What vehicle do you drive?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Winters suck up here. This winter has been really good to us, except for a couple of really horrible storms, and those kinds of storms were the impetus behind this:

IMG_0258.JPG

2016 Subaru Legacy 3.6R with pretty much every option I could get on it. I've driven it through one major storm already and it's incomparable to the Ford Fusion I had. AWD is just plain unbeatable if the climate calls for it. Before I took delivery of this car, I got stuck at 3 separate intersections on the way home in the storm we had in late December in my Fusion. My 20 minute drive home ended up taking over 2 hours. I consider that an omen that I did the right thing by switching cars.

Other than the WRX (which my wallet said no to -- easily $10K more than the Legacy, if not more) or the BRZ (which you'd have to be crazy to drive in any snow, let alone the amount we usually get), the Legacy is the best looking car Subaru makes these days, in my opinion. It helps that both sets of tires I got from them are on really decent looking rims. If Ford does one thing wrong with their cars, it's shitty ugly-ass rims unless you buy your own and provide them.

Granted, performance suffers with the CVT on this thing, if you want to call it suffering, anyway, which I don't -- it's plenty responsive for my taste, and I'm not racing anyone anyway. I don't care if I can't do 0-100 in 7 seconds. I can pass people when I need to, for sure. That said, if there had been an option for a turbo 4, I'd probably have gone with that instead. There is no turbo on the Legacy anymore. I don't get it, and I'm apparently not alone on this from the reading I've done. Meh.

Looking forward to seeing what it feels like in summer, anyway, since I've only ever driven this one in winter. I test drove one in late fall, but it wasn't exactly the same.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Got this last month and even though it's 'just' a V6 I already feel that tuning bug returning

rrr_img_127142.jpg

*Not actual car but looks exactly the same.
I'd put a catback at most and save up to grab a V8.

The V6 is just not worth the headache to tune anywhere approaching V8 levels NA (and in truth I'm not sure it will get there even with custom intake/exhaust/etc.) and FI is going to be like buying the V8 and mods price difference wise.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Sadly I'm in CA so I'm extremely limited in what I can do to a car while keeping it street legal. I already bought a CAI (One of the few that has a CARB number) and a tune (not legal).

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Sadly I'm in CA so I'm extremely limited in what I can do to a car while keeping it street legal. I already bought a CAI (One of the few that has a CARB number) and a tune (not legal).
I assume that's a 2011-14 V6. Those have decent power and a CAI and tune should definitely make a noticeable improvement. I have a 2008 GT and your V6 actually makes a bit more horsepower stock.

Only thing really bad about the V6 is that they are geared super high for gas mileage. Probably has a 2.73 rear end unless you have the TrackPack option.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I assume that's a 2011-14 V6. Those have decent power and a CAI and tune should definitely make a noticeable improvement. I have a 2008 GT and your V6 actually makes a bit more horsepower stock.

Only thing really bad about the V6 is that they are geared super high for gas mileage. Probably has a 2.73 rear end unless you have the TrackPack option.
2013. Between the CAI and the Tune, together they claim around 30-35 hp at the rear wheels, I should be closing on 350 hp on the motor. That tune really kicked that engine in the rear, my largest complaint was under around 3k rpm it just didn't have that push you back in the seat feeling. After 3k rpm you could feel the motor really wake up though. With the tune in there that's all changed for the better. I think my next upgrade may be a driveshaft since I'm reading they are prone to failure on the V6.

It does have the factory Performance package on it as well which gives it better brakes, suspension, tire upgrade and 3.31 in the rear.

koljec_sl

shitlord

Posted her in this thread when she was new, just a little update now that she is broken in. ~30k miles, several ~2k round trips under her belt, not a single issue to report. Great road cruiser for a smaller car. Smooth ride, large quiet cabin. Clutch has slipped a couple of times gunning it on an on ramp, not unexpected with the tune. She requires more finesse than our civic si for sure, much more power, huge amount of torque. She's got personality <3 Love her more every time I drive her.

