What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
what do you guys keep in your trunks? and stuff?

i like to be prepared so in both cars i have the glass shatter on driver side, and i have a aluminum bat wrapped in foam (b/c it clangs with the metal and rolls and is annoying) on the passenger side.

besides the standard spare tire and jack in the trunk i have
washer fluid
brake fluid
rad fluid
oil (1quart)
window wiper
interior window wiper (for smudges/flog)
snow broom
foldable shovel
4 folded boxes(like moving kind or amazon kind, they weigh nothing and it's good incase you need traction)
1 jump starter
1 gallon gas in approved can
1 tow rope
1 basic first aid kit

i'm planning to upgrade these soon, currently i have all the stuff stashed on the sides of the trunk (where the wheels are), what ppls best bet?

I know a few ppl carry a bug out bag in their car.

Trunk: Air pump, jumper cables (Tow strap in the ae86 as well), micro fiber towels and detail spray to get bird shit off before it eats the clear coat.

Glovebox: Small ratchet/sockets/screwdrivers (ae86 only)

I don't like having a lot of shit in my car, now if I'm going on a long trip I might add some more tools and a better low-pro jack.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I have literally nothing in my car. Cell phone and a credit card.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just want the Supra resurrected. Best car, by miles, that I ever owned.

I don't simply mean a performance car in its name, but what the Supra was truly about. A hyper over-engineered car with an engine / drivetrain that could take double the stock HP with only bolt on mods (turbo, IC, etc). The 2JZ was a thing of beauty. Good for up to ~650hp before you needed to open it up and work on any internals. Just a monster.

The thing cost ~$45k back in the early 90s. That's about $75k in monetary inflation today... likely $120k in the auto bubble of today.

It's crazy to think Toyota has been without a performance vehicle in the USA since 1998. (fuck Lexus)

Well I know it's probably not your cup of tea, but the GTI/A3 is capable of doubling its stock horsepower with only "bolt-ons". With a "stock" turbo from the Golf R (no modificstion), intercooler and downpipe I'm at 380 horsepower and 400ft-lbs of torque. The stock car is around 220/250. That's like 4500 worth of mods and a couple hours of labor(I paid a shop to do it).

There is an APR stage 3 kit that will take you to 500hp for another 4000 or so beyond that (or 600+ if you beef up engine internals).

That's really not bad considering you can find decent used mk7 GTIs for 15k. Or A3s for 22k.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not familiar with that engine. The point was the 2JZ is legendary for its ability to make insane HP / Tq on stock internals and remaining absolutely bulletproof. You can throw big HP at any engine with forced induction, but reliability is an entirely different thing.

When you start messing with the internals, these 3.0L i6 engines are making 1200-1500+ hp.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
They are making 1200-1500 hp for < 5% of their power band. Supra dyno sheets are stupid.

PoFgsGc.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
UUEMPWXQIFGHRK4SZUO7YABOLI-600.jpg

My new car. Such features, so wow.
It has "EyeSight" which means it detects when you start to lane shift without signalling, and cars in front of you, so it beeps at me a lot.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
View attachment 134635

My new car. Such features, so wow.
It has "EyeSight" which means it detects when you start to lane shift without signalling, and cars in front of you, so it beeps at me a lot.
subaru cars are like a decade late to car tech/design race

Troll is right, that shit has been around for ages. Even when the big US manufacturers tout some new amazing tech, you can bet your ass it has been around in BMW, MB, Audis for years before it already. Lane change warning tech actually came from Japan and is over 15 years old and first came to America 13 years ago.

All the newest shit now doesn't warn you, it actually steers the car for you and keeps it in the lane. A Tesla can actually change lanes for you simply by using the turn signal. Even that stuff is going on 4 years old now.

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Obviously not downgrading his new car but i think subaru as a brand is a dying breed like mitsubishi.

The one thing Subaru has going for it is that it is an AWD system for wintery states in a vehicle that is not only cheap, but very reliable. It's nothing at all exciting, but it is damn good value for what it offers.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Obviously not downgrading his new car but i think subaru as a brand is a dying breed like mitsubishi.

Go and spend some time in Montana or Colorado or similar places. It seems like 3 out of 4 cars on the road are Subarus. They're pretty solidly built cars and they're good in snow. But they get shit mileage and look like turds.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been driving a legacy since 2014. It's ulgy as hell but has an extremly low maintenance cost and behaves good in the snow. I can even reach 240 km/h on the german highway. Biggest downside for me is the lack of AUX or USB input for my music. The touchscreen (the car is from 2004) is fantastic however, entering a location on the GPS is very fast, much faster than in a new mercedes with their horrible joystick.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Go and spend some time in Montana or Colorado or similar places. It seems like 3 out of 4 cars on the road are Subarus. They're pretty solidly built cars and they're good in snow. But they get shit mileage and look like turds.

It gets way better mileage than my Mazda3 did. Think it's rated at 29/36 epa estimate with the 2.0L boxer engine.

Also, I was kinda trashing on the EyeSight a bit, lol. My last car had no frills whatsoever though, so keyless entry and push to start was all I was really looking for. Built in navi and sirius and shit just a benefit.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Subaru's are great cars - I'd actually consider one for myself if I liked their design language even a little bit. My parents have a fully loaded 16' outback with the V6 and it's a terrific mountain car - but even with the super nice leather, tech package etc the interior still looks and feels kind of cheap/cheesy - and this was a $40k station wagon!

As for the LCA/Adaptive cruise control - my 17' Porsche has LCA, and it's about the most worthless thing I've ever seen. It literally only beeps when I veer in the other lane - my parents Subaru is much more advanced and will actually steer you back into your lane. Their car was $40k, my wifes was $75k. Something doesn't jive there, the cheap cunts

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Subaru isn't dying and it's isn't "late to the party". What you're seeing, is trickle-down from expensive brands into a car that is VERY affordable and VERY reliable. Just because the MB S Class had _______ first, doesn't mean every other car is behind the curve. Subaru sells in a certain market segment that doesn't allow the R&D of other brands.

Having lived in New England for over 20 years and owning 3 Subarus for 14 of those, I absolutely love the brand and the cars. They can do absolutely everything. No need for them in Houston, but I still miss having one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users