Golden Baronet of the Realm
IMG_20221026_193131.jpg

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The car looks nice enough, that hug thing seems gimmicky as hell.
I forget who ended up buying the company. I’ve seen a couple supercarblondie vids, she’s kind of annoying.

No argument there she is annoying in a weird way, it was just sent to me by a friend. I didn't know anything about how it looked or functioned.

Fucker

Log Wizard
The car looks nice enough, that hug thing seems gimmicky as hell.
I forget who ended up buying the company. I’ve seen a couple supercarblondie vids, she’s kind of annoying.
Car is dumb. Woman is dumb. A female Shmee. She wears more paint than an F250.

Hekotat

Found a TE72 Corolla at a reasonable price for the first time in my life and I have no where to put it, sad times my friends. I also think I'm going to sell my GTI, inflation is kicking my ass.

1667243825082.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Found a TE72 Corolla at a reasonable price for the first time in my life and I have no where to put it, sad times my friends. I also think I'm going to sell my GTI, inflation is kicking my ass.

View attachment 440760

Do you have a payment on the GTi that's changing with inflation, or its just the cost of everything else?

Hekotat

Do you have a payment on the GTi that's changing with inflation, or its just the cost of everything else?

Cost of everything else, mainly food. I don't have any other expenses, just bare essentials and I don't really go out. Unable to save any cash after everything is paid, I dont like that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cost of everything else, mainly food. I don't have any other expenses, just bare essentials and I don't really go out. Unable to save any cash after everything is paid, I dont like that.
Only problem is how upside down on it would you be at this point after barely gotten it. AWD and I could almost justify taking it off ya.

Funny navel gazing, but many cars have tesla style retrofits, think id want a retrofit to return to physical controls on those 22s lol.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't understand why BMW, Mercedes, etc. don't say fuck it, let's make all our cars electric except one, and that car will be a fucking monster V8 or V12 without any consideration of being "green".
I play on both field, as my M2 swallows more than a czech whore, and my tesla cost me 39$ of electricity in october.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand why BMW, Mercedes, etc. don't say fuck it, let's make all our cars electric except one, and that car will be a fucking monster V8 or V12 without any consideration of being "green".
I play on both field, as my M2 swallows more than a czech whore, and my tesla cost me 39$ of electricity in october.

They are all doing that to some extent. But, it used to be a half dozen great choices for a performance car per OEM. Now its one or two.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Both the US and the EU now have fleetwide emission targets which means the average emissions of all cars sold by a manufacturer in a year has to be under a certain number. Any high emitter cars have to be balanced out by a larger number of lower emission cars. It doesn't cost BMW 35k more to stuff a V8 instead of a 4 cylinder under the hood of a 5 series, but if they make it too cheap they will sell too many and push the average emissions up.

Essentially the manufacturers are being made to do part of the dirty work of pushing buyers toward lower emission cars by pricing some of them out of the higher emission cars. The manufacturers in turn get higher margins on those cars.

There's certainly high performance to be had if you have the cash. The 550i has 530hp and the M5 has over 600 hp now, that's just crazy. I remember when the first Viper was introduced with 400hp and it might as well have been 4000 for how outlandish that sounded. You can get 50% more in a sedan now and, unlike the original Viper, it has an actual roof.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Both the US and the EU now have fleetwide emission targets which means the average emissions of all cars sold by a manufacturer in a year has to be under a certain number. Any high emitter cars have to be balanced out by a larger number of lower emission cars. It doesn't cost BMW 35k more to stuff a V8 instead of a 4 cylinder under the hood of a 5 series, but if they make it too cheap they will sell too many and push the average emissions up.

Essentially the manufacturers are being made to do part of the dirty work of pushing buyers toward lower emission cars by pricing some of them out of the higher emission cars. The manufacturers in turn get higher margins on those cars.

There's certainly high performance to be had if you have the cash. The 550i has 530hp and the M5 has over 600 hp now, that's just crazy. I remember when the first Viper was introduced with 400hp and it might as well have been 4000 for how outlandish that sounded. You can get 50% more in a sedan now and, unlike the original Viper, it has an actual roof.
Best example. Aston Martin Cygnet. Rebadged Toyota.

2011-aston-martin-cygnet-photo-317056-s-original-1883713678.jpg
81c87047cd88a48066f8d67a461328a5-1316593063.jpg

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user