2013 Fender edition Beetle 2.0t, manual
Revo Stage 1 since ~7000 miles
18 inch OZ/Conti DW
H&R Sport/Koni combo
That's a sort of rare beetle, isn't it? I love the VW 2.0T VW engine.

How do you like the Revo tune? I've got a 2015 GTI and I can't decide on a flash tune or JB1. Will make the jump when it's time to replace the stock tires.

kaxfenix

N00b
rrr_img_127605.jpg

This is my Purchase. First new car in about 15 years. I am having fun with it. 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Ultimate. 6spd Manual v6.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well gents, I've done it. I've started my 86 with a fully custom engine harness built by my own hands with a fully programmable ECU. It was a nightmare but holy shit what an accomplishment.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Welp, a year after buying the 435i (a car I really liked, and my first "sports/sporty" car) I ended up at the Porsche dealer last weekend looking for a Boxster/Cayman. Neither car felt faster than my BMW, but both were markedly better to drive - in fact, since selling my motorcycle last year I haven't had that much fun on the road..... ever? That said, the new 718's are coming out later this year for both cars so threatening to wait the dealer gave me a pretty decent deal on a Boxster base with some of the packages, etc. Couldn't decide between Cayman or Boxster (Cayman has a nicer shape and much nicer looking rear), but with the weather being 70-80 degrees, there was something appealing about the convertible so that's the way I went. Really pleased with the decision and I think the wife and I will drive it to Carmel this summer instead of flying. Will still drive the truck everyday as a DD, but I can't really explain how much fun this car is, even with a "small" engine. Reckon I'll keep it a few years and trade up at some point for the newer Cayman/Boxster S or something, as I can already feel the need for more speed, hehe.

rrr_img_127775.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Congrats. I feel like convertibles are for old dude and chicks. Get the Cayman when you trade up.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Welp, a year after buying the 435i (a car I really liked, and my first "sports/sporty" car) I ended up at the Porsche dealer last weekend looking for a Boxster/Cayman. Neither car felt faster than my BMW, but both were markedly better to drive - in fact, since selling my motorcycle last year I haven't had that much fun on the road..... ever? That said, the new 718's are coming out later this year for both cars so threatening to wait the dealer gave me a pretty decent deal on a Boxster base with some of the packages, etc. Couldn't decide between Cayman or Boxster (Cayman has a nicer shape and much nicer looking rear), but with the weather being 70-80 degrees, there was something appealing about the convertible so that's the way I went. Really pleased with the decision and I think the wife and I will drive it to Carmel this summer instead of flying. Will still drive the truck everyday as a DD, but I can't really explain how much fun this car is, even with a "small" engine. Reckon I'll keep it a few years and trade up at some point for the newer Cayman/Boxster S or something, as I can already feel the need for more speed, hehe.
Nice! Welcome to the P-car family. I had a Cayman S for about 2 years and sold it to get a 911 Turbo. Always need more.
smile.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Nice! Welcome to the P-car family. I had a Cayman S for about 2 years and sold it to get a 911 Turbo. Always need more.
smile.png
Ya, cheers fellas. I told my wife the same thing Soy but then proceeded to giggle like a bitch with the top down doing twisty's on the Oklahoma backroads and it sealed the deal. Wish I'd known you were selling the Cayman - I wanted the boxster in yellow or red but all he had was black and the silver =/ Actually, I wanted lime gold or whatever that older color was but seems like Porsche doesn't make it anymore?

Grats on the 911 though
cool.png

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yea my Cayman was yellow. Turbo is guards red. I don't know what gold color you're talking about but I hate the off colors, I will only do red/black/yellow.
biggrin.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
It's alright on classic 928's, but yeah, I don't think it works with modern styling. To me that's the color that asshole real estate agents order their Jaguar in, and then get the hood Jag replaced with an even larger, gold plated one.