thought on the video that introduced the C8 they said some shit about the C8 can raise itself for driveways, and also there was some GPS thing where like when you get close to home it would raise the car automatically?

Burns

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I thought on the video that introduced the C8 they said some shit about the C8 can raise itself for driveways, and also there was some GPS thing where like when you get close to home it would raise the car automatically?
I'm a bit surprised they included it as an option, but it's probably worth it to get the front end lift. It should eliminate most parking lot and entrance way issues, if you keep it at stock height.

You get used to the low low cars, but it certainly gets annoying. A few bottom outs on shitty Texas intersections and you learn real quick what to look for and to slow down going through any unfamiliar territory.

Sludig

But inevitably you still scrape and drives me mad. One lot in denver, no matter how much angle and creeping, my jag rubbed on the exit ramp.

Wonder how noticable a 1" lift would be if you didn't track lol. Or remains that if I go for abide go fast car it would be a more traditions height sedan/ hatchback.

Burns

But inevitably you still scrape and drives me mad. One lot in denver, no matter how much angle and creeping, my jag rubbed on the exit ramp.

Wonder how noticable a 1" lift would be if you didn't track lol. Or remains that if I go for abide go fast car it would be a more traditions height sedan/ hatchback.
The C4, C5, and C6 (and I think the C7) all have flexible air dams under the front bumper, and most of the time, when you hear a scrape, it's just that air dam. It is made to flex, and "cheap" to replace (~$150). Dunno what other vehicles have those, but a little scape here and there don't necessarily hurt much.

For the past ~10 years, I have been driving a car with 4 inch clearance on the front and probably a 6 inch clearance behind the front wheels. In the DFW and Houston areas, their weren't that many places that were off limits. Just had to use the whole road or entrance to go at an extreme angle. Of course it can still scrape, but in places that are unseen or easily fixed...so far.

One or two inches of lift on the front should make a world of difference. I keep planning on raising mine back to stock height, but just keep putting off the wrench turning then going to get a re-alignment (should have done it before getting new tires, the last time).

Additionally, that system on the C8 removes all flex in the front suspension, so you can really get some height if you go at an angle (as in the above video).

Last edited: