What vehicle do you drive?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I just went out andboughtanother car just to spite you, wormie. Mmmmm 4x4 low with locking rear differential!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Still waiting for an explanation why a car is something to be obsessed over
I just went out andboughtanother car just to spite you, wormie. Mmmmm 4x4 low with locking rear differential!
j4uyL.gif

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Toasters won't give you the same sense of pride when you beef it up to more than it's stock components. Toasters don't tell everyone around you "I'm doing well in life." Toasters can't give you a rush or the feel of doing 150mph. Your 1985 Sentra can't hit a turn at 90mph smooth as butter. Bitches will choose the ugly mofo in the Maybach over the cute guy in the Dodge Neon.

I can see, hear, feel the results of my money being spent with my car (whether good or bad). I can show YOU those same results without saying a word to you as I pass you by. For some people status matters...cars are one of the few ways people can show their status with little to no interaction with said person.

There are many reasons for car obsession, choose one.
Your car can't make toast. Checkmate dickcheese

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing manuals do better still (IMO) could be eliminated by proper transmission tuning and paddle shifters. Most autos I've driven (including the newest gen performance models) still 'brute force' multi-gear shifts and even then, they don't 'stack' them. I think an auto with double paddle (top 1 gear up/down and bottom 2 gear up/down while in sport mode) would really liven up driving feel and let you 'preemptively' aggressively down shift.
BMW's dual clutch does what you're saying, sort of: Mash the gas to the floor until it hits the kick-down button under the gas pedal and then pull the left (downshift) paddle and it'll kick to the lowest gear it can for instant go.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When it comes to wheels, the smaller the wheel and the larger the tire sidewall, the better the ride. Ultimately, however, it's a combo of wheel, tire and suspension.
There are other practical issues with the stupid mother fucking wagon wheel fad. Hint: there's a reason track cars don't use low profile tires.
Don't get me started on this. Drives me nuts! Especially on off-road vehicles. I drive a 2013 Land Rover LR4 and the damn thing comes stock with 19" wheels (20" optional) as standard. It's baffling that a truck like a Land Rover built on its off-road pedigree cripples that capability by attaching big wheeled low profile shit tires. They burn countless millions in R&D on the Terrain Response System (way before any other manufacturers did), then pull a stupid move for aesthetics. I actually wouldn't mind the big wheels if they had an 18" no cost-option. But no, to get the full use out of my truck, I have to go and spend a couple grand on wheels and tires to use it to its potential.

I see our big US manufacturers are doing the same stupid thing on things like the F-150, etc. Crazy.

Fadaar

That guy
I like the 19" front 20" rear setup on my Corvette
frown.png
. That fucker corners like a boss. Done shit at 50+ mph on a turn that I wouldn't even dream of doing in my 09 Focus at 35.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
We are way off track, need to find me a 1988 Hilux in functional condition in the US.

I'll take something foreign with bullet holes if it runs and freight is cheap.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I had a '74 Blazer I got from my family whoboughtit new. I drove it all thru high school as my 2nd car. It was great, take the top off and have an open top. Or put the canvas bimini type top on to get out of the sun.

Much like this one except it was blue, similar size tires on it. It lasted forever. In the early 90's I finally paid and had it hauled off, rust got the better of it but it still ran well.

I saw where at the Tesla stock holders meeting they were petitioned to make a vegan car...um ok. Also to stop using leather interiors.

222423_11786091_1974_Chevrolet_Blazer.jpg

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
News on pricing on the RAM Rebel out. Very displeased. (Only truck we've both agreed on at all remotely) Going to have to work on fiancee liking the Raptor. (Not a car person but yet she's vehemently anti Toyota/Ford/most anything else for no reason other than her dad is a dodge person.

Erikmustride_sl

shitlord
I dig the hell out of this one. The stock 350 has a fresh rebuild and has been cammed (don't know what cam) with less than a thousand miles on it. Still has the old three speed so I may put in a new transmission at some point. I ride my motorcycles year round so I'm not too worried about gas mileage.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Love the old chev trucks.

My first vehicle was a 78 Chevy Silverado 454. It cost me $5 to turn it on back in 95'

Brikker

Trump's Staff
News on pricing on the RAM Rebel out. Very displeased. (Only truck we've both agreed on at all remotely) Going to have to work on fiancee liking the Raptor. (Not a car person but yet she's vehemently anti Toyota/Ford/most anything else for no reason other than her dad is a dodge person.
Dodge's are trash. Slap some sense into her.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
ok, so I just finished this about a month ago. I think I posted the truck way back in the FoH days or something, but I drink a lot so who knows....

Anyway, body is a 2009 Dodge Ram 2500, but it has been 100% overhauled. The only stock component on it at this point is the frame and basic stuff like leaf springs, shocks etc.

I had a custom engine built by Industrial Injection(sorry had to a give a shout-out, they have awesome customer service and were a pleasure to work with), I then installed the engine myself along with brand new turbo, fuel injectors, CP3, intercooler, fuel pumps, air intakes and manifolds....was a LOOOONG project, way longer than I thought it would be. Also worth noting I am only an average skilled mechanic who hired an expert to help me along the way, but shit did I learn an insane amount, was worth it.

I've always been a truck fan, and I'm not even sure I know how to explain this as I am not a "car junkie" or expert at any of this, but the driving feel is SOOOO insanely different. If I just "tap" on the throttle it literally takes off. Just fucking disappears. As a 8k curb weight truck it can clear 60 in no time. I don't drag race or anything so I don't have precise times, maybe one bored day I'll run it up. Dynos put me at over 750hp and fuck is this shit fun to drive. If people actually give a shit I'd be happy to list the parts and specs, but this is rerolled...so I doubt anyone does
smile.png
Plus you can find me and the info on the cummins and diesel forums if you wanted to.

Anyway here are some pictures, sorry for the iphone quality and lack of good angles. I'm not a photographer.

rrr_img_100537.jpg
rrr_img_100538.jpg
rrr_img_100539.jpg
rrr_img_100540.jpg
rrr_img_100541.jpg
rrr_img_100542.jpg