What vehicle do you drive?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
misread, here's an engine bay

20220928_130806.jpg

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New G87 M2 looks like absolute ass so far in the leaked images. Was hoping it would be a fun, small, rowdy daily driver. That company has completely lost its way.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
New G87 M2 looks like absolute ass so far in the leaked images. Was hoping it would be a fun, small, rowdy daily driver. That company has completely lost its way.
BMW should take the engine in their GT1600 bikes, throw a couple small turbos on it, drop the redline down to more sane levels (for cars), then drop it into a chassis that's approximately 2002 or maybe E30 sized. Keep it simple chassis wise, with modern engine tech to get the more power out of a smaller yet more interesting package.

Trouble is the modern car market has made a car like that basically impossible. Car companies make money on financing and by how much needless and/or newly mandatory 'safety' tech they can cram onto a car, not by how well it's made or how stylish it can be or god forbid if you could afford it as an average person without 10 years of financing.

I wish they'd all get off my lawn, too.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Most companies have lost their way when it comes to styling the last handful of years. Just adding angles to everything with no flowing lines.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Trouble is the modern car market has made a car like that basically impossible. Car companies make money on financing and by how much needless and/or newly mandatory 'safety' tech they can cram onto a car, not by how well it's made or how stylish it can be or god forbid if you could afford it as an average person without 10 years of financing.
I went to Jeep dealership recently. Everything overly glitzy and cheap looking with giant chrome wheels...just perfect for a night at the whorehouse. Grand Cherokee $50k-$60+k. There was nothing in them at all worth $65k much less $35k. Tiny, cramped interior and old tech driveline. Some kind of performance Wrangler for $73k. Grand Wagoneer $100k. I couldn't tell the difference between a base model Grand Cherokee or a fully loaded one. They all can fuck off with these weirdo prices. High prices are fine if the product matches, but they are charging huge cash for cheap chrome and high end imitation vinyl seating...and now essentially disposable vehicles after the note is paid off.

Toyota Tundra has many trims now. Limited, Platinum, Pro, 1794 and drumroll....CAPSTONE. Fuck right off with this shit.

They all can fuck off with the boring exterior colors and lack of interior options.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
They all can fuck off with the boring exterior colors and lack of interior options.
I like the camry I just bought, it's like a fucking mansion in there. Some service manlet had the seat up so high my head was touching the ceiling. Lowered that thing for like half a minute and still had room to go down. Even the back seats have ridiculous leg room for people 6+ feet tall. I don't doubt a lot of the upgrades are scams, but if you're just buying a meat and potatoes car, they seem well made.

I did get one of the upgraded models cause I had more money than time (Thanks mr semi that rear ended me for that), but I have no idea what I actually bought with the upgraded model. Probably Uygher slave assembled plastic parts over the children's factory edition.

Looking it up, yea I probably got scammed lol.

Hekotat

Woody went for 77k, boat for 33k.

Was pretty damn awesome. My body is killing from pushing so many heavy ass classics.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Hoovie on YouTube has a sick '49 Caddy that I'm mad jelly of. That and some of the same era Buicks are just cool. Too bad restomods are so bloody expensive 😕

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
oof that's one ugly front. It's not even the same as on the other of its generation, or is it already the next gen ?

I'll keep my M2 from 2018 a bit longer then.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oof that's one ugly front. It's not even the same as on the other of its generation, or is it already the next gen ?

I'll keep my M2 from 2018 a bit longer then.

No one knows what's up. All the grills are different on every model. I'm thinking a gen 1 M2cs is the way to go if this trend continues.

Hekotat

Car market must be looking bleak, I just got two texts from two different dealers asking if I was still looking for a car and that they have everything on the lot "without any market adjustments".

HOLD!!!!

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
As much as I hate dealerships, one big plus to buying my Tesla was you buy direct from them, no dealership bullshit. The price is the price. They offer partner financing or you bring your own. You can choose any vehicle from anywhere in the US and they will ship it to you for $0 - $2000 defending on distance.

I did the entire deal, including trade-in of my BMW, online. Uploaded my vin and a couple of pics and i had the quote back in a few minutes. Trade-in offer was inline with KBB. Total transaction was done in 20 minutes including financing. USAA gave me a better deal than their partner and so thet had USAA send them the finance agreement via email. All chat, not a single phone call.

Love or hate Tesla, the purchase experience was awesome.

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As much as I hate dealerships, one big plus to buying my Tesla was you buy direct from them, no dealership bullshit. The price is the price. They offer partner financing or you bring your own. You can choose any vehicle from anywhere in the US and they will ship it to you for $0 - $2000 defending on distance.

I did the entire deal, including trade-in of my BMW, online. Uploaded my vin and a couple of pics and i had the quote back in a few minutes. Trade-in offer was inline with KBB. Total transaction was done in 20 minutes including financing. USAA gave me a better deal than their partner and so thet had USAA send them the finance agreement via email. All chat, not a single phone call.

Can't argue with that. The American dealership network is a scourge on society and the power they wield is ridiculous. We'd all be better off with direct purchases, but the politics of it won't likely change in our lifetimes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I’m not the biggest fan of GM products, but my father worked for them so I get the family discount. Every car I buy as I just give them a code and it’s msrp minus 20%. No stupid haggling.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Sludig

Can't argue with that. The American dealership network is a scourge on society and the power they wield is ridiculous. We'd all be better off with direct purchases, but the politics of it won't likely change in our lifetimes.
From dealing with the scam dealer, I went into the dealer on my mustang like PTSD'd reaffirming everything. BUt nope, easy by text, and a brief call with finance guy. Everyone clearly was into cars. Never pushed me for any warranties etc even though they have them. The only concession I made was they came close to my financing and I let them use theirs and if I can be bothered I'll refinance it in a year after they've got their bonus off of it.

