What vehicle do you drive?

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even with only 300hp the BRZ would have been an awesome car and I'd have strongly considered it over my current car.

Well, let's hope that that mid-engined Cadillac eventually releases and maybe Porche will have a competitor to the cayman/boxter for once.

Fadaar

That guy
The rumors of the next ZR1 being mid-engine makes me moist. Also terrified at what it would be capable of.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The rumors of the next ZR1 being mid-engine makes me moist. Also terrified at what it would be capable of.
I don't even know how the fuck that would work. The seats on the current C7 are directly in front of the rear wheels. So much of that car is in the front end, I just do not see how it would be feasible without an entire re-design. Look at it from the side and tell me where they could fit engine / drivetrain.

2014-corvette-c7-stingray-looks-great-in-blue_1.jpg

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
re-design. There was some unrelated media video being shot at GM and you could see on one of the screens of the employees computers a design for it. Don't feel like trying to dig that up, it's out there. If they do it, will be a major change. Seems it would work better to maybe just build it under the cadillac brand and leave the corvette line front engine. Go ahead and charge the $200k it's likely to be without messing with the traditional cost range of the corvette line (base/z/zr1)

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
New Civic actually looks like Honda woke up from a coma though and was like 'wait, the fuck year is it? HOLY SHIT!' They're adding more interesting models (and a new R but that's ... well we'll see).

Keeping in mind this is a concept vehicle so it will probably keep most of the major lines but lose a bunch of the 'lol wellthatis expensive!' machined parts. Kind of seems a cross between Scion and Datsun style/effect? At least they elongated the hood ever so slightly.
The 2002-2005 EP3 Honda Civic hatchback Si (Si-R in Canada) is probably my favorite car ever owned. Styling was totally unique, had an all alcantara interior with red stitching throughout the cabin, amazing seats, and the stickshift was mounted in the dash. Total blast to drive as well and like every civic you could mod the shit out of it. I'm not sure why more manufacturers haven't gone the stickshift in the dash route-- it felt far more natural than the typical placement.

Siliconemelons

Lexus and Toyota are both ugly and scream "old timer" to me. Honda is just boring, while Acura, particularly the TL, looks just plain weird. I'd have to say Infiniti is the only really attractive looking Japanese brand.
Lexus RX jacking Nissan Murano design ques again- only this time they didn't wait a year or two lol

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
The pictures that Car and Driver posted definitely had a front end reminiscent of cadillac more so than a traditional corvette.

I, for one, would be happy to have a competitor with porche, and would consider it for my next car if it was a 70-100k dollar vehicle. Cadillac has done a great job with the ATS/CTS, and I would have good expectations of quality from a MR cayman competitor.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
A 335i with fewer than $500 worth of performance parts (JB4) would deeeestroy a S4 in any kind of 20-70mph-shoot-for-the-same-lane street squabble, and out-handle it, and out brake it. It wasn't until the current models (F series) that the interiors took a huge hit in quality of materials. Now they are truly Accord/Camry level.
I really doubt that. S4 with a simple Revo mod($1000) runs the 1/4 mile under 12 and 0-60 in at about 3.9 and pulls about 440hp.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Just rescued this 1972 Z down in San Diego. The owner was going to part it and send the remains to the boneyard. The front frame rails and a few smaller panels have some rust (mostly surface). He was convinced the car was full of cancer (which it isn't!). Spent the last month getting it prepped for new...everything. Turns out the front frame rails are only about $300 for a new set. Welding those in next week. Putting my freshly rebuilt l28et, holset hx35 and megasquirt in (hopefully later this month).
Excellent. Post pics when it's done.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Even with only 300hp the BRZ would have been an awesome car and I'd have strongly considered it over my current car.
I agree. I've daily driven a 400 hp Evo since 2003 and was considering something different. I test drove a BRZ and it just felt like it needed more power. The trans was super responsive, and the handling was excellent (the poor sales lady was pretty white when we returned from my test drive), but the power...or lack of, was a killer for me. I guess I was just expecting more. It wasn't even as strong as my stock '93 RX-7. Oh well, now I have the Z to get my RWD willies on with!

