What vehicle do you drive?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2010 Nissan 370Z 40th Anniv edition.

gaoEMEy.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Welp, Drive went full retard like Jalopnik and got absolutely destroyed on Facebook. Looks like they are losing tons of subs now.

l2IhXXR.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Wish we had roads like that around here!

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love just about everything about Texas, except for the lack of driving roads. California had some of the best, despite being the worst place to live.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Thats pretty awesome, the lack of torque would probably get annoying but out in the open road it would be crazy.

I think it would probably suck somewhere with tons of flat road, but in the mountains it would be pretty damn fun. If you can sway Farah to like something that isn't a V8, you know it's good.z

You and me both Burren.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Need opinions on the Cadillac CTS... Dealer I bought my Cadillac ATS from contacted me that they have a Cadillac CTS V-Sport (Premium) available (this is the V6 twin-turbo) that they are willing to sell to me for a pretty good price (I previously expressed interest in purchasing a CTS-V, hence why they called). We were discussing consolidating our sedans (Cadillac ATS and her Lexus IS as we also have a SUV and truck) and buying a larger sedan later this year as-is and were leaning towards a Lexus GS/GS-F, Infiniti Q50S/Q60, or a MB E-Class

Thoughts, opinions? Anyone have longterm experience with Magnetic Ride Control that can comment what they like/don't like?

Last edited:

Hekotat

I blew up the rear end in the 86 on Monday, I'm going to start a gofundme. Cad Cad , sell your fucking Porsche so I can get my shit back on the road.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hekotat Hekotat et al

Torn... On my 2015 Tundra

Got a deal from private seller who lost his truck before installing jba long tube headers. Also had mid pipes sitting at dirty deeds in California who is known for Toyota and raptor exhaust work. 2 hi flow cats and 2 dummies.

Hiccup was shop had them built out for 3" instead of 2.5" They can swap the end to 2,5 and claim negligible loss from that. Or i can build it out to make it a full 3" system and might be able to sweeten the cost a little for the trouble.

My options were do 2.5, add jba and mids to my existing dirty deeds system as planned. No cost increase.

A supposed noticable upgrade is doing their catback trd upgrade system taking me to duals. 999 in stainless but I can trade in my old DD system for full price at about 600 so making it 400 from them and about 450 from dealer for trd pipes. So $850~

Or keep it 3". Same price catback and trade in but 900 for custom 3" tail pipe and no one else really makes one. Allegedly a gain in low end torque, mid teens for hp/T. Comes to about 1300.

So essentially +0, +800, +1300 for varying amounts of +gooder/merica. Really torn on wanting to do the duals but then it's not that much more for the 3"... Also violating keeping costs down on trying to do fairly mild upgrades. ( Is why i gave up on the super, awesome but not 8k awesome)

Edit: Once Im done with this I'll be getting it Tuned by DAP who can do full tune now that the ecu got cracked this year. Unlike stuff like bully dog that just feed computer false air flow readings to get it to do what it wants.

Last edited:

Hekotat

Always good to have more gooder America.

I hope I get to re-assmebly my fucking car this weekend. I got 3 weeks until I move and I can't get any of my asshat friends to help me, it's stressing me out. Basically when my rear-end went kaboom on Memorial day it turned out that the diff just came apart, one of the washers fell down in between the ring and pinion and destroyed it. I guess that's what 30 years of abuse will do.

You can see all three bolts that worked their way out of the 3rd member. I have ordered a new TRD 2 way with a Weir solid spacer and a 4.3 Ring and Pinion instead of the factory 3.9. It should come alive on the track now.

lTQNhsk.jpg

Hekotat

Hekotat Hekotat et al

Torn... On my 2015 Tundra

Got a deal from private seller who lost his truck before installing jba long tube headers. Also had mid pipes sitting at dirty deeds in California who is known for Toyota and raptor exhaust work. 2 hi flow cats and 2 dummies.

Hiccup was shop had them built out for 3" instead of 2.5" They can swap the end to 2,5 and claim negligible loss from that. Or i can build it out to make it a full 3" system and might be able to sweeten the cost a little for the trouble.

My options were do 2.5, add jba and mids to my existing dirty deeds system as planned. No cost increase.