E signed like one thing, wired them $20k, and they had it delivered the next day with the final paperwork to sign long before that money probably was actually cleared. ~250 miles, 5 hour round trip, and they just got their inventory fleet guy and some gal to drive it and a shop car rather than trying to waste a week arranging a truck. I think the only ding I'd say is while it was fine for me, they should have said they could drive it when I assumed it was coming on a flatbed. I could see someone getting triggered about an extra 200 miles depending what they bought.

Going to go this weekend maybe to try and test drive the supercharged miata. Mustang is mostly good fun. Certainly way slower than jag, the sportier transmision modes shift hard and not what I feel like is a good way but I may just be being a vagina, but I did prefer the ZF 8 speed. But at least I dont feel like this things going to self destruct, sounds good and pretty comfy vs jag I'd be sore over an hour.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From dealing with the scam dealer, I went into the dealer on my mustang like PTSD'd reaffirming everything. BUt nope, easy by text, and a brief call with finance guy. Everyone clearly was into cars. Never pushed me for any warranties etc even though they have them. The only concession I made was they came close to my financing and I let them use theirs and if I can be bothered I'll refinance it in a year after they've got their bonus off of it.

E signed like one thing, wired them $20k, and they had it delivered the next day with the final paperwork to sign long before that money probably was actually cleared. ~250 miles, 5 hour round trip, and they just got their inventory fleet guy and some gal to drive it and a shop car rather than trying to waste a week arranging a truck. I think the only ding I'd say is while it was fine for me, they should have said they could drive it when I assumed it was coming on a flatbed. I could see someone getting triggered about an extra 200 miles depending what they bought.

Going to go this weekend maybe to try and test drive the supercharged miata. Mustang is mostly good fun. Certainly way slower than jag, the sportier transmision modes shift hard and not what I feel like is a good way but I may just be being a vagina, but I did prefer the ZF 8 speed. But at least I dont feel like this things going to self destruct, sounds good and pretty comfy vs jag I'd be sore over an hour.

As long as you wait 90 days before a re-fi, you shouldn't get dinged. Sometimes it's a good tactic to get a better deal (using the dealer's financing).

Hope you enjoy the new ride. Mods already planned?

Sludig

As long as you wait 90 days before a re-fi, you shouldn't get dinged. Sometimes it's a good tactic to get a better deal (using the dealer's financing).

Hope you enjoy the new ride. Mods already planned?
Meant trying to give them a bone to not have them lose their incentive since they were great to work with. Though if we go for a 2nd car going to try and work some rapid repeat customer appreciation concessions.

Though a random car I'm kinda interested, is theyve slapped the 2.5turbo from CX5 etc into a mazda 3 hatch now. No stick available though, granted if its more a mildly fun commuter/snow car maybe I'm better off without a stick in bad weather. Doesn't look like any available locally. I'd be sold if they had a DSG or something available, not sure how bad of a slush box it has, though our CX5 mostly pulls decent and I havn't had any complaints on gear hunting though I dont exactly hammer it.

Gay or not, I plan the 80's style Louvers on the rear/side windows. I've always loved them from all the action movies in the 80's. I've said this is a step back from the jag in performance for comfort. I'd have to research very long and hard before I start dropping big money on twin turbo/super since I'd like to try and make this car last a little longer, like 5 year /100k miles. So a 1000 hp blow it up route not what I want. I would love to see it up around 600hp, but from like 460/480 whatever it is, exceeding what I can do au natural aspiration. But if you go FI then why not chase fairly aggressive numbers.....
The 18+ manifold is apparently hard to beat, so not worth getting that ported until you are chasing 1000 hp and actually benefiting from small improvements there. Even in quiet mode can get decently loud in cabin, not sure if they pipe any of it in, but while not jag crazy, it's loud enough for me, so not sure I want to drop 3k to get a active exhaust valve compatible system to only just sound like I cut my cats off.

Seen some stuff, long tube header into stock exhaust might not end up tooo obnoxious. So a very loose idea of options I might do would be LTH's, a tune, that hopefully I can find one that explicitly gives me decel popcorn crackles like on the jag and I need to nail down E-85 stations around here, seem very few and far between. E85 tune though seems like the best bang for buck on these before a blower. Not much improvements with any of the cold air intakes, many sound better for actually worse performance, benefits of a decade long refined system ..... nicer set of wheels so I can have a winter set maybe. A few random interior tweaks perhaps.

Maybe if I somehow found a discounted but unused whipple supercharger and a local performance shop that isn't bubba retard I'd still play. But like your budget comment, I do still have some homestead/house repairs/ongoing arsenal expanding that 10-15k would probably be better spent on.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>

I had a similar experience. No trade in, paid with cash. It took a whopping 8 minutes, 5 of which was me going through my own checklist to make sure there were 0 build issues.

LOVE the Model S (2021), but people are bored with Tesla fellating, so here's the downside: I'm concerned with the front suspension. Car isn't even 2 years old, and I've had to use the warranty to replace the front suspension once (different part #s, does that mean old ones had a build issue?) because it sounded like a crazy shopping cart wheel when flooring it. Then again a year later when one of them started squeaking like a 20 year old car going over speed bumps Similar to mine:

I see similar postings from other S and some X owners. o_O