What vehicle do you drive?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I've been thinking trying to find a low-mileage Civic Si -- somewhere between the years 2008 to 2011. Getting close to 80,000 miles on the Mustang. I want to keep the Stang and get something else as my daily driver -- but it'll have to be something fun otherwise I'll probably find myself still driving the Mustang.

Any opinions on the Si? Pretty fun car? I know they have like zero torque, though.

dawg021_sl

shitlord
79 Jeep J-10 Pick Up
rrr_img_38530.jpg

Brad2770

If you needed 7 of them are they really that good or are you 65?
Well, I raced a few back in the mid to late 90's. Cheap CRX shells or '90/'91 hatchback shells that we shoved in a different motor. My first real daily driver was a '91 Prelude that I threw a rod in. Had a hole in the side of the block half the size of your fist and it still started up and ran (very badly) for 3 weeks until my parents came out from Georgia and got me a different car. Only other major issue was my '97 DX. Timing belt snapped while doing 60 on the freeway and didnt bend one valve. No other major issues with any of them. Honda's are great cars.

I've been thinking trying to find a low-mileage Civic Si -- somewhere between the years 2008 to 2011. Getting close to 80,000 miles on the Mustang. I want to keep the Stang and get something else as my daily driver -- but it'll have to be something fun otherwise I'll probably find myself still driving the Mustang.

Any opinions on the Si? Pretty fun car? I know they have like zero torque, though.
2008-2011 Si is probably best motor you can get for the Si. No torque, but it revs from here till Tuesday. Just with minor bolt ons and a tune, you can get probably 220-230 HP to the wheels. My stock Si can hang with the new 300HP V6 Mustangs.

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lexus IS 300. Nice quick little car thats fun to drive. 2003 and just passed 80K miles.

rrr_img_38535.jpg

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Main transportation is a 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V. Haven't done a lot to it, Nismo rims with summer tires, (stocks have snows) cold air intake, mild suspension mods. I've got a header that I haven't installed yet, need catback to go with it first.

Bike is a 1983 Honda Nighthawk 650. Picked it up ~2 monthes ago. Been riding it about a month. Fun so far, once I resolved some electrical quirks.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
2011 Mustang 5.0 / 2001 Mustang GT. Lots of work done to the '01, spent years of time and money on her. The newer one costs entirely too much to upgrade for the time being, so I will wait.
rrr_img_38467.jpg
Ford Australia are killing off the Falcons in 2015, supposedly we're finally going to get RHD Mustangs, looking at yours I hope that's true as it looks pretty good....hell, I'd almost be as happy with that as I would a '67

Ford Australia are killing off the Falcons in 2015, supposedly we're finally going to get RHD Mustangs, looking at yours I hope that's true as it looks pretty good....hell, I'd almost be as happy with that as I would a '67
Yeah, the new models are leaps and bounds better than previous ones. I've put thousands into my '01 Mustang to get it to around 400 hp, and the new one stock just eats it. It's just a much better built all around car. The handling is considerably better than previous models, and the 6 speed with gears 1-4 built for racing is much nicer than the 5 speed. Definitely a good purchase imo.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
2010 Mustang, v6.
oMS3FUT.jpg

Currently just has the bbk cold air intake on it, bama tuned. Next upgrades (next month) will be new coil & wires when I tune it up, and then a cat back dual exhaust kit.

Next car for me will be a project car. Thinking something in a mid to late 60's El Camino or Ranchero.

Brad2770

I guess the person that negged me doesn't understand power to weight ratio and why my car can hang with a V6 Stang. V6 Mustang is 300 horses and 3600 pounds (roughly). That's 12 HP per pound. My car is 2900 lbs and has 200 HP (roughly), which puts my car at 14 HP per pound. Now I'm not sure what your interpretation of "Shreds" is, but when the front of my car is at the back tire of the Mustang on a 1/4 mile stretch, I would say I could hang with that car.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I guess the person that negged me doesn't understand power to weight ratio and why my car can hang with a V6 Stang. V6 Mustang is 300 horses and 3600 pounds (roughly). That's 12 HP per pound. My car is 2900 lbs and has 200 HP (roughly), which puts my car at 14 HP per pound. Now I'm not sure what your interpretation of "Shreds" is, but when the front of my car is at the back tire of the Mustang on a 1/4 mile stretch, I would say I could hang with that car.
lol, I'm not trying to give you shit here Brad, but you don't seem to understand power to weight ratio either. You have shit backwards. Although actually on further inspection maybe not, you do seem to realize that your car has a slightly worse power to weight ratio. Regardless, your car does not have "14 HP per pound", nor does a Mustang have "12 HP per pound." Either would be a fucking rocket ship. The term you are looking for is "pounds per HP".

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
lol, I'm not trying to give you shit here Brad, but you don't seem to understand power to weight ratio either. You have shit backwards. Although actually on further inspection maybe not, you do seem to realize that your car has a slightly worse power to weight ratio. Regardless, your car does not have "14 HP per pound", nor does a Mustang have "12 HP per pound." Either would be a fucking rocket ship. The term you are looking for is "pounds per HP".
This. Hah.

Brad2770

Whatever, I just woke up when I responded. Few things bug me, but this stuff does. I used to race Hondas before Fast and Furious made that shit "popular". Late 80's/early 90's civic shell, a $600 ZC motor, tranny and ECU and a 75-100 shot of NOS would destroy any old muscle car on the track. We spent, at the most, 2k dollars for the whole car and we were winning every race against $10k plus drag cars. The old men didn't know what was going on. For people to still blindly believe that a Honda doesn't mean business rustles my jimmies.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Whatever, I just woke up when I responded. Few things bug me, but this stuff does. I used to race Hondas before Fast and Furious made that shit "popular". Late 80's/early 90's civic shell, a $600 ZC motor, tranny and ECU and a 75-100 shot of NOS would destroy any old muscle car on the track. We spent, at the most, 2k dollars for the whole car and we were winning every race against $10k plus drag cars. The old men didn't know what was going on. For people to still blindly believe that a Honda doesn't mean business rustles my jimmies.
Fair enough, I just thought it was a funny mistake to make when defending your honor. I would also dispute though, that your Honda would be "hanging" with Mustangs (or that hanging with a V6 Mustang was anything to be too proud of). The difference between 12 and 14 lbs per HP is pretty significant. All else being equal, that would mean the Mustang has a 15% better power to weight ratio.