A supposed noticable upgrade is doing their catback trd upgrade system taking me to duals. 999 in stainless but I can trade in my old DD system for full price at about 600 so making it 400 from them and about 450 from dealer for trd pipes. So $850~

Or keep it 3". Same price catback and trade in but 900 for custom 3" tail pipe and no one else really makes one. Allegedly a gain in low end torque, mid teens for hp/T. Comes to about 1300.

So essentially +0, +800, +1300 for varying amounts of +gooder/merica. Really torn on wanting to do the duals but then it's not that much more for the 3"... Also violating keeping costs down on trying to do fairly mild upgrades. ( Is why i gave up on the super, awesome but not 8k awesome)

Edit: Once Im done with this I'll be getting it Tuned by DAP who can do full tune now that the ecu got cracked this year. Unlike stuff like bully dog that just feed computer false air flow readings to get it to do what it wants.

3" exhaust seems overkill to me, I've only seen vehicles with turbos run exhaust that large. I know fuck all about trucks though, so maybe it's okay.

As for your options, I don't know man. I'm a baller on a budget so I go with cheapest good option available. I'd love to be able to afford some baller shit, but I just can't swing it. I also don't really know a lot about trucks or all those acronyms, might be better to bounce this off a truck guy.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is a standard bank access/financial credit security question.

I would never answer what my daily driver is in a setting like this where we've had people get so angry over political arguments that they threaten dox.

God bless you all.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

I would never answer what my daily driver is in a setting like this where we've had people get so angry over political arguments that they threaten dox.

God bless you all.

You should check out the other two threads "What street did you grow up on?" and "what is the name of your childhood best friend?"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

God bless you all.

Fucker, I never thought of this. PARANOIA, ENGAGED!

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucker, I never thought of this. PARANOIA, ENGAGED!

What was the name of your first pet? Who was your childhood hero?

In other news, I picked up a brand new, 0 miles fresh out the crate 2016 Honda Ruckus yesterday, for a better price than most of the ones on craigslist. Pics to come later, it rained the entire way home on it, lol hurricane season.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

God bless you all.

Unless it's combined with "what bank do you use and what is your name/login info" I don't see how it's useful to know random_forum_user_01 drives a honda ridgeline or whatever, but ok

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Splurged. I bought a 2017 Tesla S. Only thing it doesn't have is the full on driving capabilities and a sunroof. Nice not having to worry about gas going to work since there're charging stations at the hospital and at the house.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Splurged. I bought a 2017 Tesla S. Only thing it doesn't have is the full on driving capabilities and a sunroof. Nice not having to worry about gas going to work since there're charging stations at the hospital and at the house.

keep contemplating this and have been holding off. Liking the car?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Unless it's combined with "what bank do you use and what is your name/login info" I don't see how it's useful to know random_forum_user_01 drives a honda ridgeline or whatever, but ok

HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING:

You don't need a login that is the whole point of security questions. I do need your real name though (can be obtained through becoming facebook pals and such, do I really need to spell the entire process out here?). Easily sniffed out just add a bunch of names on a dressed up Facebook account they will press accept. Your DOB is hidden on facebook? Cool, old news. I can pull that myself off a database and know of at least 1 rough method for confirming whether its the DOB of the address I'm looking at. I just need your real name and the City/Town. I do not need you to list your address on facebook. I just need to know your general age to help sift through the query. City/state is easily obtained from facebook typically. The address is in the same database that stores the names and DOBs (its a 3rd party DB, non-government entity and not going to list it here)

Basically with the answer to 3 security questions I can bypass needing to know your PIN or password entirely, and using the phone at that point with all the other information, can fully dictate what I want done with the account (typically extra cards, mailing address changes, etc). Unfortunately for the consumer, one of the security questions can be "Whats the # of your street address?" Yikes. The car is one of the harder ones.

Without ever logging into any website with any passwords or PIN numbers required.

You'd have to have taken some seminars on this to really understand how many different angles there are to this type of stuff. The most painful of the process is confirming the DOB is accurate as most states are starting to black out the day ex. M/00/82. From what I've been taught anyway its not a good idea to give these guys ANY piece of the pie, as it spikes their interest level and they can begin cyberstalking someone just from getting a little whiff of security information.

These types of predators are like dogs-- hunting for the next scam.

Once you have an address + name + DOB you can save a headache and pay a small fee to get a social if that helps (Any major employer is familiar with this routine as they have to confirm the identity of the person they are hiring, typical in out of state construction jobs with no payroll for people to not give a social security # leaving the burden on the employer to get it and check him out)

Last edited: