What vehicle do you drive?

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider
I'm actually thinking about selling my BMW motorcycle. I've had it for years. It's a comfortable drive, and a very reliable bike, but it's so heavy. If I'm going for a trip or a really long ride it's amazing. But around town it can be cumbersome. I want another bike that sits upright like this bike does, but is more suited to city driving. Maybe I'll keep this for trips and get something like a Buell for around town.

Why does BMW have to make everything so heavy.
IMG_0172.jpeg

Get a GL650. There are plenty of options for storage or not. Or a PC800 Pacific Coast.

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider
For the prices on Marketplace you could keep what you have and pick up a second bike. You might look at the CX650 or CX500. I only mention these because they have the shaft drive and sideways engine similar to what BMW has.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
For the prices on Marketplace you could keep what you have and pick up a second bike. You might look at the CX650 or CX500. I only mention these because they have the shaft drive and sideways engine similar to what BMW has.

These are good points. I will certainly look into them. Having two bikes wouldn't be hard, I have the storage space.

If you were looking for a daily ride in the city, what would you get?

Burns

If you were looking for a daily ride in the city, what would you get?
With how bad distracted driving is these days, you should probably just cut to the chase and get a lobotomy instead, as it's a much less painful way to get brain damage.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 2 users

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I'm actually thinking about selling my BMW motorcycle. I've had it for years. It's a comfortable drive, and a very reliable bike, but it's so heavy. If I'm going for a trip or a really long ride it's amazing. But around town it can be cumbersome. I want another bike that sits upright like this bike does, but is more suited to city driving. Maybe I'll keep this for trips and get something like a Buell for around town.

Why does BMW have to make everything so heavy.

Now don't laugh. I went through the same thing. My bike, a K75, was just too big for just tooling around town or for just going out for a short ride. This is what I bought about 3 years ago.

2020081612354061--6428900258205026874-IMG_1753_heic-L.jpg

It's a 2006 Kymco Grand Vista (Grand Dink in every other country) 250. Cost less than $2k and it's a hoot. It's quick, carries a ton of stuff (you can put 2 full face helmets under the seat and more in the top box) and economical (70-80 mpg). It's twist and go, CVT transmission. It will easily do 85 mph and get there in a hurry but I didn't buy it for the freeway. It shines doing 35 around town or 45-50 on back roads with my wife on the back. We have an intercom so we can talk.

I sold my BMW and my 2 Hondas. I'm too old and there are too many crazies out there on the highways. This thing satisfies my motorcycle jones.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Now don't laugh. I went through the same thing. My bike, a K75, was just too big for just tooling around town or for just going out for a short ride. This is what I bought about 3 years ago.

2020081612354061--6428900258205026874-IMG_1753_heic-L.jpg

It's a 2006 Kymco Grand Vista (Grand Dink in every other country) 250. Cost less than $2k and it's a hoot. It's quick, carries a ton of stuff (you can put 2 full face helmets under the seat and more in the top box) and economical (70-80 mpg). It's twist and go, CVT transmission. It will easily do 85 mph and get there in a hurry but I didn't buy it for the freeway. It shines doing 35 around town or 45-50 on back roads with my wife on the back. We have an intercom so we can talk.

I sold my BMW and my 2 Hondas. I'm too old and there are too many crazies out there on the highways. This thing satisfies my motorcycle jones.

I love it. I had a Vespa. Almost 100 mpg. I tooled around on that thing for years.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Lol I've been considering the below which is basically a moped on crack to play around with but wife is already kinda pissed about the E Tron GT (she thinks I'm going to burn down the garage ffs)

1689963006229.png

• 2Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Drove a 23 Tacoma TRD Sport yesterday. I don't get why people like these things. It drives well enough but the road and wind noise on that thing was really bad, like it would be hard to have a conversion in that thing at highway speeds. Or is that why Tacos are so popular lol?

Burns

Drove a 23 Tacoma TRD Sport yesterday. I don't get why people like these things. It drives well enough but the road and wind noise on that thing was really bad, like it would be hard to have a conversion in that thing at highway speeds. Or is that why Tacos are so popular lol?
How many other midsized trucks have you driven? Never been in a Tacoma, but of the two trucks I have the most time in, the 2010 Tundra was far superior to a 2017 F150.

It could be a tire issue too. The run flats (Goodyear Eagle) that came stock on my Vette got a whole lot of complaints about road noise. It was great, if you didn't mind the noise, because you could find 90%+ tread life used tires all over the place, for a 75%+ discount.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think they are popular because they are popular. They had a reputation for reliability, but the factory that builds them shits them out and kicks them out the door. It is an old boncy loud platform.

95% of the people buy them to put cool off road gear on them and never leave pavement.

• 2Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There problem is that used to be a cheap truck, so you'd be really happy to be getting a reliable tin box even if it had a little road noise. Now it's 50k.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How many other midsized trucks have you driven? Never been in a Tacoma, but of the two trucks I have the most time in, the 2010 Tundra was far superior to a 2017 F150.

It could be a tire issue too. The run flats (Goodyear Eagle) that came stock on my Vette got a whole lot of complaints about road noise. It was great, if you didn't mind the noise, because you could find 90%+ tread life used tires all over the place, for a 75%+ discount.
A fair bit in a Colorado, they're not luxury sealed cabins on air but they're very decent on ride quality.

Well with it being legal to wear airpods in most states while driving, one could probably find ways to forgive that downside.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I dislike driving the Tacoma. The hood is so (unnecessarily) high that front visual clearance is just stupid. It drives like a box.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you do some legit off road out doors stuff, a mildly used taco is great. But they are certainly overpriced now as fuck and like a studies symbol as said above with people rigging them up by never using.

I was meeting a I knew younger gun guy for a deal in a semi busy parking lot in the city, and instantly correctly assumed it was him when I saw the Tacoma roll in. like the unofficial of the 2A crowd. Michael Chen got like 20g worth of nods stolen out of his taco and any event parking lot is like half Tacomas.

Meanwhile I'm looking at low profile bumpers to put a winch on my tundra but that's because my pasture in spring consumes mowers, tractors, and unwary trucks even with mud tires