What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Thanks man - yeah it was a goal of mine and took me about 5 years to get the money together. Lots of fun blowing the doors off of m5's and z06's in a straight line (until my gearing limits the stop speed). Its hard to believe that its the case, especially with the z06, but here is a video of one with ~70 less whp:Toyota MR2 MK1.5 vs. Corvette Z06 - YouTube

Shitty pic is the most recent.

rrr_img_130393.jpg
Atleast you have the right color! I still want and AW11, I'm jelly. I'll for sure hit you up if I'm ever in the Seattle area.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Just rescued this 1972 Z down in San Diego. The owner was going to part it and send the remains to the boneyard. The front frame rails and a few smaller panels have some rust (mostly surface). He was convinced the car was full of cancer (which it isn't!). Spent the last month getting it prepped for new...everything. Turns out the front frame rails are only about $300 for a new set. Welding those in next week. Putting my freshly rebuilt l28et, holset hx35 and megasquirt in (hopefully later this month).
Welp, over a year later, and 2 cars deep, finally got some progress. The 72 I picked up, after further teardown and inspection, was in fact a huge piece of shit. I scavenged what I could from it, and sold the rest for parts. I hunted for almost another year to find another one I could work with. Found a 74 260 that I was much better prepared to inspect and ultimately purchase. Not the final paint color, but good enough for now. I just finished the entire front end last weekend. Bumper, air dam and HID headlight conversion. Now I'm working on the gauge conversion - figured out I could retrofit the defi BF gauges into the stock cups with a little work. They fit perfect and look amazing. While the dash is off I'm replacing all the dash lights and stock gauge lights that I'm keeping with colored LEDs.
rrr_img_131572.jpg
rrr_img_131573.jpg
rrr_img_131574.jpg
rrr_img_131575.jpg
rrr_img_131576.jpg
rrr_img_131577.jpg

mr208

N00b
Welp, over a year later, and 2 cars deep, finally got some progress. The 72 I picked up, after further teardown and inspection, was in fact a huge piece of shit. I scavenged what I could from it, and sold the rest for parts. I hunted for almost another year to find another one I could work with. Found a 74 260 that I was much better prepared to inspect and ultimately purchase. Not the final paint color, but good enough for now. I just finished the entire front end last weekend. Bumper, air dam and HID headlight conversion. Now I'm working on the gauge conversion - figured out I could retrofit the defi BF gauges into the stock cups with a little work. They fit perfect and look amazing. While the dash is off I'm replacing all the dash lights and stock gauge lights that I'm keeping with colored LEDs.
rrr_img_131572.jpg
rrr_img_131573.jpg
rrr_img_131574.jpg
rrr_img_131575.jpg
rrr_img_131576.jpg
rrr_img_131577.jpg
Wow! Nice work man. Love it.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Love the old Datsons. Awesome little project. I always dreamed about putting an LS6 or something into one, but never had the time - or skill - to do it.

rrr_img_131621.jpg

Got rid of the M6GC because I was bored of not shifting for myself. Tried to get a GT350 R, but nothing under $90,000 and decided no on the C7Z06 (had a C5Z and C6Z in the past). This car is just silly. Can't stop smiling. Will be doing coilovers, wheels (Forgeline or Finspeed) and fatter tires. No power adders.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Man, I used to own a Datsun B210, like the one below. That was a total shite car for me. Rusted in places I didn't know were metal. Used to get wet feet from the water spraying in from the holes in the floor.

glFNWXZ.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Nice fucking Z car Madruk!

Well, my 86 survived the dyno then I went to get it inspected and registered 2 weeks later and it blew up 2 blocks down the road on just a cruise. I don't even.... Tearing it down now to find out what's wrong and I picked up some individual throttle bodies for the rebuild, it's going to sound even better.

hqdefault.jpg

Those noises, mmmm mmmm (Shit won't inbed yo)
https://youtu.be/a4B5aDUeP9k?t=34

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
grr. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger, just use it to haul shit. It has only 85,000 miles on it, but the brakes were acting up, so I had it in to the shop today. Previous owner did a brake job himself, no idea what he was doing, almost $600 later I've got new brakes. Fucking lot to spend on an older vehicle, but I use it so little, I think it should be good for about a decade.

This truck has been so shit in snow I was thinking about getting rid of it, but now there should be functional ABS brakes, so we shall see. I give it one more chance.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Love the old Datsons. Awesome little project. I always dreamed about putting an LS6 or something into one, but never had the time - or skill - to do it.

rrr_img_131621.jpg

Got rid of the M6GC because I was bored of not shifting for myself. Tried to get a GT350 R, but nothing under $90,000 and decided no on the C7Z06 (had a C5Z and C6Z in the past). This car is just silly. Can't stop smiling. Will be doing coilovers, wheels (Forgeline or Finspeed) and fatter tires. No power adders.
Hellcat? Love it

Fadaar

That guy

rrr_img_131621.jpg

Shoulda given the Z06 a drive mang... it's some fuuuuuuun stuff. Big enough change from the pre-C7 models to make it feel new and different.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yup, Hellcat.

I did drive the C7Z (owned a C5 and C6 Z in the past). But, I wanted something more daily friendly and the Cat offered a real trunk and back seats. It's a cream puff if you aren't on the gas.

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man, I used to own a Datsun B210, like the one below. That was a total shite car for me. Rusted in places I didn't know were metal. Used to get wet feet from the water spraying in from the holes in the floor.

glFNWXZ.jpg
lol I lost my virginity in one of these! This image just brought back some memories!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Had my brakes looked at by my garage, they said everything about them was wrong. Totally rebuilt the brakes for $650, and now I can't get them to lock up. Went on gravel, couldn't get them to lock. Maybe this truck will be okay after all.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Had my brakes looked at by my garage, they said everything about them was wrong. Totally rebuilt the brakes for $650, and now I can't get them to lock up. Went on gravel, couldn't get them to lock. Maybe this truck will be okay after all.
Does your truck have ABS? (yes/no)

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Can't get them to lock and you're lacking ABS? That seems like now you have no brake power whatsoever.
No, I now have ABS whereas they would have simply locked before.

That seems like the wrong set of wheels to have ABS on.

Edit: Or is that a thing on trucks because of their light rear ends?
Yeah, that's right. I put a bunch of sandbags in the rear during winter. Hopefully this improves my braking power.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that's right. I put a bunch of sandbags in the rear during winter. Hopefully this improves my braking power.
I'd be curious to see a scientific test on the impact of sandbags on RWD trucks. To me, it's more about stability/balance while cornering under light throttle to maintain speed and getting weight on the rear wheels so you can actually get going from a standstill. But adding mass to the rear axle wouldn't really do much for stopping distance, because most of your braking power is going to come from your front wheels no matter what, and you've just added a few hundred pounds or whatever to the overall vehicle weight. Why not just jam a bunch of sandbags under the hood up front if you're concerned about braking? That would make as much sense.

I know when we were doing Chevettes on ice racing 10+ years ago, any ballast in the rear was 100% to do with stability and throttle traction, and had very little to do with braking.