What vehicle do you drive?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got my intake installed and it was a fucking nightmare.

Brand new product from a well reputable company that came with no instructions and they didn't have any at all. I was told to reference the previous gen install for the same product which they also did not have any instructions for or any videos on the interwebs. I figured it out but one part was 100% whack-a-mole.

If I had not invested 4 hours on something that should have taken 20 mins in 100+ temps I would have sent it the fuck back. Regardless I now have glorious turbo noises and now I'm thinking about getting the clubsport exhaust upgrade.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Inline 6's really are about the best configuration when you look at them. Good vibration characteristics, easy to build, good power, can be built REALLY strong, etc etc. Why BMW ever went away from them for their small M cars is beyond me.

Current and last M3s have been straight 6s again, the foray into a V8 was only one generation. Last two are turbocharged though so while powerful they don't sound nearly as good. Not to even mention fake engine noise piped into the cabin through the speakers.

Think they're going to end up in a Porsche 911 situation where 30 year old ones are selling for more than brand new ones because they have an authenticity to them that is just no longer there in newer cars. If they're not already there, was at a dealer last week and they had probably 20 M cars on the lot and the only one that had a "don't touch" velvet rope around it was an E30 (out of production since 1991)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Current and last M3s have been straight 6s again, the foray into a V8 was only one generation. Last two are turbocharged though so while powerful they don't sound nearly as good. Not to even mention fake engine noise piped into the cabin through the speakers.

Think they're going to end up in a Porsche 911 situation where 30 year old ones are selling for more than brand new ones because they have an authenticity to them that is just no longer there in newer cars. If they're not already there, was at a dealer last week and they had probably 20 M cars on the lot and the only one that had a "don't touch" velvet rope around it was an E30 (out of production since 1991)

They don't show prices anymore because most are $80,000 - $150,000. But, people are buying quality examples all day.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

People buy those old cars for exclusivity, not anything to do with them being "better." They aren't better, not by any stretch of the imagination. I've driven every generation of M3 on the track up to the F80, and the E30 is a total shitbox by comparison. Those catch phrases they use "authenticity" and "moves the soul" are just buzzwords for "I can have this and you can't" because of exclusivity driven by unavailability and price.

Wake up.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People buy those old cars for exclusivity, not anything to do with them being "better." They aren't better, not by any stretch of the imagination. I've driven every generation of M3 on the track up to the F80, and the E30 is a total shitbox by comparison. Those catch phrases they use "authenticity" and "moves the soul" are just buzzwords for "I can have this and you can't" because of exclusivity driven by unavailability and price.

Wake up.

God damn, you're such an insufferable twat. They are SUBJECTIVELY better. There are a lot of cars that people enjoy BECAUSE of some flaws and character. BECAUSE they don't have 20 computers doing all the driving for them. The noise, the feel, the engagement.

YOU are the one who needs to wake up. Not everyone like fucking electric boxes. We don't give a shit how fast you can get from stoplight to stoplight in your microwave. Congratulations, you think its better, but the rest of the world doesn't have to share that view and it doesn't make them wrong. If you don't like the fact that tens of millions of car enthusiasts enjoy something different or dynamic or characterful, STFU already and stop shitting on every thread here.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
God damn, you're such an insufferable twat. They are SUBJECTIVELY better. There are a lot of cars that people enjoy BECAUSE of some flaws and character. BECAUSE they don't have 20 computers doing all the driving for them. The noise, the feel, the engagement.

YOU are the one who needs to wake up. Not everyone like fucking electric boxes. We don't give a shit how fast you can get from stoplight to stoplight in your microwave. Congratulations, you think its better, but the rest of the world doesn't have to share that view and it doesn't make them wrong. If you don't like the fact that tens of millions of car enthusiasts enjoy something different or dynamic or characterful, STFU already and stop shitting on every thread here.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I interrupt your I like shitty old cars party?

You like shitty old cars for (reasons). Fine. I don't give a fuck what you drive and I don't give a fuck what you think. Enjoy your death trap. They're still pieces of shit, and you're an idiot if you pay those asking prices.

Have a nice day.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Wake up.
Old hardware is getting popular because there are now a lot of people who have reached the point in their lives where they can afford to buy them. Sure, there are speculators, but I'd wager the primary driver behind sales is people having cash to buy them and use them.

The thing that matters isn't the spec sheet, but what is the most fun to drive. If that is a 964 or a new Gt3 then you are both right. Insert [old car] or [new car] here....valid reasons for buying whatever.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
When you rich mofo's gonna invite us entry level sports car guys to join your crew? Uppity Dallas motherfuckas!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
When you rich mofo's gonna invite us entry level sports car guys to join your crew? Uppity Dallas motherfuckas!
?
1655500867798.jpeg

• 1Worf

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Old hardware is getting popular because there are now a lot of people who have reached the point in their lives where they can afford to buy them. Sure, there are speculators, but I'd wager the primary driver behind sales is people having cash to buy them and use them.

The thing that matters isn't the spec sheet, but what is the most fun to drive. If that is a 964 or a new Gt3 then you are both right. Insert [old car] or [new car] here....valid reasons for buying whatever.
Eh, there have always been rich old men, it's not like the first generation who likes sports cars was born in the 60's or 70's.

I'm not saying you can't like what you like - people like all sorts of stupid crap, and thats fine. But to act like the value of those older cars is driven by anything but exclusivity and unavailability is not thinking with the big brain.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Funny part about this is, when we were little, that stupid ranch was way out in the boonies, we used to joke it was halfway to Oklahoma from Dallas, but the show "Dallas" largely occurs there.

DFW has since sprawled so much that it is comfortably within the populated part of the metroplex now. No longer really in the boonies.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Catalina Cafe on Washington. We're usually there a couple Sunday mornings each month. 7:30-9:00 you see some cool shit.

• 1Like