Siliconemelons

I agree. I've daily driven a 400 hp Evo since 2003 and was considering something different. I test drove a BRZ and it just felt like it needed more power. The trans was super responsive, and the handling was excellent (the poor sales lady was pretty white when we returned from my test drive), but the power...or lack of, was a killer for me. I guess I was just expecting more. It wasn't even as strong as my stock '93 RX-7. Oh well, now I have the Z to get my RWD willies on with!
Almost 90% of every review by non-"industry" reports say the same thing about the BRZ bros - excellent handling, fun response and quick gears but lacks pure power stock, mods "help" but still does not match it with others. Most versus races depend on the conditions, as its handling and response is quick it does well in tracks that are street and rally like. Whats funny is it literally is a mini GT-R in its pro's and cons vs the upper echelon of its peers- the GT-R has insane off the block speed and acceleration- handling that is always good but "feels like you are about to loose it- but it never does" - but in pure straightaways the big v12's and crap always will win overall.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Almost 90% of every review by non-"industry" reports say the same thing about the BRZ bros - excellent handling, fun response and quick gears but lacks pure power stock, mods "help" but still does not match it with others. Most versus races depend on the conditions, as its handling and response is quick it does well in tracks that are street and rally like. Whats funny is it literally is a mini GT-R in its pro's and cons vs the upper echelon of its peers- the GT-R has insane off the block speed and acceleration- handling that is always good but "feels like you are about to loose it- but it never does" - but in pure straightaways the big v12's and crap always will win overall.
Yea, you need to go FI in order to do anything with the BRZ. $/hp there's just no comparison. FA20 was built for FI. If you want to play with cars sporting more cylinders (400+HP) you basically need a built engine, though. Oh well.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I envy the Germans and residents of Montana. I didn't really appreciate how my car handled because I hadn't taken it above 75 for more than a few seconds yet. Drove on some desert highways this weekend between cities... let's just say when the Z06 passes you going 120-130 it creates a certain safety net when there are no exits for 80 miles.

Anyway, I cannot believe how sorted my Mustang GT with performance pack is at high speed. My WRX used to basically feel like it wanted to come apart at 80+, but this thing shrinks around you as you get up in speed, it is solid. Thank god they added an IRS this year though, hitting a little gravel streak and a few sticks washed onto the road in a corner going you know, the speed limit, would have scared the shit out of me in a stick axle. The car is going to be amazing on the Autobahn.

Also, this is my first car with adaptive cruise control. I got it more because...well, it was an option in the book so why not. It is extremely nice though and works very, very well. It tracks corners flawlessly so you don't pick up other lanes. Makes long road trips very pleasurable to not have to keep screwing with CC every time some idiot minivan pulls out in front of you going 55 in a 75 to pass a truck.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm the proud owner of a Ford Flex that will be delivered in 2 weeks. I had no idea I was getting it. GF needed a new car...told her to get a new car. ? And here it comes.

She still won't let me have a 1290.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Headed to Columbus to pick up a used c300 for my dad. He commented on how much he liked them when i was looking for one. He's the most frugal fucker in the world and is driving the car he bought for me in high school 10 years ago.

There's about 4 deals to be had within 20 miles, hoping i can check them all out and have them get with my credit union I'm preappeoved through. They act like theyve never had someone go somewhere and check out a few cars and be unsure of which one they're going to buy.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya I bought a new car last month and noticed a lot more cunty salesmen than normal. Grats on buying the old man a car, that's gotta feel good.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Headed to Columbus to pick up a used c300 for my dad. He commented on how much he liked them when i was looking for one. He's the most frugal fucker in the world and is driving the car he bought for me in high school 10 years ago.

There's about 4 deals to be had within 20 miles, hoping i can check them all out and have them get with my credit union I'm preappeoved through. They act like theyve never had someone go somewhere and check out a few cars and be unsure of which one they're going to buy.
Applaud you for doing that. I'll be getting my Dad a fun car some time in the next year as well. He's one of the biggest reasons I love cars so much and raising myself and my brother didn't give him the opportunity to follow his sports car dreams; so I'll get him one for retirement.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well my agent doesn't want to insure it since he'll be driving it full time and his doesn't want to since he's not on the title!

Hoping i can add him to the title and the bank won't get uppity... prob be cheaper to go through his since it'll be 60 yo with no claims for 40 years vs 26 yo.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well my Expedition finally gave way this week. Had ol' Betsy for 12 years. Chain snapped on highway, ruining the engine. Said fuckit and snagged me something I would like.

Fucker is fast. The paddles are fun when on the highway. Front rim has some dings, but overall fantastic shape.